PDA

View Full Version : Movies RIP Boba Fett.

tomandtish
2020-12-17, 05:08 PM
Jeremy Bulloch, AKA Boba Fett, died today from health complication probably related to his Parkinson's disease. Thus passes the first and greatest Mandalorian.

Magic_Hat
2020-12-17, 05:15 PM
In memoriam to this, may I request a remix of M.C. Chris's Fett's Vett but a funeral version of the song?

Dire_Flumph
2020-12-17, 06:01 PM
It would be appropriate for an In Memorandum on tomorrows season finale of "The Mandalorian", hope they can make that happen.

Rest in Peace Boba Fett. Another icon of the Original Trilogy passes away.

Peelee
2020-12-17, 08:04 PM
NOOOOOO!

Fun memorial fact. Most major players of Star Wars movies are honorary 501st members, which just means the 501st presents them with a certificate. Jeremy Bulloch was not an honorary member. Jeremy Bulloch was a full-fledged member. Which meant he made his own screen-accurate armor and actively participated in events in the UK Garrison. Jeremy Bulloch's costume, of course, was Boba Fett - notoriously one of the most difficult and expensive costumes to make.

Rest in peace, you magnificent man.

LibraryOgre
2020-12-17, 08:18 PM
For Mandalore!

JoshL
2020-12-17, 08:23 PM
In memoriam to this, may I request a remix of M.C. Chris's Fett's Vett but a funeral version of the song?

So as it happens, I had Chopin's "Funeral March" in MIDI format handy (I used a reversed phrase from it in a song based on Bradbury's "Something Wicked This Way Comes"). I also happen to have a lot of mc chris acapella files for a project I never got around to. I ALSO happen to have a terrible sense of humor and a spare hour.

I was thinking that I would chop up and arrange the Chopin piece, make it like a real remix, and throw down a beat on top of it. Maybe I'll still do that, but just putting chris on top of the piece as is, with the classical ebb and flow of the structure kind of worked out REALLY well. I trimmed out a section near the end, just to finish on the main recognizable riff, but otherwise, it is as-is, lead line on an organ and bass on a piano.

Apologies to everyone involved, and I'm literally laughing out loud right now. RIP Mr Bulloch

https://soundcloud.com/ditl-acoustic/fetts-funeral-chopin-mix

Asmotherion
2020-12-17, 08:25 PM
Rest in Peace. :(

Dire_Flumph
2020-12-17, 08:29 PM
Apologies to everyone involved, and I'm literally laughing out loud right now. RIP Mr Bulloch

https://soundcloud.com/ditl-acoustic/fetts-funeral-chopin-mix

I cannot fully express how much this brightened my day. Thank you.

HandofShadows
2020-12-18, 05:02 AM
R.I.P. Sir. :smallfrown:

Ramza00
2020-12-18, 01:38 PM
It would be appropriate for an In Memorandum on tomorrows season finale of "The Mandalorian", hope they can make that happen.

Rest in Peace Boba Fett. Another icon of the Original Trilogy passes away.

I am not a watcher of The Mandalorian, but based on the twitter, actors may die but franchises never die if it makes someone money.

I say this for the end credits of The Mandalorian announced a new Star War Project that was not announced at Disney Investor Day.'The Book Of Boba Fett’ New Disney Plus ‘Star Wars’ Series Launching December 2021

Here is the scene (if you do not recognize this, this is Jabba's old palace, and one of the 3 characters was in ROTJ beside Boba.)

https://youtu.be/2rgpGHtdc90

-----

I hope the actor Jeremy Bulloch finds peace in whatever lays beyond this mortal realm. Likewise I hope people still speak the name Jeremy Bulloch in their hearts and their breaths and not just a stage performance that introduced him to the minds of people.

Antediluvian
2021-01-17, 11:11 AM
Sad news indeed.