PDA

View Full Version : How does Rune Knight/Artificer do?

moonfly7
2020-12-10, 08:53 AM
Thematically this seems like an awesome combo mambo. Especially since runes are a staple of enchanting, and the Rune Knights runes can be applied to already magical equipment.
But is this multiclass going to be useful? Assuming your mainly artificer and only went 3 fighter, it definitely will be nice to have runes but will it eat into your bonus action? And if it does is it worth sacrificing your subclass bonus actions for?

stoutstien
2020-12-10, 09:50 AM
I could see it working well for an armorer. Getting some short rest based control options and extra skills goes a long way. The only issue is decided when.

Willie the Duck
2020-12-10, 11:50 AM
Yeah, it has value. I would say that a 3-level dip is a pretty steep price, so have a good idea of what and why you are doing before starting down this road.

Falconcry
2020-12-10, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I have mentioned Lott Scang my Gnome Runeknight / Armorer before. A small race that can use a combination of Giant's Might and Enlarge/Reduce to be any size from Tiny to Huge. Grappling gargantuan sized creatures and thunder punching them in the throat is very cathartic.

moonfly7
2020-12-10, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I have mentioned Lott Scang my Gnome Runeknight / Armorer before. A small race that can use a combination of Giant's Might and Enlarge/Reduce to be any size from Tiny to Huge. Grappling gargantuan sized creatures and thunder punching them in the throat is very cathartic.
I believe the name you meant to call him was Ant-Man.
Seriously. Shrink and grow, super armor, just saying.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Lott scang. Scott Lang. I'm big dumb.