PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Skill Tricks Expanded

liquidformat
2020-12-07, 04:41 PM
So I like the concept of Skill tricks but feel like there could be more and was wondering if other people have created additional skill tricks at their table.

Doing a quick look through PF I believe the following are the only new ones the rest are the same with different names and adjusted skill requirements based on the changes in PF to skills:
Agile Charge, Call of the Wild, Clever Impostor (crappier Assume Quirk), Hill Walker, Over Here, Read My Lips

I was thinking low end feats might be good place to start for expanding skill tricks here are some I think might be decent choices:
Acrobatic Strike (PHBII), Agile Athlete (RoW), Brachiation(CAdv), Combat Acrobat(PHBII), Combat Panache(PHBII), Cumbrous Dodge(SS), Dirty Rat(CoR), Fade into Violence(PHBII), Flying Fish Leap(SW), Improved Diversion(CAdv), Mask of Gentility (EoE), Mountain Stance (SoS), Roofwalker (City), Roof-Jumper (City), Sand Dancer (SaS), Sand Spinner (SaS), Ship Savvy(RoE), Sidestep (MH)

Another thought is to have the Adaptive Style Feat possibly work for anyone for the purpose of refreshing your skill tricks during combat (Something like having one effect for people with skill tricks and another for people with levels in Crusader, swordsage, and Warblade classes...

Anyways let me know what you guys think and have done to expand skill tricks.

Biggus
2020-12-07, 09:48 PM
Ooh, I like the idea of turning weaker skill feats into skill tricks. I don't have any more to add right now but I'll have a think about it.