PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Creatures posessing NPC

HoboKnight
2020-12-08, 04:01 AM
Heyya, guys,

my players are an all-elf party with adittional NPC elf. Recently, they got transfered to Feywild and an NPC got an interesting trait of being randomly "possessed" by random spirits/creatures. We can say this elf NPC, originally from Material plane, lacks "barriers" that prevent "posession" as is in case of PCs. I don't intend to go for anything horrible here, more weird and very Feywild-y, I'd like to use this feature as a presentation of entities in feywild and pehaps - beyond. But - I'd appreciate some ideas on what kind of characters would posess this NPC?

I had just one prepared - a roaming feywild/eladrin spirit, that travels the planes, mostly Feywild, who was very interested in this body, strange to Teywild, since it has obviously spend an entire life on Material plane and not on Feywild. The "price" to leave the body, was a song, he wanted from the PCs. (they provided him with one)

I'd appreciate ideas on what sort of charcters do posess this NPC? I'm thinking very along the terms of Planescape torment, movies like Pan's Labytinth, etc.

So ... to what kind of spirits/entities would this body be attractive to (they call it "mask") and what would their goals be? What would they want to experience?

thanks