PDA

View Full Version : I love this place

Setra
2007-11-06, 12:46 AM
I've been here a decent while, and I've gotta say this is probably my favorite place on the internet.

The people are kind, the topics can be pretty fun, and in general it's just a nice place to be.

In most places I'm always paranoid that everyone hates me, and will pounce on me the second I say something stupid, or for just being a certain way, but I have never really felt anything like that here.

So yeah, Cheers.

Skippy
2007-11-06, 12:51 AM
I've been here a decent while, and I've gotta say this is probably my favorite place on the internet.

The people are kind, the topics can be pretty fun, and in general it's just a nice place to be.

In most places I'm always paranoid that everyone hates me, and will pounce on me the second I say something stupid, or for just being a certain way, but I have never really felt anything like that here.

So yeah, Cheers.
Same here, you know? I've been in a lot of forums, and this one is by far the most awesome one. An incredible community, and lots of good people. I've found good friends here, people who have encouraged me to go on and take chances when I thought there was no hope for me in an aspect or another of my life.

Thanks a lot, Playground!

wadledo
2007-11-06, 12:52 AM
I was thinking of doing something like this.
..........Bah.
You guys are awesome, few other places put up with my lack of sense like y'all.

Em Blackleaf
2007-11-06, 12:53 AM
I feel the same about this place.
I'm pretty much always here! :smalltongue:

It's by far the friendliest place on the internet I've been to.

I'm glad you like being here, Setra. :smallsmile:

Ego Slayer
2007-11-06, 12:57 AM
Group hug? :smallbiggrin:

omg best forum evaaaaar.

No rly. We are great here, aren't we? We should be very proud of each other for making this forum so nice. Helpful, accepting, funny, kind, diverse, and did I mention funny? :smallwink:

Yes. This truly is a wonderful little corner of the Internets that has great influence in my life. I love you guys and girls. <3

ur mi friends ^_^

SDF
2007-11-06, 01:01 AM
Can you believe it? I've been here a year this week. =^_^=

To me this place is unique. It is my escape from life when I need it, and I think I have some good friends here...

Well you are all very interesting, I think I will stick around.:smallwink:

evisiron
2007-11-06, 01:05 AM
I have to agree. There is a great sense of community here, and the 'odd' running things (like Trogs talk show) make it really special.

GitP Forums ftw!

averagejoe
2007-11-06, 01:10 AM
I too would like to agree. This is the only forum that I've been able to stick with for any amount of time. You guys are good people, and a lot of you are pretty cool.

Raiser Blade
2007-11-06, 01:15 AM
Meh 4chan is better.
:smalltongue:

Reinboom
2007-11-06, 01:19 AM
Meh 4chan is better.
:smalltongue:

My... sense of self worth... it hurts... badly.... ow.....

I love you all. At least when I see comments like the above, I can just look back at the forum and go "fwoo, ok, I have friends here. I'm fine. Did I just say \"fwoo\" ?..."

Lykan
2007-11-06, 01:30 AM
I only have like... Two really good friends in real life. Here, I have dozens.

This place has saved me from boredom and depression alike.

This place rocks. You guys rock. ^_^

PhoeKun
2007-11-06, 01:31 AM
Did I just say \"fwoo\" ?..."

Yes. Yes you did. :smallamused:

I'm having trouble believing this, but I've been here for about 2 years on the dot now. There's never been another place on the internet (or, for the most part, anywhere else) that has kept me for this long. And that says a lot about the kind of place this is, and the kind of people who come here.

Several important events in my life have taken place because of my involvement with these boards, and I wouldn't give this up for anything. This place, and you people, are awesome.

Brickwall
2007-11-06, 01:33 AM
In case nobody could tell, I hate this place. Which is why I come here daily to post and read topics, roleplay, and look at art. I only frequent places I despise, like this GitP. It's why I've been here 23 months, it's why I go to the board chatrooms, it's even why I got the account in the first place. It's why the forums are my homepage, why I read both the comics the instant I see the links, why I've read about every single article on the main site. Pure, baseless hatred. Seriously.

I'll be celebrating my 2-year hatred anniversary soon. To celebrate, I'll come here extra often. I'll post in topics I never even looked at before. Just because I hate this place so much.

Skippy
2007-11-06, 01:40 AM
In case nobody could tell, I hate this place. Which is why I come here daily to post and read topics, roleplay, and look at art. I only frequent places I despise, like this GitP. It's why I've been here 23 months, it's why I go to the board chatrooms, it's even why I got the account in the first place. It's why the forums are my homepage, why I read both the comics the instant I see the links, why I've read about every single article on the main site. Pure, baseless hatred. Seriously.

I'll be celebrating my 2-year hatred anniversary soon. To celebrate, I'll come here extra often. I'll post in topics I never even looked at before. Just because I hate this place so much.
Was that sarcasm? I couldn't really tell... :smalltongue:

wadledo
2007-11-06, 01:48 AM
Was that sarcasm? I couldn't really tell... :smalltongue:

Ya don't question it, ya group hug it.
*HUG*

ZombieRockStar
2007-11-06, 01:59 AM
Come to GitP! Make friends! Fall in love! See the world! Life changing events that give you a new, wider perspective on the world!

No, seriously.

Don Julio Anejo
2007-11-06, 02:01 AM
Best part - you can actually have an intelligent conversation here, unlike the rest of the internet.

Oh yeah. And everyone is super-nice! :biggrin:

The_Chilli_God
2007-11-06, 02:02 AM
Meh. This place is alright... I suppose...

It's a lot less restrictive than the other big forums which I (used to) frequent (One of which has censored the word 'idiot'), I'll say that. Maybe that helps with trust between members.

But...
Eh, never mind.

Skippy
2007-11-06, 02:03 AM
The Fake Mod: From now on, the word 'idiot' is banned. Thank you for the reminder, Chilli. :smalltongue:

Icewalker
2007-11-06, 02:27 AM
Yeah. You're right. No futher comment :smallbiggrin:

averagejoe
2007-11-06, 02:32 AM

We hate you too, Brick.

We hate you too.

Midnight Son
2007-11-06, 02:40 AM
I'll toss my 2 pence into this and say that the community here, while ever shifting, is without doubt, the best I have found on the interwebs. Sometimes I lurk and sometimes I post like a madman, but through it all, what keeps me here is the wit, the intellect, the friendliness, and yes, even the failed romances.

This place so totally rolls!*

*Poor Rolls. Its so overshadowed by the more popular, but ultimately less talented, Rocks:smallbiggrin:

Dhavaer
2007-11-06, 02:50 AM
I like you guys.

'cept Brick.

banjo1985
2007-11-06, 03:48 AM
Heh I have to agree, this place is the only forum that's ever held my interest for more than a week. It's a community like no other I've ever been part of.

However...every single one of you are insane, and that's why I love you guys :smallbiggrin:

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-11-06, 04:04 AM
The words of gratitude I have for this community are not enough. I am accepted here, often humbled by the praise heaped upon me. Quite often, I wonder if I'm worthy to have found such a wonderful place where I can exchange ideas, dispense advice, and make some of my silliest jokes.

Not only does this place roll, but you people roll! :smallsmile:

(We'll see if we can get it to catch on, Midnight.)

Charity
2007-11-06, 04:05 AM
I'd be out of here like a shot, if I could just find where I left my shoes.

Brickwall
2007-11-06, 04:08 AM
I like you guys.

'cept Brick.

:smallconfused:

I never even talk to you!

Obviously I've been doing my job better than I thought.

Brickwall- Making the Playground a worse place since 2005.

Winterwind
2007-11-06, 04:27 AM
This place is awesome.
No... it would be more appropriate to say, this place is made awesome by the people who inhabit it.
So, the people here are awesome.
Yeah, that sounded better. :smallsmile:

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-06, 04:28 AM
Well, you're welcome.
:smallannoyed:

Yeah, this place rocks.

The Orange Zergling
2007-11-06, 05:03 AM
This is the one refuge I have from the rest of the interbutts. Yeah, it's the single best community I've ever seen. I dunno why I don't spend more time here... :smallconfused:

Shadow of the Sun
2007-11-06, 05:17 AM
I love this place.

I found my lover in this place.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-11-06, 06:06 AM

So, AE, you got the back two wheels, I'll steal the front to while he is distracted...

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-06, 06:18 AM
The Fake Mod: From now on, the word 'idiot' is banned. Thank you for the reminder, Chilli. :smalltongue:

:smallfrown: Aw... I guess I'll just take my leave then...:smalltongue:

Morty
2007-11-06, 10:32 AM
This place is great. Before, I used to think that all bigger forums are doomed to be flooded by spam and flame, but Giant In The Playground proved me wrong. Also, Gaming forums were really nice break from what I've been used to on D&D and Warhammer forums.

Halna LeGavilk
2007-11-06, 10:47 AM
This place is by far the greatest forum I have ever been in. Woot.

Castaras
2007-11-06, 10:53 AM
Come to GitP! Make friends! Fall in love! See the world! Life changing events that give you a new, wider perspective on the world!

QFT!! On all those points!

I dunno what I'd do without you guys...seriously. I have withdrawal symptoms when the 'net goes down and I can't talk to you people/aliens/evil monstrosities. Because you guys rock. You made my real life better, give me a place to hang out with people who are freaking awesometastic.

So thanks Giant! Thanks for creating this forum, where amazingly awesome people have been attracted to!

*Huggles playground*

Lord Herman
2007-11-06, 12:12 PM
Yup, GiantITP rolls :smallbiggrin:

*hugs everyone*

eidreff
2007-11-06, 12:33 PM
This place is great. Where else can I live out my fantasy of being a giant slug, hide behind cabbages and stabbity someone al in one day?

Skippy
2007-11-06, 12:36 PM
...Canada?

bluewind95
2007-11-06, 12:43 PM
This place is indeed great. I haven't been here all too long (well... I registered a good while ago, but only really stopped being a lurker recently), but in that time I've already gotten to see quite a few valuable people. It's great. I like how friendly and accepting people are here.

zeratul
2007-11-06, 12:44 PM
The playground is awesome.

Thanks for keeping me sane via your insanity.:smallamused:

Hannes
2007-11-06, 01:03 PM
It's nice, but a bit too slow for my liking. But hey, it makes me patient!

Jibar
2007-11-06, 01:20 PM
Aww, last time we had one of these threads I made it.
Now I get to be on the life-threatening hugs side.
Everybody, squish him! With love!

Catch
2007-11-06, 01:31 PM
Civil discussion? Compassion for other human beings? On my internets?

Truly terrifying. Must be why I keep coming back.

Oh GiantITP, don't ever change. <3

A Rainy Knight
2007-11-06, 01:50 PM
This place is great. I've met a lot of nice people and found out about a bunch of cool things.

Here's to many more prosperous years!

Ceska
2007-11-06, 03:04 PM
I have tried to register and post in many online communities. This is the only one of two that I stuck to longer than two months and frequently... frequent.

You guys rock so much, I love you all. Even Brick. *Huggles the Brickwall*

CurlyKitGirl
2007-11-06, 03:11 PM
I've checked out but never registered on maybe ooh....six forums but I love this place.
And being here for eightish months hasn't made me love it any less, if anything my boundless enjoyment of this forum has gotten even larger.
I've made more friends here than I have in real life, but strangely enough, my social skills here have lead me to make more friends in RL. I never want to leave so you will all be haunted by my overly long SMBG and SG posts which are marginally good and my quirky ways until you die. In eighty years.
Long live the Forum!
*hugs*

Sir_Norbert
2007-11-06, 03:20 PM
This place is wonderful -- it's been a refuge and a home when I needed one -- and I love the people too -- you're all really great friends, even if some of you do take a long time to respond to PMs :smallcool: :smallwink:

When I first joined I didn't know what was going on, I didn't feel part of the community and I almost gave up and left. Now things just couldn't be more different. *hugs everyone*

smellie_hippie
2007-11-06, 10:12 PM
I'd be out of here like a shot, if I could just find where I left my shoes.

Here they are!
http://uk.gizmodo.com/mp3shoes.jpg

Oh wait...... :smallamused:
http://www.knightsedge.com/medieval-weapons/dungeon-ball-chain-2613g.jpg

hyperfreak497
2007-11-06, 10:42 PM
Yes, this forum truly is amazing. The thing that shocks me is that it took me this long to find the Friendly Banter section. You guys make my life worthwhile.

*Hugs for everyone*

Oh, yeah, and I've never had any problem with Brickwall. He seems like a nice guy to me.

OMG NEW OOTS HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THAT 'TIL NOW ROAR!!!!!!!

*Runs to read new OotS*

Brickwall
2007-11-06, 10:48 PM
Oh, yeah, and I've never had any problem with Brickwall. He seems like a nice guy to me.

You'd better not be trying to butter me up for the IA contest. I only take bribes of $500 or more. That can be paid in nubile females, if you so wish. Plus, you have to actually have an entry first. :smallamused:

wadledo
2007-11-06, 10:57 PM
You'd better not be trying to butter me up for the IA contest. I only take bribes of $500 or more. That can be paid in nubile females, if you so wish. Plus, you have to actually have an entry first. :smallamused:

Will you take a check?

hyperfreak497
2007-11-06, 11:00 PM

I could write my story about you being the last of the human race. You are, after all, the very peak of human evolution.

As a sidenote, we found out that the idiom for "brownnoser" in French is "(le) petit chou-chou" in French class today. Can't remember what it is literally...

Brickwall
2007-11-06, 11:06 PM
Will you take a check?

I believe the man in this comic (http://www.collectedcurios.com/SA_0019_small.jpg) states my policy on checks best. Obviously, I have stated what meat I require.

ocato
2007-11-06, 11:29 PM
I've been one of the many forgettables around here since last march, and I pretty much love this place. Its pretty grea--

No, seriously.

Do what now? People are hooking up and falling in loves and junk here too?

*kicks teeter totter* Stupid playground, stupid humanity, STUPID OCATO!

:smalleek:

MisterSaturnine
2007-11-06, 11:34 PM
I want a hug, too! And basically reiterate what everyone else said! :smallbiggrin:

And thanks for putting up with my smiley addiction. It's only a matter of time before I start snorting winky faces.

Rykaj
2007-11-07, 06:15 AM
I have never registered for any other forum in all of my life, so I don't have any comparison, but this is a pretty sweet place all in all.

And otherwise your horror stories of all the other forums around in the big scary internet have scared me away enough to never subscribe anywhere else... Guess I'm stuck here :smallredface:

Vuzzmop
2007-11-07, 05:51 PM
Group hug? :smallbiggrin:

omg best forum evaaaaar.

No rly. We are great here, aren't we? We should be very proud of each other for making this forum so nice. Helpful, accepting, funny, kind, diverse, and did I mention funny? :smallwink:

Yes. This truly is a wonderful little corner of the Internets that has great influence in my life. I love you guys and girls. <3

ur mi friends ^_^

I second the motion for a goup hug "holds tentacles outstretched."

Dr. Bath
2007-11-07, 05:56 PM
I've been one of the many forgettables around here since last march, and I pretty much love this place. Its pretty grea--

Do what now? People are hooking up and falling in loves and junk here too?

*kicks teeter totter* Stupid playground, stupid humanity, STUPID OCATO!

:smalleek:

I still love you Ocato, super-bard-defense-league was one of the most amusing things I've seen in the Arts and Craft forum.

Tis a great forum. The first I've been involved in. *nodnod*

Volug
2007-11-07, 06:09 PM
This is probably the ONLY forum I acually like acually.
I love this and I can't stop messing around in SMBG!!

I have trouble playing with my other friends, so this always gives me the quick fix in that department.

My Red Maginess has to go somewhere!:smallbiggrin:

Dihan
2007-11-07, 06:15 PM
I've been to a lot of forums, this one is by far the best.

de-trick
2007-11-07, 06:23 PM
spent most of my spring and summer here, been here for abouth 6 months but was a good six months

Leush
2007-11-07, 06:28 PM
Pffft. This place is a distraction from real life and all the real and serious stuff going on. It is the way to letting deadlines sneak past unnoticed and for me to miss my bedtime... AGAIN!

Yessh... What a wonderful place....

You lot roll my boat...

*GnomishKneeHug*