PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Build - Would this work?

Fawsto
2007-11-05, 03:55 PM
Hi guys, I had this idea for a useful paladin a few days ago, and I am decided to try it, but I wonder what you think about it. I will apply this to a campaing set where I already have 3 fighter levels on my paladin-wanna-be character. (Yes, the question: why the hell I took the 3rd level? I don't know, pehaps I was drunk!)

I am not creating a super killer, I want to know if this build is nice enought to work, see?

This is the following: Fighter 3, wants Paladin levels and the Kensai PrC (about 5 levels).

strg 16
dex 8
con 13
int 14
wis 13
cha 14

Feats: Power attack, Use exotic weapon: Bastard Sword, Combat Especialization, Improved Trip, Knockdown.

Feats to get: Weapon Focus: Bastard Sword, Divine Might, Extra Turning x2*, Extra Smiting x2*, Combat reflexes (and a glove of dexterity + 4 xD)

The idea is: Weak Enemies: Knock 'em down and finish them off as soon as possible.
Strong Non-evil enemies that for some reason must die: Cast Divine Might and whack them down
Strong Evil Enemies: Smite 'em to dust. And pehaps cast the few Divine Might attacks.

Items to get: The basic for a Paladin + something to add cons, dex, str and cha.

I am planing this for far ahead.

I know, this is probably a subpar build, but I want to test it, do you think It is good enough as a all-round warrior for close quarters? Any ideas?

I have access to the 3.5 core, the Sword and Fist Family, the Complete Arcane, Divine, Warrior and Adventurer, draconomicon and exalted deeds.