PDA

View Full Version : Gunslinger Tabaxi(No homebrew)

zinycor
2020-12-07, 03:05 PM
So, I want to make a tabaxi that uses guns.

https://coubsecure-s.akamaihd.net/get/b62/p/coub/simple/cw_image/63460e66a41/853381f522ef428b5f5d2/med_1420903389_00001.jpg

Please, help me come up with a cool build

NecessaryWeevil
2020-12-07, 03:30 PM
Is Battlemaster with Crossbow Expert (using hand crossbows) close enough? Possibly dipping rogue for more "one shot, one kill" flavour as Battlemaster kind of drops off later on.
I'm not up on the newest books and all the crazy stuff in them, maybe there are actually non-homebrew rules for gunslingers.

Civis Mundi
2020-12-07, 04:48 PM
You can pick up the new Gunner feat on any martial class of your choosing, probably something with extra attack. There's also the straight up Gunslinger Fighter. It's technically unofficial material from Critical Role, but it's on DNDBeyond. I've played alongside it at multiple tables and it's perfectly serviceable.

Citadel97501
2020-12-07, 05:22 PM
I would suggest a Wizard: Bladesinger 6 & Artificer: Artillerist 5 combination, that would give you a deadly combination of Eldritch Cannon (off hand gun or force field abbreviated to EC), along with a main hand crossbow in the other hand, if you infuse the hand crossbow you can shoot, and then cast a firebolt, acid splash, or ray of frost.

This would also really focus on the ridiculous foot speed of Tabaxi, as with Bladesong you would move 40' per turn, or 80' per turn with the Tabaxi ability active, or as much as you want with the Haste spell which you should always be using. Oh and this build would be almost entirely Intelligence dependent. You also aren't stuck on any of the basic strategies as you can experiment with Tiny Servant, or anything else when you want to try something new.

Benefits: HIGH AC, extreme movement speed, magical guns/crossbows...

Round 1: Main Action: Haste, Haste: Cantrip from Blade Singer, Bonus Action: Bladesong or fire Eldritch Cannon depending on danger and whether you had a EC active.
Round 2: Cantrip, Shoot, Cantrip, EC

PS: I have a relevant picture but these forums won't let me use them, and it bugs the hell out of me...