PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What Organization/Affiliation Benefits Grant Caster Levels?

Endarire
2020-12-16, 03:28 AM
Greetings, all!

PF1e has no Practiced Spellcaster feat though one of its traits is effectively half of that. What I ask in this thread is the names of the affiliations or organizations as well as the abilities they provide that grant additional casting progression (spells known & per day and maybe more) as if you were a higher level caster.

Thankee!

Eldonauran
2020-12-16, 11:57 AM
Guild association with the Kintargo Opera House (and eventual becoming Guild Leader) grants ACTUAL spell casting increases (levels, not just casting level).

Endarire
2020-12-16, 11:22 PM
Thankee!

I thoroughly read this and learned that having enough fame with any spellcasting guild - including the Kintargo Opera House - gives Eclectic Training and Esoteric Training for make-up spellcaster character levels, but only for CL, spells known, and spells per day. Still wonderfully powerful and useful!

By RAW, can characters take 10 to succeed on entry exams and education checks?

Since each PP (prestige point) gained from leveling can be spent on tuition to negate the monetary cost of attendance, and Inner Sea Magic's Magic Schools chapter starting on page 18 says that characters should expect to gain 5 fame/FP and 5 PP per level, this means that getting these benefits seems automatic by level 2 for Eclectic and level 7 for Esoteric. Is this correct?

Where in this book or another is it clearly stated that a character can be simultaneously part of multiple organizations (academies, guilds, monasteries, etc.)?

Eldonauran
2020-12-17, 11:46 AM
You seem to have the right of it so far.

Where in this book or another is it clearly stated that a character can be simultaneously part of multiple organizations (academies, guilds, monasteries, etc.)?Except here. There is no 'clear' statement of this kind anywhere that I am aware of. Most of this material is optional and strictly under the purview of the GM. Much of this particular mechanic is tied directly into the setting and role play aspects of the game, so there cannot be clear mechanics for such a dynamic system as that.

Endarire
2020-12-18, 03:31 PM
@OP
Thankee! The multi-affiliation was assumed because there was apparently nothing in the rules to prevent it.