PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Magic Items for 12th level Celestial Warlock

MrSol
2020-12-19, 04:05 PM
Hi all! So I will be playing a level 12 celestial warlock allrounder in an upcoming one shot. The other two player picked Bard and Wizard respectively. It's a magic heavy setting and our characters are supposed to be seasoned explorers already so our DM granted us each one uncommon and one rare magic item of our choosing. What would your recommendations be?

Kane0
2020-12-19, 05:06 PM
Rings always have some nice options like x-ray vision and spell storing, and winged boots is a great uncommon.
Other than that, a good staff or something specific to party needs like a helm of telepathy/teleportation or elemental bowl/brazier/censer/stone

CheddarChampion
2020-12-19, 05:17 PM
Rod of the Pact Keeper +1 or +2 will make all your spells more potent. You could get a spell save DC of 19 with the Rod+2! That'll pay off pretty well for spells like Hold Person or Slow.

Unoriginal
2020-12-19, 06:11 PM
Hi all! So I will be playing a level 12 celestial warlock allrounder in an upcoming one shot. The other two player picked Bard and Wizard respectively. It's a magic heavy setting and our characters are supposed to be seasoned explorers already so our DM granted us each one uncommon and one rare magic item of our choosing. What would your recommendations be?

If you've picked Pact of the Blade I'd recommend a Firebrand.

MrSol
2020-12-19, 06:30 PM
If you've picked Pact of the Blade I'd recommend a Firebrand.

Hm, I'm not familiar with that magical item. From the name I'm guessing it's a weapon? It's not showing up on DNDBeyond for me either.
Are you talking about a Flame Tongue?

Asisreo1
2020-12-19, 07:21 PM
Hm, I'm not familiar with that magical item. From the name I'm guessing it's a weapon? It's not showing up on DNDBeyond for me either.
Either he means FlameTongue or FrostBrand.

I'm think FlameTongue since he's talking about Rare items and FlameTongue is the Rare one among them.

Unoriginal
2020-12-19, 08:21 PM

Right, sorry, I did mean Flame Tongue. Mixed up with Frostbrand, the cold damage one.