PDA

View Full Version : Main website down

pendell
2020-12-23, 08:58 PM
There is currently a banner on www.giantitp.com thus:

"This page (https://www.giantitp.com/) is currently offline. However, because the site uses Cloudflare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site. We will keep checking in the background and, as soon as the site comes back, you will automatically be served the live version. Always Online™ is powered by Cloudflare."

I have CTRL-F5 reloaded, but the error does not fade, so I assume it is a real issue.

I assume Rawhide is already aware of the outage, but I am reporting it all the same.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Rawhide
2020-12-23, 09:19 PM
I assume Rawhide is already aware of the outage, but I am reporting it all the same.

The website is working fine for me. Are you still experiencing the issue?

pendell
2020-12-24, 10:20 AM
Just re-tried and am no longer experiencing the issue; it must have cleared up on its own.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Rawhide
2020-12-26, 01:11 PM
The way the main website is set up now, it is unlikely to ever go down unless millions of other sites are down at the same time. Maybe there was some incredibly brief communication error right when you tried to access it.

P.S. Because the main site is static, that cached copy is usually going to be basically identical aside from the warning. It could be missing the most recent comic if it was uploaded recently enough.