PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The Stormlord's Wargear

JNAProductions
2020-12-15, 02:32 PM
Skysplitter Pattern Tactical Dreadnought Armour
Artifact, Heavy Armor

This massive suit of Terminator Armour is nigh-indestructible, and heavily resistant to psykers. It operates as Heavy Armor that requires a minimum Strength Score of 18 to wear without being slowed and grants AC 23. Anyone who dons the armor and has 12 Strength or less finds themselves completely unable to move properly, only able to waddle awkwardly at 5'. Furthermore, this armour grants resistance to all non-magical damage.

It also has inbuilt powerfields, capable of repelling sorcerous attacks. The wearer of this armor is immune to cantrips, as if affected by a smallGlobe Of Invulnerability. The wearer can use a bonus action to empower the fields, increasing the Globe's effects to work on spells of 1st level as well, or use their action to empower the fields to work on spells of 3rd level or lower.

The Stormlord's Claws
Artifact, Lightning Claws

These are a pair of powerfield equipped claws. They are Light and Finesse weapons that deal 2d8 slashing damage plus 1d8 lightning damage, and can work as a spellcasting focus. The save DC and to-hit rolls of any spell that deals in lightning or thunder is increased by 2 when using the claws as a focus. Finally, if such a spell is cast through them, the wielder may make a single attack as a bonus action with the claws.

These items are for Jbe's PC in this game (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?623970-II-And-XI-5E).

PhoenixPhyre
2020-12-15, 02:43 PM
Shouldn't most artifact rarity gear have quirks/personalities/etc?

Or should that be legendary instead? Or is that a system-rebuild change for this (WH40K) version of 5e?

JNAProductions
2020-12-15, 02:50 PM
Shouldn't most artifact rarity gear have quirks/personalities/etc?

Or should that be legendary instead? Or is that a system-rebuild change for this (WH40K) version of 5e?

They're wholly unique items, custom-built by and for a missing Primarch.

I could switch them down to Legendary, but Artifact feels more appropriate. That being said, I'll ask the player what they think of generating some quirks.

PhoenixPhyre
2020-12-15, 07:41 PM
They're wholly unique items, custom-built by and for a missing Primarch.

I could switch them down to Legendary, but Artifact feels more appropriate. That being said, I'll ask the player what they think of generating some quirks.

I might in that case just make a separate category: unique. Unlike artifacts which generally are intelligent and shape the world by themselves, this is just a one-off, special piece of gear.

But either way works.

JNAProductions
2020-12-15, 09:43 PM
I might in that case just make a separate category: unique. Unlike artifacts which generally are intelligent and shape the world by themselves, this is just a one-off, special piece of gear.

But either way works.

Fair enough. I do see your point.