PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Spheres of Might: Beastmastery

Mulletmanalive
2021-01-01, 08:19 PM
Live been prepping to build a character with a hoard of wolves controlled by the beastmastery sphere (I know I can just have npcs the wolves, but beastmastery lets me add HD to them and I like to have reasons why people have minions) and I’m a little confused by the Tame condition.

Daft question, but does it actually do anything as a base ability?

I know it technically makes it far harder for your opponents to seize control of your wolves, but it’s described as making it easier to command your allies but it doesn’t actually seem to do that, even with talents...

Also, Pathfinder is generally unclear, can you use Handle Animal on Unfriendly or Hostile animals and can you alter the attitude of an animal with HA or by any means short of Wild Empathy or capturing them and using Raise Wild Animal on them?

You’d think they’d‘ve gotten this working by the sixth printing (my copy)

Mulletmanalive
2021-01-02, 04:32 AM
Also, Pathfinder is generally unclear, can you use Handle Animal on Unfriendly or Hostile animals and can you alter the attitude of an animal with HA or by any means short of Wild Empathy or capturing them and using Raise Wild Animal on them?

You’d think they’d‘ve gotten this working by the sixth printing (my copy)

Scratch this bit, you need the Animal Empathy talent to do this, though it then fails to mention if there’s any actual benefit to improving an animal’s attitude if you can’t speak their language. You’d kind of assume that It should do something

Question still stands on Tame.

Mehangel
2021-01-02, 04:19 PM
Live been prepping to build a character with a hoard of wolves controlled by the beastmastery sphere (I know I can just have npcs the wolves, but beastmastery lets me add HD to them and I like to have reasons why people have minions) and I’m a little confused by the Tame condition.

Daft question, but does it actually do anything as a base ability?

The ability grants the 'tamed' status effect, which does little (if anything) by itself. The whole purpose of the ability is to put a status effect that the rest of the sphere can play off of (similar to the scout ability from the Scout sphere).