PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Woodland Wanderer Fighter (Updated) (PEACH)

Saelethil
2021-01-03, 09:01 AM
Woodland Wanderer Fighter

Student of Nature
At 3rd level you gain proficiency in 2 of the following Animal Handling, Medicine, Nature, Survival, Herbalism kit.

Woodland Wanderer Spellcasting
At 3rd level you gain spell casting at the same progression as an Eldritch Knight with the exception that you do not learn any cantrips. You learn spells from the Ranger spell list and Wisdom is your casting modifier.

Master of the Hunt
At 3rd level you know the hunter's mark spell, it does not count as one of your spells known and when you cast it it does not require concentration. You can only have one Hunter's Mark up at a time

Survivalist’s Instinct
By 7th level, your time in the wild's has given you the knowledge needed to bring your ally's back into the fight. You can use your bonus action to make a Medicine check to stabilize an ally in combat. When you make a Medicine check to stabilize an ally and you roll above a 10, they gain a number of hit points equal to your Medicine check -10.

Swift Step
At 10th level, you gain the ability to dash or disengage as a bonus action. You now also know the misty step spell, which does not count against your spells known, and can cast it once per long rest without expending a spell slot.

Nature's Warrior
At 15th level, on the turn that you cast hunter's mark and any turn that you shift your Hunter's Mark due to the death of your quarry, you may make one additional attack against the marked creature.

Hunter's Surprise
Starting at 18th level, You have advantage on initiative rolls against any creature you have been tracking. Additionally, you score a critical hit on a 19 or 20 against any creature that you have spent at least 1 hour tracking and watching.

Calen
2021-01-09, 01:24 PM
I like this, good concept and well executed.

Survivalists Instinct feels a little strong as a bonus action. I can see where you were coming from with the chance for failure but I am not sure. [shrug]

Saelethil
2021-01-25, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

My initial thought was to have it replace one of their attacks when they take the Attack Action (which would also prevent it from stacking with spells) but I thought bonus action would be cleaner. I mainly just don’t want to take fighting away from the fighter of that makes sense.