PDA

View Full Version : Faerun artifact locations?

schreier
2021-01-04, 11:06 AM
For generic artifacts in Faerun - what have people done?

I know the Herald's location is supposed to store some (Herald's Holdfast (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Herald%27s_Holdfast)), and I'm thinking Myth Drannor would be good ...

I'm trying to determine where to find two items - Durakistad Coin and Shield of Prator ...

Any suggestions? Shield of Prator could be in Baldur's Gate maybe, somehow relate it to Descent into Avernus (although that is like 100 years + after 3.5 I think). The elven nation of Siluvanede dealt with demons, not devils, but could somehow tie in?

Horus seems like a good fit for Prator to worship, so could relate to Imaskari bringing over the egyptians?

I'm thinking Durakistad would be from outside Faerun, so would maybe find plane traveling?

Efrate
2021-01-04, 02:34 PM
Elminster's tower. He seeds treasure into dungeons, so he may conceivably have artifacts for high level dungeons.

The underdark is another great place. Anywhere that is super hard for most to reach. The moon(s), city of Shade, Thay, Waterdeep, Undermountain. Ruler of Calimshan likely has several as trophies. Forgotten temples deep in Chult. Elvan homelands, deep undersea. Under or inside a glacier in ice wind dale.

Figure out where you want your party to go,and put an otherwise unknown dungeon in that environment.

schreier
2021-01-05, 10:23 AM
City of Shade is a good idea ... it is interesting that there seem to be several tie-ins with demons but not nearly as many with devils before the new Baldur's Gate Avernus game