PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class The lucky thief - A Dragonlance Kender PrC

Bobur
2020-12-12, 01:23 PM
3.5e Dragonlance Kender PrC
Homebrew

Hi everyone I am currently working with my DM on a PRC for a 3.5e Dragonlance adventure. Core only. The thought is to make a class that simply amplifies what the Kender race already is.

It's a PrC for rogues

Should add flexibility and options to the class

underline the Kender strengths

Kender are: curious, fast, thieves, usually good-natured, great at taking stuff and getting into places - also great at getting into trouble, but also at getting out of it. So people say they are blessed by the gods with good luck (and maybe even bring luck) They are also great at taunting (impr. taunt ability/feat). They are also rather unlikely to become spellcasters aside from bards.

req: Kender, good, bluff 8, uncanny dodge, evasionSkills:6 (as rogue)HD/BAB/ as rogue , Good SV Ref

Lv1: SA, Strike and Cover, impr. taunt as a free feat, Kender luck(1 use)

Lv2: impr. uncanny dodge, +1Sv vs mind-affecting

Lv3: SA, Kender Luck (+1use)

Lv4: Kender +2Sv vs mind-affecting

Lv5: SA, impr. Evasion

Lv6: Kender Luck (+1use), +3Sv vs mind-affecting

Lv7: SA

Lv8: +4Sv vs mind-affecting

Lv9: SA Kender Luck (+1use)

Lv10: +5Sv vs mind-affecting

Strike and Cover (ACF for kender rogues, spring attack with hide check)
Stay hidden, strike, and hide again!

Impr taunt feat - bluff check bs sense motive to debuff your target.

Kender Luck: 1/day you can reroll a single roll of yourself, an ally or an enemy. You have to abide by the new result.

Thoughts: Better than pure rogure for sure. The luck ability reflects the luck that kender posses while adding an option that can be great but is still up to luck.
Maybe add some other options to use for this luck use? I also thought about letting them use sleight of hand to recharge their luck by stealing it from enemies. (Which might work if this is a special action and not a sleight of hand check - because there is a feat that allows soh as a free action, which would be too much)
Impr. uncanny and evasion seem logical although not very good by themselves.

I am open for ideas.

Bobur
2020-12-15, 08:46 AM
I reworked the entire class. This is likely what I will play with. But I would still be happy to hear ideas.