PDA

View Full Version : Construct Ideas

Redhood101
2020-12-10, 11:27 AM
I'm running a one-shot soon where the adventure is a group of goblins who have kidnapped a group of heroes (a collection of old PCs and beloved NPCs) and used magic to turn them all into turkeys. They are trying to cook them when the players burst in to stop them. The goblin leader is an artificer and has used the remains of an ancient dragonic construct (an old villain the players fought in an old adventure) to design and build his own creations.
I'm not sure what I want to have the goblin's construct be designed after. I had two ideas, one was a hermit crab type creature where the front was easier to hit but was where the stabby parts were located, but the back was much more armored. The other idea was a humanoid styled construct that would tear apart the cave while they fought it.
If anyone else has ideas I'd love the help. They're level 4 but with a twist that they get the overpowered gear and equipment of level 12 characters so I'm not quite sure where they fall on the whole CR scale.