PDA

View Full Version : Haley's new look (Spoilers, of course)

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-11-06, 11:19 AM
Several people speculated that Elan would return with an eyepatch, lo and behold he did!

I wonder if Rich added the joke because of the forums, or if it was planned all along.

But of the six main characters, only Belkar and Haley have not had an "art upgrade." The nearest we've seen was Haley in a ninja uniform and then a pirate costume way back in the beginning, and her in the "Easy Access to the Sternum" evening gown that Nale got her.

I was thinking that if Rich continues the "At Sea" theme for a while, Haley would change to a more "pirate" look. Loose blouse, tight pants, big belt and buckle.

boomwolf
2007-11-06, 11:39 AM
When did V and D have an ary upgrade?
Cuz D's scarf can be jest for the wedding.

beholder
2007-11-06, 11:43 AM
rich made it fairly clear that he doesn't let the forums affect his upcoming strips. check his FAQ. also, haley isnt at sea, shes probably still trapped at azure city, so if her costume has changed, it will be a sort of "kickass battle damaged look"

Maratanos
2007-11-06, 11:44 AM
V got gold lace in his/her cloak.
Durkon got a belt buckle.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-11-06, 11:50 AM
V got gold lace in his/her cloak.
Durkon got a belt buckle.

he also had a "Holy Symbol" added to his chain around his neck. A simple circle, but Durkon is a simple man:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0170.html

:smallbiggrin:

FireDrake
2007-11-06, 11:52 AM
rich made it fairly clear that he doesn't let the forums affect his upcoming strips. check his FAQ.

I don't think this aplies to such a minor gag as Elan with an eyepatch.

To be honest, recently, Rich seems to be answering all the questions we ask here, in the next comic. So I wouldn't be surprised, if he gave Elan the Eyepatch for 'Fan-Service'.

Regneva
2007-11-06, 12:10 PM
rich made it fairly clear that he doesn't let the forums affect his upcoming strips. check his FAQ.

That FAQ is really old now. Things have changed. I really believe he does add a few jokes and puns here'n there while keeping the story intact (He said he's not reading the spoiler tagged threads)

Kaelaroth
2007-11-06, 12:24 PM
rich made it fairly clear that he doesn't let the forums affect his upcoming strips. check his FAQ. also, haley isnt at sea, shes probably still trapped at azure city, so if her costume has changed, it will be a sort of "kickass battle damaged look"

I agree. Anyone see the episode of Buffy where Cordelia wished Buffy had never come? I think Haley would have adopted that reality's Buffy-look. More revealing, bit of wear and tear, darker, and more jewellery and weapons showing. Or maybe she's wearing a fairy costume. Who knows? I wanted a pirate look too, but since she isn't on the sea, I doubt she had the correct motivation for taking one on. :smallmad:

Kreistor
2007-11-06, 12:35 PM
If Haley has had to survive in AC, then I expect she's been busy killing hobgoblins. If she changes costume, I would expect something with higher AC, not lower like a pirate costume. I wouldn't be surprised to find her decked out in a chain shirt.

David Argall
2007-11-06, 12:58 PM

Long clearly wrong. V seems to have gotten his/her sex on these boards, and we suspect a number of minor points are responses to comments here. [It would be foolish for a writer not to make responses like this. A lot of the suggestions here are trash -as all of us agree about the other guy's suggestions - , but there are some pretty good ideas here and there, not to mention that the forums provide hints about what subjects should be covered.] Now our united power, and we are never united, is rather limited, but some of our comments do affect the strip.

also, haley isnt at sea, shes probably still trapped at azure city, so if her costume has changed, it will be a sort of "kickass battle damaged look".

The most likely costume changes, if any are made, are to ninja or hobgoblin. Both allow her to move about the city to some degree.

beholder
2007-11-06, 03:17 PM
my mistake about rich not reading. he just seemed very adamant when i heard about it.and surfing halforc, my apologies if i came across as aggressive or snobby. i assure you i did not mean to be:smallsmile:

EDIT: i missed the "half" bit

geekyhedgehog
2007-11-06, 03:50 PM
Rouges do get 12+INT skill points/level, which means she could have taken Disguise as one of them

Deuce
2007-11-06, 04:11 PM
Rouges do get 12+INT skill points/level, which means she could have taken Disguise as one of them

That sounds a touch high, isn't it 8+Int?

sihnfahl
2007-11-06, 04:40 PM
Base, yes. Factor in that Haley's human (1 extra skill point per level, with 4 extra at level 1).

David Argall
2007-11-06, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by geekyhedgehog

That's for rogues. Rouges are a different class [obviously not spelling class]

Caractacus
2007-11-06, 04:43 PM

As a 'rouge', I expect that her make-up skills would be great - so Disguise would be a blast... :smalltongue:

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-11-06, 04:57 PM
my mistake about rich not reading. he just seemed very adamant when i heard about it.and surfing halforc, my apologies if i came across as aggressive or snobby. i assure you i did not mean to be:smallsmile:

EDIT: i missed the "half" bit

No worries. No blood, no foul.

Rich breaks his own rules from time to time. It seemed like the eyepatch was sort of "tacked on" as a quickie joke.

Clothes are one of the minor details Rich tosses in from time to time. At the inn, only Elan thought to remove his armor for a relaxing massage. Roy changed out of his armor and into a loose fitting shirt for his date with Celia. Celia changed clothes several times, skirt and criss-cross wrap while in Durokan's Dungeon, a skirt and coat while defending the Order, then a side-split dress on her date.

But Haley wore her armor on her date with Elan, and I thought that might be kind of uncomfortable. I wore both old style "flak jackets" as well as the new "modular body army" while in the Navy, and couldn't wait to strip it off! Of course, being in Hawaii gives you an extra incentive to take off heavy, sweaty armor. :smallamused:

Calulithrar
2007-11-06, 06:41 PM
Well the Oots are a party of adventurers so I wager they only change when they remember to tell the DMesque being they do so