PDA

View Full Version : Refining Mystic. Please help.

Neuville9393
2020-12-24, 02:39 PM
I am trying to split off and refine a few sections of the mystic class from UA33. My end goal is to create a psionic warrior who channels her energy through her warhammer. I want her to be competent in battle and have "maneuvers" and stuff as well. I am trying to rebrand the Mystic Talents as less spell and cantripy and more flavorful psionic badass stuff. Any and all suggestions are super welcome!

Unoriginal
2020-12-24, 03:36 PM
I am trying to split off and refine a few sections of the mystic class from UA33. My end goal is to create a psionic warrior who channels her energy through her warhammer. I want her to be competent in battle and have "maneuvers" and stuff as well. I am trying to rebrand the Mystic Talents as less spell and cantripy and more flavorful psionic badass stuff. Any and all suggestions are super welcome!

Have you taken a look at the Psi Warrior? Could be a good start.

Grod_The_Giant
2020-12-24, 03:46 PM
I've got good news--you don't need to write anything because I already did it for you (https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/g8T2tW3Z7). The Psychic Warrior base class I separated from the Mystic in particular has a strong bias towards the effectively at-will Focuses and Psi Dice, as opposed to leveled not-spells.

Neuville9393
2020-12-26, 02:29 AM
You're amazing. This is a pretty awesome amount of work and it looks extremely well produced. I saw you have some stuff on your page that I'll check out too. I'm from PA too! I ended up making a 'psionics focused on melee' and battle master hybrid which seems pretty fun! I'm definitely looking forward to the test run.

Merry Xmas :)

Kane0
2020-12-26, 02:40 AM
Can confirm, Grod does good work.

Grod_The_Giant
2020-12-26, 09:08 AM
You're amazing. This is a pretty awesome amount of work and it looks extremely well produced.

Can confirm, Grod does good work.

:smallredface: Thanks, guys