PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Best Mapmaking/auto rolling software for beginners

origomart
2020-12-13, 04:35 PM
Hello, i am planning on running a pathfinder campaign. I was just wondering what tools people used for online play that they've had the most success/easiest time using.

Most of the players are either new or not very experienced, and I am basically trying to make the game as simple as possible for them, and the way i am running the game there will be a fairly good amount of combat encounters so streamlining that process as much as possible is definitely a benefit.

The only thing I personally have experience with is roll20 in terms of a map making software and "automated roller"(not sure what its called, but what i mean by this is a software that does a lot of the addition and subtraction of various buffs/debuffs for you).

Particularly i want something that does both because even at low levels pathfinder can be kind of heavy on the buff/debuff and it definitely slows down combat having to calculate all that stuff by hand.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with any other programs or if theres anything better in their opinion than roll 20. I would prefer free stuff, but if its not super expensive i'd probably splurge on something if it was objectively superior/would cut the time im using down significantly.

Thanks in advance,

Kurald Galain
2020-12-13, 04:55 PM
roll20 is great.

However, it has three sheets for Pathfinder. The "Pathfinder by roll20" sheet is convenient and easy to use. The "Pathfinder community" sheet is horribly overcomplicated, to the point where most players recommend ignoring it entirely and writing their own macros. The "Pathfinder (simple)" sheet is convenient if you're not a spellcaster.