PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class [Homebrew] Dragonlance Kender PrC - Hand of Belladonna based on the Assassin

Bobur
2020-12-08, 04:23 AM
Hi everyone,
thanks again for the great help recently for figuring out what I actually wanted to play. ^^

The idea now is:
[3.5e] Dragonlance setting starts on Lv2
Kender (maybe afflicted Kender)
Rogue1/Urban Ranger2/Rogue2/Assassin - Urban ranger for better BAB, Svs, and a feat. The only thing is that this would delay the pen strike ACF until Lv5. :(
The 5th level HAS to be rogue or otherwise we don't get the req skills together after 2 ranger levels.

Anywho.

My GM and me are currently playing around with a modified Assasin PrC. And I wanted to hear some thoughts on it.

Hand of Belladonna (Belladonna is a Kender queen and her "eyes and hands" are tasked with protecting her not-so-careful lambs around the world.
Prereq: +8Bluff,+8spot,+8 hide and maybe the impr. taunt feat, depending on the actual class.

1) Not evil, no assassins guild, Kender
2) BAB, skills, saves, and spells stay the same.
Lv1) Replace the death attack with the Kender-Rogue Lv7 ACF (Basically spring attack, no Aoo, and a free hide check if you end up next to cover without a penalty)
This last ability is the only thing that makes me 2nd guess if I actually go for 2Wfighting or not since it doesn't work well with it. But then again there will be full attacks too. ^^

Lv1) Poison use: Originally we switched it to +2 vs fear if it was for an afflicted Kender. (Normal Kender are just immune to fear)
>Protective Taunt: 1/day or /Encounter (some limitation), if an ally is attacked you can immediately taunt the enemy, this happens right before the attack.
+ Flabbergasted: If your target fails its save by 5/10+ it is also dazed for 1 round.
In combination with the impr. taunt feat this is a limited option to debuff opponents and protect your allies.

Normal taunt: St.action: Bluff vs sense motive on 1 target per encounter (Not sure about the wording). -1Atk/AC until your next action (yea that sounds odd) - Kender get a +4bonus on their bluff check to taunt, afflicted Kender don't. Only works with language and I think it counts as mind-affecting. We added the option of body language at a -4 penalty to make it more useable.
Impr. taunt feat: -2Atk/AC for rounds equal to your Cha mod. Again, St. action, bluff vs sense motive.

Lv2: Resistance against poison > Kender luck.
Not sure HOW exactly this might work. Luck domain: Reroll 1 die/day, get multiple uses later? / Just reroll 1 die, later get a bonus on saves, later get an aura like a paladin?/ Only reroll a 1?/ Luck pool: Use it to reroll die rolls, can be used on allies too, maybe within a certain range limit?

Spells: Kender are not completely incapable of casting spells, but it's not very common. My GM would prefer it if I wouldn't use them. But replacing them is a bit tricky. The luck ability is definitely better than the poison stuff, but not quite on the level as spells either. Maybe +2 skillpoints ? Or a small buff to the typical Kender skills? (Sleight of hand, open lock) Open for ideas here.

I had some ideas about some size related stuff: Inspired by the gnome giant slayer or feats like underfoot combat/confound the big folk.

All the other Class features stay: SA, Uncanny dodge...

The Mod Ogre: Edited to include tag. Poster may edit again without repercussion.

jdizzlean
2020-12-08, 12:08 PM
The Mod Life Crisis: Moved to Homebrew

Bobur
2020-12-11, 07:28 AM
I edited the original post into something more specific.