PDA

View Full Version : Optimization spell selection - 1 shot lvl 16 Devotion Paladin

da newt
2020-12-23, 08:25 AM
I've got a holiday 1 shot coming up (probably in hell) and will be playing a Yuan Ti lvl 16 Devotion Paladin. Any spells that I really need to take?

I do plan to Greater Steed for a Pegasus and am building for survivability first, mobility second, utility third. I plan to melee skirmish primarily, and divine smite a bunch.

I have a ring of free action, immunity to poison, charm, fear, disease, perma protection from G&E, ADV against all spells and magical effects, and cleansing touch.

Syjyl4488
2020-12-28, 04:30 PM
Well...for healing I’d suggest the various aura spells, and for offense..you can divine smite but staggering/banishing can really come through (oh also, destructive wave...it’s an awesome aoe which only paladins can get usually).

CheddarChampion
2020-12-29, 03:52 AM
Unless the description didn't include it, you don't have a magic weapon?
Magic Weapon/Elemental Weapon will help a lot - many demons/devil's resist nonmagical weapons.

Staggering Smite is good when you're hitting the final boss.
If someone else is going to try Tanking, casting Protection from Evil and Good on them can go a long ways for just a 1st level spell.

Droppeddead
2020-12-29, 09:44 AM
Unless the description didn't include it, you don't have a magic weapon?
Magic Weapon/Elemental Weapon will help a lot - many demons/devil's resist nonmagical weapons.

Rather pointless after level 11. You are better off using that spell slot for a smite, which also leaves you free to caste buffing spells.

At OP. Won't you have time for any long rests in this game? Because that solves ny problem you have when it comes to choosing spells. :)