PDA

View Full Version : Sociologists in the Playground

PlatinumJester
2007-11-06, 02:27 PM
Can someone please tell me what the hell Compensatory Eudcation is and/or give me a useful easy to understand link explaining it.

My bastard teacher sked me to write an essay on it and I don't know what it is.

P.S. if it is somehow political then please say so.

smellie_hippie
2007-11-06, 03:19 PM
I'm not sure, but this may have something to do with 504 plans or IEP plans.

504 is a plan established for special educations students.

IEP (Individualized Education Plan) is a special set of circumstances arranged for children with needs (behavioral or tutorial) that can include having tests given orally, resource assistance for math or special accomodations for medications or even dietary needs.

Not sure if this helps or is even in the right line of thinking... but it's a start.

PlatinumJester
2007-11-06, 03:22 PM
I'm not sure, but this may have something to do with 504 plans or IEP plans.

504 is a plan established for special educations students.

IEP (Individualized Education Plan) is a special set of circumstances arranged for children with needs (behavioral or tutorial) that can include having tests given orally, resource assistance for math or special accomodations for medications or even dietary needs.

Not sure if this helps or is even in the right line of thinking... but it's a start.

I was thinking more City Academies or Educational Awareness Zones (or something like that). Thanks anyway though.

smellie_hippie
2007-11-06, 03:44 PM
I was thinking more City Academies or Educational Awareness Zones (or something like that). Thanks anyway though.

Ah. I gots nothin... sorry. :smallfrown:

Scratch that..... does it have anythign to do with educational vouchers? Free and reduced lunches? School provided education materials for low-income families? :smallconfused:

PlatinumJester
2007-11-06, 04:01 PM
Ah. I gots nothin... sorry. :smallfrown:

Scratch that..... does it have anythign to do with educational vouchers? Free and reduced lunches? School provided education materials for low-income families? :smallconfused:

Something like that but it doesn't matter now because I found some notes to use. Sorry for making you waste your time.

smellie_hippie
2007-11-06, 04:16 PM
Not a waste. Good luck! :smallsmile: