PDA

View Full Version : Cogent roleplay

Drache64
2020-12-23, 01:30 PM
Anyone checked out Cogent roleplay?

Rules are free online at https://cogentroleplay.com/rules/

I really like it and am planning on running a few limited campaigns with it utilising it's simple format to tell a variety of sorts l stories in different settings.

Jason
2020-12-23, 01:40 PM
The Shadiversity guy is doing an RPG?

Drache64
2020-12-23, 01:51 PM

Currently the channel Table Top Time is being run by his little brother Jazza, but Shad and Jazza put this together about 4 years ago.

It's really good, the core rules are heavily focused on medieval for the equipment and combat section and that's where shadiversity's hand is clearly visible, but it's designed to be for any type of Campaign and I plan on running modern Zombie survival first.

Willie the Duck
2020-12-23, 10:21 PM

I suppose it would be unsurprising that he was a gaming nerd. I don't honestly know what his involvement implies for said game (other than I suspect rules for gambesons and machicolations). Don't love the name -- Cogent is right up there with Rational or Objective as words that when I see someone self-declare affiliation to I tend to expect the opposite. That said, the system looks fine. Nothing jumps out as highly positive or negative. Hopefully if they continue to develop it they will find a specific authorial voice and give the system a hook to bring people in.

Jason
2020-12-24, 01:47 PM
You can see RPGs on his bookshelves in many of his videos, and he covers RPG subjects from time to time, so that he's a gamer doesn't surprise me.