PDA

View Full Version : D&D PC Build based off of Nox from Wakfu?

richardbob123
2020-12-18, 01:58 PM
Was wondering how I could make a PC build of Nox from Wakfu, since I was curious. I saw an old post about Nox as a BBEG, but not as a PC itself. He has sort of Monk vibes to him, but Monk isn't much of a spellcaster seeing as Nox appears to be one as well. A breakdown for multiclassing would help.

Silavor
2020-12-18, 02:30 PM
Lore-wise he's very clearly an Artificer, but honestly? Mechanically? Most of his abilities can easily be covered by going straight Wizard and reflavouring spells. His minor time stops are just Hold Person/Monster, complete with the 'make your Wis save and break free' effect. Haste/Slow and eventually actual Time Stop cover the more advanced chronomancy techniques. Levitate/Fly covers his hovering abilities. The small mechanical minions he summons from his home base is literally just Animate Objects with cool and unique flavour. Admittedly his swordfighting skills and physical durability are a little hard to justify as a pure wizard, unless you maybe use Bladesinger as your sub-class?

But yeah, gut-instinct first pass is that he's maybe a Bladesinger Wizard being manipulated by a sentient, malevolent Artifact-tier magic item he found on his first adventure.

Unoriginal
2020-12-18, 02:43 PM
Was wondering how I could make a PC build of Nox from Wakfu, since I was curious. I saw an old post about Nox as a BBEG, but not as a PC itself. He has sort of Monk vibes to him, but Monk isn't much of a spellcaster seeing as Nox appears to be one as well. A breakdown for multiclassing would help.

Clockwork Sorcerer could work, on top of what Silavor said.