PDA

View Full Version : Jakarta group, Holiday Pregame.

jakarta
2020-12-18, 09:39 PM
Chapter 1: Not so silent night.

Preludes and Pleasantries.

It is nearly Winter Solstice and Bayport is all decorated in green and red. The snow strewn streets are a bit quieter than in Summer, but those who are about all seem to have purpose: shopping, decorating, hauling firewood, rehearsing for pageants and carols. The air smells of pine and spice from the trees and baking, and last night the bay was aglow with the refection of the gay lights of the town, including the giant fir tree that is now in the market square.

As travelers passing though the town, you have enjoyed the festivities, and now you sit at Camille's Cafe and Confections sipping on spiced cider and waiting for a tray of Gingerbread bread men to cool.

The cafe is an indoor/outdoor affair with hinged windows that are open in warm weather, but are closed tonight. There are a couple of tables indoors, but you are all in the sidewalk seating area enjoying the view looking down on the decorated lights of the city and the full moon rising over the harbor. Snatches of music are carried by the breeze and you have make out a few lyrics and bars of traditional winterfest songs. Between your warm clothes, steaming mugs, and the pair of braziers on either side of the tables, you are comfortable despite the snow covered ground. The snow fell earlier in late afternoon, but the sky is now crystal clear.

The graying, 40 something Camille says that the latest batch of cookies will be cool enough to eat in about 10 minutes, 15 if you want them decorated. Would you like anything else in the mean time?

Menu: Spiced apple cider
Star shaped sugar cookies.
Hot coco
Coffee: black, pumpkin spiced, or mocha.
Plumb pudding
Pumpkin and sweetcorn stew.

[characters may now introduce themselves and chitchat.]

Troubled Talon
2020-12-18, 09:59 PM
There I am, still shaken from the fight I had 15 minutes ago. I just killed one of the men responsible for the attack on my village. My whole family perished that day, I was left for dead.
They thought they had finished the job, but I didn't die... the goddess Artemis had other plans for me, it wasn't my time yet.
A farmer found me, raised me, taught me how to hunt, how to survive... he eventually passed away of old age.
Now I'm on a mission, I want revenge.

I don't trust people easily, I'd rather be alone on my own.

People look at me and see a beautiful woman, they think I'm human, but I'm not. I'm an elf of the tribe of the Blackbloods, probably the last of my kind. I cut the tips of my ears off to disguise myself as I could still be hunted by the men who had destroyed my village.
But I will get to them, one by one.

I was lucky, almost got killed... blood is dropping from my hand. It isn't mine though.

Now, I'm secretly looking around, ready to leave this cafe anytime. One could have spotted me. But it seems nobody witnessed anything.
I'm slowly getting more comfortable... maybe I should order some food? I feel exhausted.

Troubled Talon
2020-12-19, 12:01 AM
Info on the guy I killed:

I went to a tavern following a lead that I might find one of my family's murderers there.

As I opened the door the tavern, a cloud consisting of cigarette smoke and a strong scent of alcohol briefly blinded me.
Adjusting to the environment, I went to the counter. The bar keeper looked at me like I didn't belong here. He was right, I didn't!
I ordered something called "throat cleanser", a drink popular among the clientele of this establishment.

It didn't take long to finally find for what I came.
There he was, 6ft tall, a man that looked like he embraced war.
I remember his face, he was the one burning our house down. He had fewer scars back then, but it was definitely him. I will never forget that diabolical grin.

I overheard a conversation of him and another shady character, business talks. Wonder what "business" he was referring to. Then, he stood up, said he had to meet someone else.
I quickly paid for my untouched drink and followed him.

I followed him into a dark alley where I lost him. Where did he go, he was just there?

A sound behind me alerted me just quickly enough to make the sword miss, that, if I hadn't dodged it, would've killed me instantly.

"And who might you be?", he asked with a smirk.

I showed him my scarred ear replying "You didn't kill us all!"

"**** me, if that isn't a blackblood. I guess I'll have to finish my job now."

I should've known this wouldn't be a fair fight. The basket he tossed at me caught me off guard, I nearly avoided falling to the ground.
Keeping my balance and drawing my sword were just too many tasks at once, he clearly had the upper hand. It was a miracle that I managed to evade each of his blows although the last one was pretty close to finishing me off for good.

He grabbed me by my throat, squeezing so hard that I was about to black out.

"Any last words?", he triumphantly uttered.

I looked him in the eyes, my blood started boiling. Spitting in his face gave me the second I needed to reach for my dagger, which found its way into his throat instantly.
That war-experienced mercenary suddenly started chocking, his hand let me go, his eyes went wide as he suddenly realized he wouldn't make it out of this alley alive.

As I pulled out my knife, a jet of blood emitted from the hole in his throat, turning my hand red. He dropped like a sack of grain. I looked him in his eyes which were now void of life.

I don't know how many times I stabbed that lifeless body afterwards, but it took me a while to gain control over myself.

Leaving him in the dark alley for the dogs to dispose of, I wandered around avoiding big crowds of people.

Not sure if I got sloppy or careless along the way, but now I'm sitting in a cafe not knowing where to go from here.

Mystic_Sonja
2020-12-19, 10:03 AM
The graying, 40 something Camille says that the latest batch of cookies will be cool enough to eat in about 10 minutes, 15 if you want them decorated. Would you like anything else in the mean time?

Menu: Spiced apple cider
Star shaped sugar cookies.
Hot coco
Coffee: black, pumpkin spiced, or mocha.
Plum pudding
Pumpkin and sweetcorn stew.

[characters may now introduce themselves and chitchat.]

Sonja had been distracted for a moment now, pondering the tea leaves at the bottom of the cup of tea she had been drinking for the last little while. What could they possibly be saying? Were they trying to explain how she had gotten whisked away to this place?

Of course, she knew the answer to those questions. There was no need for divination either, in that case. The will of the Mists and their purposes are inscrutable, but certainly they will for her to be here. She had been… ‘here’ for some time now. At first she wondered how it was possible that, wherever she was, forms of High and Low Mordentish were the language of the land. Or perhaps languages are constants that extend into the planes? Or maybe the Mists are to blame for that one also...

Her attention was brought back to the world of the immediate by the proprietor of the establishment. She had only half-heard what the woman had said, but she understood she was asked if she wanted anything else.

She asked for some black coffee and settled on the pudding. She handed the cup back to the older woman, and her attention wandered again, turning to the other people populating the sidewalk. Locals, most of them, judging from their clothing. There were a few exceptions however. That elf over there, for example, seemed slightly out of place... she also seemed rather tense, and kept looking in the distance as if on the lookout for unpleasant surprises.

The wait was short, but Camille runs a tight house. Bringing the mug of coffee a bit closer, she reached into one of the pouches along her sash and produced a pinch Devil’s Tears extract, a plant native to her native demiplane. The familiar taste evoked images of her home on the Demiplane of Dread, and was a bittersweet comfort for the planar wanderer.

jakarta
2020-12-19, 11:48 PM
The city seems united in a competition of rival festivals. Various decorations and banners proclaim welcome to various winter and solstice events, with shop keepers settling on generic "Happy Holidays". Winterfest and Wassalia and Saturnalia, along with St. Nicholas Day seem to be the most popular.

Amongst the tinsel, snowmen, and star ornaments are handbills pasted to walls announcing the tree lighting in the Princess Plaza tonight, and the calls of criers announcing the same are mixed with the drifting songs of practicing choirs and the off key chants of playing children.

Serving as the centerpieces of the tables at the cafe are exotic looking potted plants with red flowers (roll knowledge nature or herbalism) . An armored dwarf of the type that looks like he never takes off his armor is munching on cookies and seems quite absorbed by it.

Camille approaches the her newish customer, who has been sitting quietly for a while now.

""Hello Dear, Would you like some cider to warm ya?" (to Talon. What are you actually calling the character?)

Spot check

[roll0]

Luck check (high is good) : [roll1]

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61pgse3Hx8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Troubled Talon
2020-12-20, 12:35 AM
"Cider sounds lovely, thanks."

As Camille heads back to the kitchen to fetch my drink, I take a glimpse at the other customers.

Nothing out of the ordinary, some people are talking, a dwarf is eating cookies, a gypsy is enjoying what appears to be tea... wait, is that gypsy looking at me?

"No, she isn't, you're being paranoid.", I quietly say to myself.

I contemplate leaving but ultimately decide to stay. After all, I'm really longing for some cider.

Mystic_Sonja
2020-12-20, 01:59 AM
Spot check
[roll0]

jakarta
2020-12-20, 04:04 AM
Camille returns momentarily with the cider and a plate bearing a ginger bread man with a missing arm.
"Here's a sample Dear, let me know if you'd like to order any."

She steps over and deposited a platter of cookies in front of the dwarf, before returning to the kitchen.

Mystic_Sonja
2020-12-21, 09:19 AM
Lothaire is a good bird, Lothaire thought to himself. Lothaire willl make the mistress happy!

Lothaire, a raven, had been sent on a reconnaissance mission to scout the city and report on any sighting of interest, and boy did he have the goods! He was headed post-haste back to Camille's to make his report. Maybe Lothaire even gets table scraps this time!

Lothaire landed gracefully by Sonja's side, on the table. He seemed particularly excited by what he had to say.

"Welcome back Lothaire. Anything to report?" she asked.

Mystic_Sonja
2020-12-21, 09:22 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

jakarta
2020-12-21, 09:30 AM
The bird reports lots of shiny things and dropped popped corn for the taking. He has tangles of tinsil in his feathers.

Mystic_Sonja
2020-12-21, 10:54 AM
"I don't know what I was expecting, really", Sonja whispered under her breath, picking tinsel from the bird's plumage. She then motioned for the bird to help itself to the rest of the pudding, if it so cared.

She had been in Bayport for a few days now, and had decided she kind of liked the place. People seemed friendly and in good cheers. Perhaps the coming celebrations had something to do with it....but be that as it may, she still had no idea why the Mists had taken off her course and directed her here. Perhaps it was a whim, and there was actually no reason at all. Perhaps a tarokka reading would help her make sense of all this, she figured...

Tarokka. Perhaps she would set up shop in the town square later this evening. Her Dementlieuse solars were of little use here, and she was running out of local currency again.

Feeling she had no further business at Camille's fine establishment, she placed a few coins on the table and made to leave... but there is nothing like a captive audience for a little publicity.

In a dramatic display, she opened her arms wide. She then violently jerked her head back and rolled her eyes. "I can feel... the hand of destiny... upon some of you" she said, in a practiced tone. She then leveled her head to meet the gaze of anyone looking at her, reading potential marks.

[spoiler]
Crowd reading
Profession: fortune teller
[roll0]

Troubled Talon
2020-12-21, 11:24 AM
The cider is really good and this gingerbread man is even better. I think I'm gonna order some more.

My inner voice tells me that I'm not out of the woods yet and that I should remain vigilant, but I can't help myself; for a moment I feel like all the pressure, all the fear, my thirst for revenge are gone.

Camille takes my order and promises to be quick. I'm in no rush, but I really appreciate the service.

That gypsy woman is about to leave... but what is she doing?

Bluff [roll0]
Sense motive [roll1]

jakarta
2020-12-21, 11:29 AM
Talon manages to stifle any emotional slip as the gypsy makes her pronouncement....oh, that old 'reader' destiny con... Seen it before.

Mystic_Sonja
2020-12-21, 12:16 PM
With an impish grin, she singles out a lady on a romantic date. "How happy you seem, my girl... but did he tell you about his wife?"

"You sir, should be ashamed of yourself! Abusing medicines is a terrible idea, and you know it."

"Honey, dump that loser, you deserve better than that sack of ****. No one should treat you like that."

"If I were you, I would watch my back going home tonight... "

"I can say these things at a bare glance, now imagine what I can do with a TRUE reading." She said with a devious smile. "Find me if you dare, tonight in the town square. You have an appointment with your future!"

jakarta
2020-12-22, 05:59 AM
Scene 1: Cafes and Cookies

[Play style note: Please note that even if combat has started, non-combat and non-lethal solutions may still be possible.]

The town has been completely safe for the time you have been visiting. The upcoming holiday is one of good cheer and charity.

Right now the streets are quiet and the full moon is rising over the bay. Soon the bells will be tolling 8, and temple skits and concerts will begin, carolers will fill the streets, and younger children will be put to bed.

A few people stroll by on the streets, but you are the only customers at the cafe.

The town is decorated with colorful lights, wreaths, snowmen, ornamented trees.....

The cookies cool enough to eat, and Camille brings your order to the table while offering to fill your mugs with hot cocoa next.

As the bells begin to ring a full moon rises over the water of the bay. The ground is covered by the earlier afternoon snowfall, but now the sky is bright starred and clear, the only weather the occasional breeze carrying the tunes of holiday songs.

Suddenly, just as the moon clears the water, a bright light appears in the sky, trailing sparkles behind it, and zooms into the bakery!

For a moment, you see a small winged person – a fairy! – pause in the doorway to the shop and giggle. She gives you a deep curtsy, and then dances up the street, trailing her sparkles behind her. After a few yards, she takes off like a shot, ricocheting across the city towards the main market and court squares, spewing a trail of magical motes behind her, and cries of wonderment and confusion from the townsfolk. You can't make out the exact point of impact form the distance and interposing roof tops, chimneys, and steeples, but apparently there was some sort of "impact" as a circular wave of pink and purple energy ripples though the city carrying a cinnamon and nutmeg scented wind that passes though you with the energy wave, blowing open many doors along the streets. You blink to clear the stars from your eyes after it passes as you hear a mix of screams and laughter from the city. Somehow the caroling seems even louder now, an almost omnipresent medley, but at a faster rhythm and higher pitch than before.... almost frantic manic.

-------
Knowledge checks. Folklore, Local, Nature, Arcane/Magic, Planes (trained only, roll one for each skill you have)

Spellcraft check. (trained only)

Fort and Will saves. (roll for the raven too)

And does anyone have any products made from a animal on you?

------------------
DWARF:
Fort save [roll0]
Will Save [roll1]

Camille:
Fort Save [roll2]
Will Save [roll3]

???
Fort Save [roll4]
Will Save [roll5]
(I'll add in the mods as needed)

Mystic_Sonja
2020-12-22, 09:31 AM
Sonja

Planes
[roll0]

Fort
[roll1]

Will
[roll2]

--------------

Lothaire

Fort
[roll3]

Will
[roll4]

Troubled Talon
2020-12-22, 10:02 AM
Nature [roll0]
Fort [roll1]
Will [roll2]

And does anyone have any products made from a animal on you?
I'm wearing leather armor

jakarta
2020-12-22, 12:17 PM
The wave of purple energy passes through all of you leaving drifting motes of pink. You feel a momentary urge to laugh as several shouts of "Happy Birthday!" echo though the city, followed closely by giggles and hearty laughter and screams of fright.

---
Sonja ...
Fights off the urge to continue laughing, as does her bird.
The bird doesn't consider suddenly having an extra set of wings - glowing pink butterfly wings - a laughing matter. Flopping around the air trying to relearn to fly without crashing isn't funny! (he, or is it she? will figure it out in a minute). The two tiny humanoid arms that were just sprouted aren't helping with balance (Yet)

Sonja recalls several stories of fey from other planes being drawn to astrological events such as solstices and full moons. The occasions when these appear are often accompanied by chaos magic.

---
Talon doesn't have a clue what is going on.
She resits the urge to continue laughing.
And may think that suddenly having horns, a tail, and ...really? 4 nipples on each boob? Really, what the MOOOO!. ( can still speak, but with random MOOs inserted)

-----
The Dwarf at the middle table laughs and giggles like a school child at a puppet show. He cant seem to stop.

The bag at his rips and distends, revealing a wolverine like creature who quickly grows into a halfling sized bipedal furry creature, who then grows antlers in seconds.

It, and the dwarf look at each other in shock, then both burst out in laughter while slapping each other on the shoulders like old friends.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c4/Taz-Looney_Tunes.svg/1200px-Taz-Looney_Tunes.svg.png

---

The poinsettias at the tables suddenly seem amused but non-hostile, and begin sipping from unattended mugs and nibbling on cookies.

Some of the cookies flee rather than be eaten! Each yelling in their high pitched and almost sickeningly sweet voices "Can't catch me! I'm the GingerBread Man!" while springing from the tables and dashing off though the snow. A couple start arguing about which is the 'real' gingerbread man, but are cut off as the smartest among them shouts "We'er all gingerbread men! They've got MILK! Book it!". They all take off at high speed towards the bay.

Across the street, 2 decorated trees, each about 6 ft tall amble into the street. From one tree some furry shapes tumble onto the on the sidewalk. The 3 small rodents help each other up and begin signing a high pitched and off key rendition of "O Tannenbaum"

Inside the cafe, there is a wet crash and Camille cries "Help me! Help! Help!"

Troubled Talon
2020-12-23, 01:28 AM
"What mooo sorcery is this?", I yell at myself. Has the gypsy been causing all of this?

Before I can manifest my thoughts, I hear a scream from the kitchen. I draw my sword, still blinded and confused by what's going on around me and make my way through the chaos towards the call for help.

jakarta
2020-12-23, 02:07 AM
The cafe has an open floorplan with the kitchen area visible behind the counter...

Closest to the door along the back of the kitchen (on the left) ,There is a contraption venting stream and squirting dark liquid and foam. A rapidly enlarging puddle 8s on the floor below it. On the far right is an open oven. Camille stands before it fending off 6 blackened gingerbread men with a large mixing spoon. The tiny overcooked men are swinging oversized candy canes, trying to back Camille into the oven.

"Bin use will you? We're as scorched as you made us! Where are our gum drop buttons? Let's see how you like being in the oven too long!"

(No battle map, just say what you intend to do and I'll tell you what checks to make)

Troubled Talon
2020-12-23, 01:48 PM
I decide to pick up some foam and soak it in the dark liquid and subsequently throw it at the gingerbread man closest to Camille.

jakarta
2020-12-23, 02:36 PM
One point non lethal damage from scalding your hand with the steaming hot coffee , which just washes the milk foam out if your hand.

"Careful Tutts, milk is dangerous!" comments the gingersinged man closest.

A second turns to look. His mouth forms a large O in shock. In horror he screams "IT'S A COW!!!"

All but one turn to face Talon, whose transformation continues, her ears lengthening to bovine proportions.

---
Roll initiative

Gingers facing Talon (range 10 ft from Talon)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Ginger facing Camille (range 15 ft from Talon)
[roll5]

Camille
[roll6]

Conditions : Talon is standing in a coffee puddle. DC 12 Balance check if she moves to avoid falling prone.

----

Outside, the rodents (know nature check to identify) continue singing on the far sidewalk. The two trees (know nature) in the street begin to shimmy and hop in a kind of dance.

One lobs a golden golden ball ornament towards the tables...

Ka-BANG!!

Detonating as it hit the railing enclosing the out door tables, it spreads golden glass shrapnel in a 5 ft burst, some of it hitting the dwarf and his pet (know nature) (1 point dam each). The screaming head of an unlucky gingerman rolls down the street, and wounded poinsettias take cover under the tables.

Roll initiative.

Tamman bomber L (range 35 ft from Sonja and the dwarf. 20 ft from each other)

[roll7]

Tamman bomber R (same range)
[roll8]

Dwarf [roll9]

Tax [roll10]

---
Event countdown timer
[roll11]

Troubled Talon
2020-12-23, 10:36 PM
Balance [roll0]

Nature rodents [roll1]
Nature trees [roll2]

jakarta
2020-12-24, 12:41 AM
You only need the balance check if you move (take one or more steps). We'll say you don't need to worry about it for your next movement.

They are the local species of chipmunks.

Talon thinks the trees are artificial. (Nat 1 means incorrect belief)

Roll initiative (d20 + Dex bonus) to determine how many gingerscorched go before Talon.

Troubled Talon
2020-12-24, 01:30 AM
I decide to get out of the puddle... my boots are expensive 🤣

Roll initiative [roll0]

jakarta
2020-12-24, 02:01 AM
Talon is faster than the cookies.

Note: if she wants to use her bow she wants to step BACK out of the puddle, 5 ft further from the gingerbread men, putting them at a range of 15 ft. For the short distance she us moving, she can move and then still loose an arrow.

There are penalties for frying to use a bow at 5 ft distance.
A step is 5 ft.

If she wants to use a sword or other melee weapon, then she wants to step Forward to be within reach of the gingerbread men. She can step forward, draw a weapon and attack 8n one round.

Talon won initiative, so she goes first.

State direction of movement and make an attack roll.

Troubled Talon
2020-12-24, 03:22 AM
I move a step forward and take a swing at the first gingerbread man.

"Eat coal, you hideous pastry!"

1d20+5

Troubled Talon
2020-12-24, 05:23 AM
Re-rolled, previous post didn't accept the edit

[roll0]

jakarta
2020-12-24, 05:23 AM
The one Talon attacks tries to evade (I cribbed these from a different system that uses defense rolls). 1d20+2d6

jakarta
2020-12-24, 05:24 AM
[roll0] + [roll1]

jakarta
2020-12-24, 05:32 AM
Talon misses.

One tries to run by her to get into flanking. (provoking an Attack of Opportunity (AoO). Make an attack roll.)

Defense roll against the AoO.
[roll0] + [roll1]

Troubled Talon
2020-12-24, 05:49 AM
*switching to 3rd person narrative now*

One of the gingerbread men breaks formation and tries to outflank Talon, but there is one force he hasn't reckoned with; her sword.

Talons looks over her shoulder, and swiftly lets her blade answer.

[roll0]

jakarta
2020-12-24, 08:28 AM
Talon misses the deft little cookie.

It retorts "Tee Hee, You can't hit me I'm the GingerBreadMA AAAAAAAAAAWAWAAWAWAW!!! OH it BUrNNnnnnnsnasfee"

His anguished scream cuts off... He is now a dissipating mass in the puddle of hot coffee and cream he ran into...

"Oh NOS! RON!" cries one.

"WE'LL Avenge him Ginny" says a second.

"Wait...We have names?" questions a third.

"Quit being a dumba$s, Fred", says the one who is obviously George.

Meanwhile, Camile and Percy Gingerbreadman have been fighting it out by the oven

Camille tries to bash with her long handled mixing spoon.
, Dam [roll]1d6-

Defense roll [roll1] + [roll2]

---
If he is still able, Percy attacks:
[roll3] + [roll4]. Crit? [roll5] + [roll6], Dam [roll7]

---

Meanwhile, the other 4 attack Talon.
There is a spatial distortion effect, when they swing their peppermint clubs they enlarge until formidable weapons.

Ginny
[roll8] + [roll9]. Crit? [roll10] + [roll11], Dam [roll12]

Fred
[roll13] + [roll14]. Crit? [roll15] + [roll16], Dam [roll17]

George
[roll18] + [roll19]. Crit? [roll20] + [roll21], Dam [roll22]

Bill
[roll23] + [roll24]. Crit? [roll25] + [roll26], Dam [roll27]

jakarta
2020-12-24, 08:32 AM
Reroll damage for Camille, who hit Percy.
[roll0]

Edit: Camille bashes Percy into crumbs.
---
Two hit Talon for a total of 5 points.

Troubled Talon
2020-12-24, 08:59 AM
"We could need a little bit of help in here!", Talon screams in hope for anyone to hear.

The dwarf and gypsy, if they haven't run away yet, should hear her plea.

The gingerbread men keep meandering around Talon, avoiding the deadly blows from her blade.

The elf takes a few steps back to ensure her only way out isn't blocked. She watches her enemies closely, waiting for another opportunity to strike and hopefully not miss this time.

jakarta
2020-12-24, 09:04 AM
The cowelf steps back into the coffee puddle...

Roll balance check.

Troubled Talon
2020-12-24, 09:16 AM
Talon knew this wasn't her day when she woke up this morning.
First, she barely survived a fight in a dark alley, and now this! Standing in a puddle of coffee while fending off overcooked Christmas food.

[roll0]

jakarta
2020-12-24, 09:42 AM
(Gm looks at Chris . "You took a few steps back; what are you swinging at? The cookies aren't in range any more, and aren't following through the coffee puddle.)

jakarta
2020-12-24, 09:45 AM
Oh, never mind. That was a natural 1 on your balance check.

You slip and fall flat on your back in the steaming puddle of coffee.

1 point scalding damage.

jakarta
2020-12-24, 09:56 AM
The cookies all pause at the elf's predicament, worrying about getting too close to the dissolving liquid.

"Is she done for?" Asks Ginny...

Ass the others lean in to assess, the forgotten Camille strikes Fred from behind...

[roll0], dam [roll1]

jakarta
2020-12-24, 09:58 AM
Fred's crumbs scatter across the room.

Troubled Talon
2020-12-24, 10:16 AM
Humiliated by a bunch of walking cookies!

Talon decides to call it a day and disengages. She crawls out of the pool and towards the door.

jakarta
2020-12-24, 10:35 AM
Camille gracelessly climbs over the counter and heads out the back door of the cafe.

"Kiss our scorched black backsides" taunt the cookies.

Mystic_Sonja
2020-12-24, 10:36 AM
Initiative
[roll0]

With a flick of her wrist, a dagger springs forth from a sheath hidden in her sleeve, and falls into Sonja's hand.

Mystic_Sonja
2020-12-24, 10:58 AM
After looking looking around for something to use, Sonja's eyes settle on the oil lamps that have been used to illuminate the exterior dining area. Under the sustained fire of the sylvan foes, she made her advance towards the first of the oil lamps, staying crouched behind tables as she did.

jakarta
2020-12-24, 11:00 AM
The trees are merry and bright, so bright it is hard to look at them.

The second lobs an ornament bomb at Sonja.

[roll0] + [roll1], crit? [roll2] + [roll3], dam [roll4], splash 1 on a nonfumble miss.

The trees don't move.

Sonja's turn.

jakarta
2020-12-24, 11:07 AM
Sonja hit for 5 slashing.

She moves for the Lamp.

Dwarf double moves towards the tree bulling a battleaxe from somewhere. He will be in melee next round.

Tax is faster, spinning towards the right tree.

bite [roll0], dam [roll1]

Tree defense [roll2] +[roll3]

Mystic_Sonja
2020-12-24, 11:14 AM
Grabs the lamp, and makes her move towards the trees, remaining behind cover as much as possible.

jakarta
2020-12-24, 11:14 AM
Tax bites the tree in half.

spot check for people out doors.

dwarf spot [roll0]

---

Next round.

Remaining tree lobs a bomb at the dwarf.

[roll1] +[roll2], crit [roll3] +[roll4], dam [roll5]

Sonja's turn.

jakarta
2020-12-24, 11:15 AM
1 point to the dwarf.

Mystic_Sonja
2020-12-24, 11:21 AM
Spot first
[roll0]

Mystic_Sonja
2020-12-24, 11:22 AM
Move action, closing in to reduce the distance and throws lamp at the foot of the intact tree to create a larger burn area in case a throw might miss the trunk itself.

[roll0]

that should say 13. I have +4

jakarta
2020-12-24, 11:29 AM
The tree is on fire...and all of it's ornaments detonate at once...

Reflex save for half of [roll0]

Dwarf [roll1]

Tax [roll2]

The Dwarf looks a Sonja. "I say you got it Lassie!"

The first tree dropped something.

Mystic_Sonja
2020-12-24, 11:33 AM
Gaaaaaah!

[roll0]

jakarta
2020-12-24, 11:38 AM
The gypsy takes full damage, the others half.

Talon steps out of the cafe dripping.

The singing in the immediate are has stopped as the chipmunks have been chipped.

Mystic_Sonja
2020-12-24, 11:45 AM
(inspects the tree to see if there is anything to be found)

jakarta
2020-12-24, 12:07 PM
There is pile of colorful boxes, the contents of which are spilled out. They have labels.

4 pairs of brightly colored wool socks.
4 potion of cure moderate wounds.
a magic boomerang (Mine! shouts the dwarf)

====
Smouldering Shortbow of the Repeater

Weapon attacks deal +1d8 fire damage.
When you take the Attack action, you can make an additional attack with disadvantage *(roll twice, take the worse roll) (weapon is magical +0)

----
Slowing Electric Glaive of the Green Dragon (magical +0)

Gain resistance to poison damage (roll damage twice, take lower)

When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, the creature must make a DC 10 Constitution/fort saving throw or have its movement speed reduced by half until the end of their next turn. Once a creature is the target of this attack, whether it succeeds or not on the saving throw, it has advantage (roll twice take better)to on any future Constitution saving throws vs this effect within the next 24 hours.
Anytime you deal lightning damage, the amount of lightning damage dealt is increased by +1d10. (any lightening damage you cause, including that from spells while holding the glaive)

---
Small Vial of Perfume (25 gp), Painted Glass Miniature (of a Castle) (25 gp), Painted Glass Jar (25 gp), Brass Cloth Choker (25 gp), Feathered Hunter's Cap (25 gp), Leather Boots (25 gp),

---
+1 Rod of the Pact Keeper (uncommon, dmg 197),While holding this rod, you gain a +1 bonus to spell attack rolls and to the saving throw DCs of your spells.
---
Boots of the Winterlands (uncommon, dmg 156), Wand of Web (fully charged)(uncommon, dmg 212), +1 Weapon (shortsword)

quiver of 10 silver arrows.

---
Merry Christmas.

Troubled Talon
2020-12-24, 12:23 PM
Talon can still hear the gingerbread men taunting her. She walks out of the cafe... her clothes are soaked in coffee, her head hurts.

She treats her wounds with a bandage, she just had her rear end handed to her by those little bastards.

Talon looks at the slain trees.
"Pretty impressive.", she says to the gypsy.