PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Flavors You Love & Hate

Bartmanhomer
2020-12-11, 09:31 AM
I love Blueberry Coffee but I hate Dark Coffee. Which coffee flavors do you love & hate? :smile:

Anonymouswizard
2020-12-11, 09:36 AM
Only acceptable coffee is coffee flavoured coffee.

D&D_Fan
2020-12-11, 09:50 AM
lol I don't drink coffee regularly. I like the frappuccino stuff they have at starbucks, but I get that once every other year. That's about it. In that case maybe vanilla?

Ajustusdaniel
2020-12-11, 09:56 AM
My preferred flavor of coffee is "With a cookie next to it."

tyckspoon
2020-12-11, 11:22 AM
Hazelnut and mocha. My preferred 'coffee' is basically a hot chocolate made with a portion of coffee replacing some of the usual milk.

Tvtyrant
2020-12-11, 12:55 PM
I love Blueberry Coffee but I hate Dark Coffee. Which coffee flavors do you love & hate? :smile:

I like milk flavored coffee :smallwink:

Civis Mundi
2020-12-11, 12:59 PM
My preferred flavor of coffee is "With a cookie next to it."

To me, this is the truest answer.

In general, I want other things to taste like coffee, not coffee to taste like other things.

Now, this is not a blanket statement. There are a great many things that should not taste like coffee.

This reminds me — does anyone sometimes have the urge to concoct culinary abominations, just to see what will happen? I’ve long held a fiendish curiosity regarding coffee rice. Like, as a dessert rice pudding thing, that could be good. But what if I straight up just put one cup rice and two cups coffee in my rice cooker? What eldritch horror might I behold, besides a ruined piece of perfectly good kitchen equipment?

Bartmanhomer
2020-12-11, 02:24 PM
I like milk flavored coffee :smallwink:

Do you mean cream? I love it as well. :biggrin:

enderlord99
2020-12-11, 04:04 PM
This reminds me — does anyone sometimes have the urge to concoct culinary abominations, just to see what will happen?

I once added some lemonade-flavored drink-mix (liquid, not powdered, though I suspect either one would work) to prepared mustard. It turned out better than the mustard would have alone, at least for my corn-dog.

lylsyly
2020-12-11, 04:22 PM
Pumpkin Spice!!! Don't understand why it's only available a certain time of year!!!!

Bartmanhomer
2020-12-11, 04:25 PM
Pumpkin Spice!!! Don't understand why it's only available at a certain time of year!!!!

Maybe it's a seasonal thing.

tyckspoon
2020-12-11, 04:31 PM
Pumpkin Spice!!! Don't understand why it's only available a certain time of year!!!!

'Pumpkin Spice' is readily available all year - the spices that make up the standard pumpkin spice mix are easy to find, and the actual premixed blend is also available. You can just add some to your coffee along with your sugar. The seasonal thing is just coffee blends/other items that have it already mixed in, and that is indeed so they can market it as 'limited time items.'

Rynjin
2020-12-11, 06:09 PM
'Pumpkin Spice' is readily available all year - the spices that make up the standard pumpkin spice mix are easy to find, and the actual premixed blend is also available. You can just add some to your coffee along with your sugar. The seasonal thing is just coffee blends/other items that have it already mixed in, and that is indeed so they can market it as 'limited time items.'

Adding it directly to your coffee is a bad idea; leaves it gritty. You add it to the coffee grounds and mix it in before brewing. I like to put some in with some cardamom when I need something nice and stress relief-y.

The Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte also incorporates pumpkin puree into the drink itself, so keep that in mind if you're trying to recreate it at home.

As for the original topic, I don't really like flavored coffees, but I like flavored things IN coffee. Hazelnut cream (NOT creamer) is a special favorite of mine, though hard to find where I live. Mocha, of course, is a classic. I made a very nice Thai(?) coffee recipe once that incorporated orange rind and condensed milk, it was quite good.

Tvtyrant
2020-12-11, 06:16 PM
Maybe it's a seasonal thing.

I just use a lot of almond milk, low calorie and high calcium.

Bartmanhomer
2020-12-11, 06:20 PM
I just use a lot of almond milk, low calorie, and high calcium.

Cool. I love almond milk but I don't use it in my coffee, I used French Vanilla creamers on my coffee. :smile:

Sermil
2020-12-12, 02:20 AM
Medium roasts. I bought into the propaganda for a while that "dark roast" = "better", but I eventually realized I, personally, like medium roasts better for coffee.

I still like espresso drinks, which are dark roasts, but for drip coffees, medium is better for me.

Rynjin
2020-12-12, 02:34 AM
Medium roasts. I bought into the propaganda for a while that "dark roast" = "better", but I eventually realized I, personally, like medium roasts better for coffee.

I still like espresso drinks, which are dark roasts, but for drip coffees, medium is better for me.

Is that a common thing bandied about? I thought most people knew by now that the darker the roast, the weaker the coffee?

Bartmanhomer
2020-12-12, 02:39 AM

Is that a common thing bandied about? I thought most people knew by now that the darker the roast, the weaker the coffee?Where did you hear that from? :confused:

Rynjin
2020-12-12, 04:04 AM
I don't remember where I initially heard it, but it's info you can look up. If you're measuring by the scoop (as most people do, I would assume), light roast coffee has more caffeine per scoop, because they roast less; this means you get more coffee bean per scoop since less of the bean burns off during the roasting process.

Asisreo1
2020-12-14, 08:50 PM
Hazelnut and mocha. My preferred 'coffee' is basically a hot chocolate made with a portion of coffee replacing some of the usual milk.
Oooh, yeeeesss. I love Hazelnut anything so when I see Hazelnut at Starbucks, I get it.

Also, I'm a weirdo because I don't like Pumpkin Spice. But I can also drink it black and enjoy it while my friends think I'm some sort of psychopath.

Bartmanhomer
2020-12-14, 10:24 PM
Oooh, yeeeesss. I love Hazelnut anything so when I see Hazelnut at Starbucks, I get it.

Also, I'm a weirdo because I don't like Pumpkin Spice. But I can also drink it black and enjoy it while my friends think I'm some sort of psychopath.

Why would they think of that? :confused:

The Fury
2020-12-15, 08:46 AM
Only acceptable coffee is coffee flavoured coffee.

Yes, I agree. I'm all about black coffee.

tyckspoon
2020-12-15, 02:05 PM
Why would they think of that? :confused:

There are supposedly studies that indicate that enjoying bitter flavors is correlated with increased rates of asocial or anti-social personality traits. The internet being what it is this has filtered into the public consciousness as "If you like your coffee black you're a potential serial killer."

Peelee
2020-12-15, 10:02 PM
There are supposedly studies that indicate that enjoying bitter flavors is correlated with increased rates of asocial or anti-social personality traits. The internet being what it is this has filtered into the public consciousness as "If you like your coffee black you're a potential serial killer."

Granted, I'm not a part of the coffee-drinkers club, but it comes off to me as a pure joke based more on most people not liking black coffee than any alleged studies with supposed correlations. Like me saying "I'm driving my wife's car today so instead of push-button start, I have to turn the key in the ignition, like a barbarian."

Manga Shoggoth
2020-12-16, 02:30 PM
Generally speaking I hate coffee - not helped by my mother who thought I loved it because I used to drink it on the beach when we were on the Isle of Wight, completely ignoring the fact that there was literally nothing else to drink, and when I had any sort of choice I went for tea.

(It's not the only thing my mother managed to instill me with a hatred for - Curry and pizza went the same way, although I did start to like pizza after I discovered that other people produced something other than a crispy, green, olive-infested abomination. Curry is still on the naughty list though...

In extremis, I will drink it black when it is imperitive that I stay awake (and don't mind not being able to sleep that night as a side effect). This doesn't happen often.

...Although, that said, I am rather fond of liqueur coffees with Tia Maria or Cointreau with a meal.

Mastikator
2020-12-17, 01:51 AM
Black coffee. I'd like to use soy milk because it's delicious but it has such a huge markup that I don't bother most of the time.

Whiskey and baileys are nice options if I'm on vacation

DavidSh
2020-12-17, 06:13 PM
I don't drink much coffee, but I prefer it with a little milk, or cream, or ideally half-and-half. In practice I don't keep anything creamier than reduced-fat milk around, so I use that. No sugar.

When the office coffee-shop has hazelnut flavored coffee available, I'll get that. It's not a particularly strong flavor. I can't even imagine what blueberry flavored coffee would be like.

The Fury
2020-12-21, 12:00 PM

I have heard this as well. As I was pouring myself a cup of coffee without any intention of adding anything to it. I guess it's a relief to know that it's more internet meme than actual fact.