PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer help

AttilatheYeon
2020-12-28, 02:04 AM
So I'm kinda new to playing a sorc much past level 6. As a wizard when I faced a BBEG with legendary saves, I'd use Contagion to whittle away some of those LSs. On the first turn JI'd cast contagion. 2nd turn I'd cast a lower level save of suck spell. This forces the BBEG to make 3 saves by the end of round 2, hopefully it failed at least 2 of those to eat away the LSs. Also, hopefully at least 1 or 2 ofmy party is also forcing saves which could eat all of the BBEG's LSs.

Sorcerer doesn't have this spell. Is there a spell that I can use instead of Contagion? My character is Adventurer's League using Tasha's as my +1, so all spells will need to come from PHB and Tasha's.

thanks for any suggestions.

Minice
2020-12-28, 03:08 AM
Well wizards don't normally get contagion. that's a cleric/druid spell. also are you level 6 or are you level 11 with 6th level spells? Also depending on what type of sorc you are you might have different options.

If your just asking about good save or suck spells to burn LA, levitate is good and a con save, hold person is wis.

or if your higher level, telekinesis is str and is repeatable. or sunbeam for con.

AttilatheYeon
2020-12-28, 04:14 AM
Well wizards don't normally get contagion. that's a cleric/druid spell. also are you level 6 or are you level 11 with 6th level spells? Also depending on what type of sorc you are you might have different options.

If your just asking about good save or suck spells to burn LA, levitate is good and a con save, hold person is wis.

or if your higher level, telekinesis is str and is repeatable. or sunbeam for con.

You are right about wizards not getting contagion. I must have been channeling my druid when i thought that.