PDA

View Full Version : Build help: Vistani Mystic [3.P]

Mystic_Sonja
2020-12-15, 05:27 AM
Greetings people!

I have been finding fairly difficult to come up with a satisfying build for the concept I have in mind for the new campaign I will take part in. Perhaps the good and knowledgeable people of these boards can help out!

Fluff: Character is an old lore Vistani mystic [did not read the 4e lore but I understand they are now planar nomads also?] from the demiplane of dread who just walked out of the mists and onto a more generic D&D campaign world.

Role: Role-wise, the character would need to be able to fill a healer niche.

Bonus:
+Divination, hex, curse, occult and necromantic spells [tho the character is not going to be evil or raise the dead], tarokka/harrow readings [to fit with the theme of the Vistani / gypsy mystic theme]
+Would likely be the primary spellcaster, so 9lvl casting would be a boon
+Party is hurting for front line characters, so a 3/4 bab like clerics, favored souls, oracles do would be fantastic if at all manageable
+Campaign is likely to include undead. A consideration.

Sources:
Mainly 3.P, but anything adaptable to a D&D style d20 system without too much headaches works
Not barring 3p or homebrew, but requires more GM scrutiny

Any takers for the challenge?
Thanks in advance to everyone!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c0/6c/19/c06c19a2a04427f88cc578fba5ef5e6a.jpg

ShurikVch
2020-12-17, 04:11 PM
Questions:

Firstly, do you mean "Mystic" as a class, or just a general description
Because - even for a class, there are several classes which are called "Mystic" (let alone PrC, Archetypes, and names such as "Mystic ..." or "... Mystic")

And secondly, if you want to play Vistani, I presume you're OK with their LA somehow, but do you aware about the "Static Burn"?
Stay a week mostly on one place - and all your Vistani abilities are gone forever (after the 1d6+1 days of illness, but it's unclear if the process can be stopped, let alone how)

Mystic_Sonja
2020-12-21, 08:19 AM
Questions:

Firstly, do you mean "Mystic" as a class, or just a general description
Because - even for a class, there are several classes which are called "Mystic" (let alone PrC, Archetypes, and names such as "Mystic ..." or "... Mystic")

And secondly, if you want to play Vistani, I presume you're OK with their LA somehow, but do you aware about the "Static Burn"?
Stay a week mostly on one place - and all your Vistani abilities are gone forever (after the 1d6+1 days of illness, but it's unclear if the process can be stopped, let alone how)

I am probably going to go with the half-vistani to avoid all issues of level adjustment. I mean... I could just say she is Varisian, but where is the fun in that when she could be from the demiplane of dread instead? :smallcool:
I meant mystic as a descriptor, not as a specific class. It's the flavour I am aiming for.

I was not aware of the static burn, but I actually like the idea conceptually.