PDA

View Full Version : Well, now that the villains ae dead, what's next?

EyethatBinds
2020-12-22, 06:20 PM
Since Xyklon, One Eye, Ooona, and Griyview are all dead where does the Order go from here? Obviously they need to confront the Snag but isn't Odin's plan somewhat screwed now that the reddish mantle is destroyed?

Emanick
2020-12-22, 06:23 PM
I think Rey should use his Green Flame Blade on the Snag. It has it coming for biting Cragger!

hroþila
2020-12-22, 06:31 PM
I don't think anyone had noticed the foreshadowing in Redcroak's name.

The Pilgrim
2020-12-22, 06:32 PM
78 more pages of filler, then on the next round strip number, 1300, Nurse Hailey wakes up Ray, who has fallen aesleep in his wheelchair while on the yard of the mental asylum. Everything we have read was just the product of his inner delusions. The nurse ushers him back into the compound, pushing the wheelchair. Closing Credits.

Ruck
2020-12-22, 07:25 PM
Since Xyklon, One Eye, Ooona, and Griyview are all dead

Is this a bit?

Dion
2020-12-22, 08:24 PM
Is this a bit?

Now that all the villains are irrefutably dead, did their names ever even matter?

No, they did not matter. The world is saved. The heroes can go home. The end.

WindStruck
2020-12-23, 02:32 AM
I think Rey should use his Green Flame Blade on the Snag. It has it coming for biting Cragger!

Of course! Because Green is the fifth quiddichy.

Precure
2020-12-23, 12:19 PM
Now they need to contact Jetix since he's current high priest of dark one due to being Radcloak's second in command. Then they can make an agreement.

Ionathus
2020-12-23, 04:38 PM
Is this a bit?

No, it's a bot. One of those predictive text ones, except this one predicts storylines. At the expense of names.

This one's my favorite

Ginasius
2020-12-24, 03:58 AM
For your information, in Spain the equivalent of April's Fool Day is celebrated on December 28th.

You are a week early, but you are quite close.

Merry christmas to everyone, BTW.

Albion
2020-12-26, 03:14 AM
78 more pages of filler, then on the next round strip number, 1300, Nurse Hailey wakes up Ray, who has fallen aesleep in his wheelchair while on the yard of the mental asylum. Everything we have read was just the product of his inner delusions. The nurse ushers him back into the compound, pushing the wheelchair. Closing Credits.

I think Elan should be the nurse :smallsmile:

Emanick
2020-12-26, 06:28 AM
Now that all the villains are irrefutably dead, did their names ever even matter?

No, they did not matter. The world is saved. The heroes can go home. The end.

This guy gets it.

élan is not a nurse, but I think he has a friend named Bingo who dresses up as one sometimes! Maybe it can do the honors.

Metastachydium
2020-12-26, 10:21 AM
élan is not a nurse, but I think he has a friend named Bingo who dresses up as one sometimes! Maybe it can do the honors.

Hm. How about Thin Joe, the paladin? He's got healing powers.

Dion
2020-12-26, 10:51 AM
Hm. How about Thin Joe, the paladin? He's got healing powers.

Poor Thin Joe. He suffocated when Huple’s cat slept on his face.

The Pilgrim
2020-12-26, 11:30 AM

Ethan doesn't exists, he is a figment of Ray's mind. He's his imaginary friend, a projection of Ray's inner child. Initially, Ray rejects him because he refuses to acknowledge he has traumas related to his childhood. Later he learns to accept this part of himself and embrances him. It's better explained in Ray's file in the mental asylum archives, which includes the case study performed by the Chief Physician, Dr. Durkan.

jayem
2020-12-26, 06:27 PM
I think after buying our interest for years the author is just going to do some unconvincing lame arse pull, where "they're not really dead"

Dion
2020-12-28, 02:43 AM
Elan doesn't exists, he is a figment of Ray's mind. He's his imaginary friend, a projection of Ray's inner child.

Ethan must be real, because otherwise who is worshipping Biggles the Clown?

Puppets can't just play ukuleles by themselves.

Precure
2020-12-28, 08:13 AM
I think after buying our interest for years the author is just going to do some unconvincing lame arse pull, where "they're not really dead"

That would be a pretty lame twist, even for our dear old author Keith Baker.

The Pilgrim
2020-12-28, 09:40 AM
Ethan must be real, because otherwise who is worshipping Biggles the Clown?

Puppets can't just play ukuleles by themselves.

Biggles represents in Ray's mind precisely what he misses from his childhood. Probably a sled, or a teddy bear. Or a monkey with an ukeleke. Ethan being the personification of Ray's childhood, he is therefore attached to the totem and worshipping it.

Ray won't be able to escape his inner labyrinth until he embrances Biggles. Before that, he needed to start taking Ethan seriously, which he now has.

Roy has also come to terms with Belker, who is the personification of whoever originially took the original object from him, maybe a school bully who stole his toy, or a small brother who broke it while playing.

Ray is just one more step away from solving the riddle in his mind. Embrance Biggles, Save the World.

Darth Paul
2021-01-02, 10:30 AM
I admit it... I'm lost.

Jay R
2021-01-02, 09:14 PM
With the death of Redclock, there is no goblin who can cast 9th level spells. The gods' plan is ruined.

But then Vaarsuvius1 sees a doily, and with ultimate arcane power, is able to attack and defeat the Snail directly.

Ray dies in the final battle, and in lieu of paradise, is given a picture of his father Euchene's face when Euchene first heard that Ray was going up but he wasn't.

Eglan and Tarbin have a final conclusive battle. The Empress of Brood tells Eglan to strike down his father and take his place by her side, but Tarbin kills her, but is mortally wounded in the process, surviving just long enough to hear Eglan singing his new song about the battle, which will make Tarbin a legend. Specifically, Eglan sings about the epic battle between Eglan and the Empress, in which Tarbin appears only once, in a single quick mention as one of the Empress's flunkies. In the pullback, we see Tarbin's long-lost sled Rusebud.

During the battle, the two big secrets are finally revealed, and we see the Master in the Dankness's gender and Vaarsuvius's species.

On his way home with Haley, Eclan complains that without his best buddy Ray, he didn't really get a happy ending. Harley tries to cheer him up, but Eglan is inconsolable.

The final panel reveals that on the road in front of them, they are about to find a whistle.

1Well, there was no point misspelling that name.

137beth
2021-01-02, 11:32 PM
Well, HPoP (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?356450-Why-the-lightning-storm) died last book. And Voorsovias now keeps Ravenwing (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?123900-Xykon-s-Phylactery&p=6869756&viewfull=1#post6869756) visible at all times, which will make defeating Xylon (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?481188-Google-xylon-on-giantitp) super easy. Plus, the Order has Maxrah (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?617558-OOTS-1211-The-Discussion-Thread&p=24668830#post24668830) helping them. And Jake 'the mauler' Smith is not coming back (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?616954-Why-Redcloak-is-my-favourite-character). So, it seems that just defeating enemies is not a challenge for the Order of the Branch.

The real question is how Elen is going to stop Romulus McElensFather from being remembered as the villain of an awesome story.

Jay R
2021-01-06, 10:06 PM
The real question is how Elen is going to stop Romulus McElensFather from being remembered as the villain of an awesome story.

He's a bard. He decides how the guy will be remembered.

137beth
2021-01-07, 12:40 AM
He's a bard. He decides how the guy will be remembered.

Dunno about that. He couldn't even stop Belkar from remembering who (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0008.html) was holding the bottle of a healing potion.

Edreyn
2021-01-07, 05:22 AM

And who MitD is in this theory?

Precure
2021-01-07, 09:37 AM

A Tarrasque.

Metastachydium
2021-01-07, 10:10 AM

Remember how the Being of Pure Low was just Rob's father, Yu Jin behind an illusion? That's what the Munster is: Yu Jin behind an illusion. Rob's subconscious makes active attempt at incorporating his figure into the mental narrative under various guises.

The Pilgrim
2021-01-07, 05:09 PM

MitD is something without a defined shape, hidden in the shadows, that wants to get out but is constantly repressed from doing so.

It's clear that MitD repressents Ray's most deep, hidden and self-supressed issue. An issue that provokes so much fear in Ray that he doesn't even dares to give it a form.

Naturally, MitD has a childish nature, as the repressed issue is undoubtely linked to some traumatic experiencie in Ray's childhood. A different, more sinister traumatic event than the one Biggles represents.

MitD gets treated by O'Chtul, who is clearly a personification of a therapist, who has been able to pierce deeper in Ray's subconscious than Dr. Dorkan.

MitD is yet another piece in the puzzle that is Ray's broken mind. The final piece. But Ray can't adress it until he has resolved the upper layer first: Biggles.

137beth
2021-01-07, 07:11 PM
A Tarrasque.

No, the MitD is Snarl Jr!

Aramech
2021-01-08, 06:34 AM
Since Xyklon, One Eye, Ooona, and Griyview are all dead where does the Order go from here? Obviously they need to confront the Snag but isn't Odin's plan somewhat screwed now that the reddish mantle is destroyed?

Personally, and please bear with me if this theory is crazy af to you, personally I believe they are not dead and that that runic line was actually the gate they have been searching for all the time.

Wich would also explain why Roy's blade vanished when it entered the field and then re-apeared when it got pulled out again. If this was some kind of dissintegration-field the sword would have gone pzorch permanently.

Dion
2021-01-08, 01:11 PM
Personally, and please bear with me if this theory is crazy af to you, personally I believe they are not dead and that that runic line was actually the gate they have been searching for all the time.

This is gate? The order of the branch are inside the squiggle right now?

137beth
2021-01-08, 03:30 PM

Wich would also explain why Roy's blade vanished when it entered the field and then re-apeared when it got pulled out again. If this was some kind of dissintegration-field the sword would have gone pzorch permanently.

Gate? What gate?

Emanick
2021-01-08, 04:08 PM

I get that you're trying to be funny, but c'mon. This is a serious thread.

The main villains are all clearly very dead. Rey, Belker and élan all saw it!

Dion
2021-01-08, 05:46 PM
This is a serious thread

This are a serious post. Order inside squiggle gate now. See squiggle soon.

The Craagor will get them. Belkin might die, because he is shortest.

But maybe Rey will use green quiddity sword and Evan will use purple quiddity puppet to hurt squiggle. Maybe they will have Xylophone’s black quiddity magic too!

That will kill it I bet.

Mariele
2021-01-09, 04:07 PM
This is the best.

Team Rocket may be out of the story now, but we still have to worry about Serryknee, who was the real villain all along and has been using her diary to lure everyone to this point, like a master chess player. Flan will destroy the final Gage and everyone will be transported to the new world, where the comic will end and the spinoff series will start.

Don't argue with my flawless logic, the hints have been there all along!

Precure
2021-01-11, 09:31 AM

As predicted, she will turn into a frog (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0078.html) by Rey's newly acquired magical powers. Then Eugenus will say "well done son" which finally end their feud.

Aramech
2021-01-23, 04:19 AM
I get that you're trying to be funny, but c'mon. This is a serious thread.

The main villains are all clearly very dead. Rey, Belker and élan all saw it!

Well..... not to be overly snarky but this is kinda awkward now isnt it ?

It might not be THE gate they where looking for, i gladly admit that i was wrong there, but its clear by now that it is some kind of teleportation-field and the villains are pretty much alive. Blackwing is pretty much alive too after all. Unless he is squaqking from bird-afterlife that is.
Wich i doubt.:smallbiggrin:

Metastachydium
2021-01-23, 05:20 AM

It might not be THE gate they where looking for, i gladly admit that i was wrong there, but its clear by now that it is some kind of teleportation-field and the villains are pretty much alive. Blackwing is pretty much alive too after all. Unless he is squaqking from bird-afterlife that is.

Blockwing was an illusion all along.

Dion
2021-01-23, 12:00 PM

Don’t you mean “allusion”?

TRH
2021-01-23, 12:20 PM
Don’t you mean “allusion”?

Probably what he meant. It's like that one poem: "Quoth the Blockwing, Paramore." By Poe Dameron, I think?

OOC: Am I doing this right?

brian 333
2021-01-23, 10:08 PM
We have all overlooked the Am Knight Shamalamamalan twist: it is the Branch Franchise that is now dead, and Team Ebola is now free to do whatever. Notice how the disintegration pane only worked once on them?

Ailey armed it when she thought she was disarming it. A subtle trap intended only for high level thieves. It's Serenade's way of keeping epic rogues away from her booty.

Ruck
2021-01-23, 10:42 PM
Probably what he meant. It's like that one poem: "Quoth the Blockwing, Paramore." By Poe Dameron, I think?

OOC: Am I doing this right?

No, it's by the singer Poe, probably best known for "Angry Johnny" and "Hello."

Darth V
2021-01-27, 05:37 AM

They are all still in Girard's pyramid trapped in the illusion.

Metastachydium
2021-01-27, 05:58 AM
They are all still in Girard's pyramid trapped in the illusion.

They are inside Blockwing? Blockwing is inside Blockwing? How?
(Also, what's a Giraffe?)

brian 333
2021-01-27, 04:23 PM
A giraffe is an akward social mistake, synomyous with blunder.

Defiantnight
2021-02-23, 03:23 AM

This is a joke thread

littlebum2002
2021-02-23, 04:27 PM
Also Xykon has been dead since before the first strip so that doesn't really change the plot.

Taevyr
2021-02-23, 04:37 PM
Also Xykon has been dead since before the first strip so that doesn't really change the plot.

Even if Xy-kun was killed, it won't impede Radcloak in the slightest: he's been killed before by Rey at Dorkun's Dungeon, and Radcloak just regenerated a new one. Hell, he even summoned 4 of them during the conquest of Cerulean Town! Who knows what he's capable of with a full party of 6!

It's clear that the only way to end Xy-kun's threat permanently is to kill Radcloak first.

jayem
2021-02-23, 04:49 PM
Ah, a new 'bigger* fish' surprise hero turned villain, it was the obvious way to go.

*at least when on a stepladder