PDA

View Full Version : Wow...

Raiser Blade
2007-11-05, 08:46 PM
My mom totaled her car on the freeway today. I was in the front seat! :smalleek:

We were in stop and go traffic when some bastard rammed into us at full speed. He didn't even brake. Luckily noone was hurt. :smallsmile:

The whole trunk of my mom's van is crumpled and her back window shattered.

Anyways two life lessons learned today:

1. Never use your cell phone while driving on the freeway.
2. Always buckle up. It saved my life today and one day it could save yours. If i wasn't wearing a seatbelt I would have been flung through the windshield. :smalleek:

Ego Slayer
2007-11-05, 08:49 PM
1. Never use your cell phone while driving. on the freeway.
Fixed for ya. :smallwink:

Scary stuff. Glad you and your mom are okay! :smalleek:

Catch
2007-11-05, 08:52 PM
Good to see that you're okay. Make sure you keep an eye out for any neck pains as whiplash injuries sometimes can take a while to manifest.

PhoeKun
2007-11-05, 08:54 PM
Good to see that you're okay. Make sure you keep an eye out for any neck pains as whiplash injuries sometimes can take a while to manifest.

Seconded. Whiplash injuries can be really nasty, and are particularly difficult to avoid in the type of accident you were involved in.

FoE
2007-11-05, 08:54 PM
:smallfurious: SEAT BELTS SAVE LIVES, PEOPLE!! Trust me, I've been to plenty of car accidents as a photographer, and the majority of fatalities I've seen has always been the same story: one of the people in the front seats wasn't wearing his or her seat belt so they went flying out the windshield instead.

Glad to hear you're OK, Raiser. :smallsmile:

Em Blackleaf
2007-11-05, 08:59 PM
Wow. The worst car accident I've ever been in was a bumper, er... bump. :smallconfused:
Which I don't even think counts.

I'm glad to hear everyone's OK, I would be terrified! :smalleek:

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-11-05, 09:03 PM
My mom totaled her car on the freeway today. I was in the front seat! :smalleek:

We were in stop and go traffic when some batard rammed into us at full speed. He didn't even brake. Luckily noone was hurt. :smallsmile:

The whole trunk of my mom's van is crumpled and her back window shattered.

Anyways two life lessons learned today:

1. Never use your cell phone while driving on the freeway.
2. Always buckle up. It saved my life today and one day it could save yours. If i wasn't wearing a seatbelt I would have been flung through the windshield. :smalleek:
See? The power of "be well" works. It's like the Force, but takes a little more forethought. :smallsmile:

In fact, with that mentioned, you might wanna take a little ibuprofen when you go to bed. It'll help keep swelling down and reduce pain on the chance that you did land some whiplash. If you feel pain tomorrow, get thee to a doctor!

Meanwhile, "Use the Be Well, Luke!" :smallwink:

DarkLightDragon
2007-11-05, 09:04 PM
:smalleek:

Nice to see you're still here in one piece!

^: Bor the Barbarian Monk Simu-Ninja! :smalltongue:

Raiser Blade
2007-11-05, 09:05 PM

Yeah apparently the adrenaline will mask some injuries. I think i'm okay though. My mom seems to be suffering from some whiplash on her neck and back.

I was in another accident when i was six and i got a nasty seatbelt burn on my neck. I have a mild one this time but you can barely see it.

Also airbags aren't all that fun. :smallannoyed:

Sir *TIM!!!!!!*
2007-11-05, 09:12 PM
Amen on the seatbelt, I was in an accident a few years ago, and while it was relatively minor, my neck would have hit something it would not appreciate hitting at 50+ MPH if I had not been wearing one.

RandomNPC
2007-11-05, 09:20 PM
in my drivers-ed class we saw a video of worst case scenario for non-seatbelters. did you know theres about 70 some odd feet of intestines in the human body? when they say "officers followed a trail of guts to his top half" they meant a continuous trail. his top and bottom half were still kinda together.

i saw a highway pileup on the way to flordia once, it was a result of about 25-30 cars all following to closely, the one in front was suddenly stopped by something, resulting in that 25-30 car pileup.

yes, fortunately seatbelts are helpfull, and i will continue to use them untill i learn to fly. unfortunately right now humans can only fly in one direction, and it's not a pleasent one.

StickMan
2007-11-05, 09:25 PM
Thank goodness your OK I'm really not up for death in the playground threads. I wish people knew how to drive better seems like every time I go out anymore someone almost hits me (and no its not cause I'm a sucky driver).

Shades of Gray
2007-11-05, 09:37 PM
We had a long drive home. Everyone was tired. We were on a pretty big street. I was in the back seat, sleeping while leaning on the door. Someone crashes into us from the side that the door was on. Needless to say it was a rude awakening.:smallannoyed:

Raiser Blade
2007-11-05, 09:48 PM
Thank goodness your OK I'm really not up for death in the playground threads. I wish people knew how to drive better seems like every time I go out anymore someone almost hits me (and no its not cause I'm a sucky driver).

But if I died I don't think anyone would know...

I would just cease to log on.

Maybe I should leave a note in my room telling people to log on here and tell you guys if I ever die.

That way everybody could post saying "Who died now?". :smallbiggrin:

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-11-05, 10:19 PM

Maybe I should leave a note in my room telling people to log on here and tell you guys if I ever die.

Better yet, put it in your will. I would, if I actually had a will.

Midnight Son
2007-11-05, 10:21 PM
So glad to hear you're okay, Raiser.

I will (5th?) the wear seatbelts rule. I was wearing mine when I flipped my car at 80mph in 2001. When the car came down at the end, nothing that was loose was still in it. I only ended up with a small cut on my head, lacerations up my right arm(I think it went into the windshield. Why won't they allow racing belts? woulda saved my arm some blood), a small puncture wound to my leg, and some major seat belt bruises. That tells me that I was seriously flung about, but the belt saved my life. The Paramedic even told me later that, as she was approaching in the ambulance, she looked at the car and said to her driver, "DOA." Every time I tell that story I realize again what a lucky(or blessed) sumbitch I am.

Skippy
2007-11-06, 12:40 AM
I'm glad you're OK, Raiser (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8__vHs3xcR4)

And I agree that the seatbelts are awesome. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_25mVjKwcc)

Vaynor
2007-11-06, 01:32 AM

I'm going to put it in my will. :smallwink:

banjo1985
2007-11-06, 03:43 AM
Good to hear your not in bits Raiser, Trogdor's are made of strong stuff heh :smalltongue:

Closet_Skeleton
2007-11-06, 08:07 AM
1. Never use your cell phone while driving on the freeway. Don't be stupid
2. Always buckle up. It saved my life today and one day it could save yours. If i wasn't wearing a seatbelt I would have been flung through the windshield. :smalleek: Be smart

Fixed without any respect or empathy

Trog
2007-11-06, 09:13 AM
:smalleek: Dude. Whoa. Glad you are okay and in one piece. Who else would we turn to when the countryside needs burninininin... burninnni... er... fire.

Om
2007-11-06, 03:46 PM
We were in stop and go traffic when some bastard rammed into us at full speed. He didn't even brake.If he went into the back of you then he is at fault. No exceptions.

smellie_hippie
2007-11-06, 03:52 PM
Glad you're OK Raiser.

Raiser Blade
2007-11-06, 04:08 PM
If he went into the back of you then he is at fault. No exceptions.

Yup, the cop said that there was no way he (the other driver) was getting out of this one.

Thanks to everyone for your kindness.

Also *glee* i just found out that i get some money. I can't use it til' i'm 18 though but still were talking in the thousands here (probably 2-3 thousand dollars). :smallbiggrin:

I never used to really care about seatbelts that much but now I will always use one. Near death experiences have a way of changng your perspective. :smalleek: