PDA

View Full Version : Best one-shot

Kishigane
2021-01-06, 01:15 AM
What is your favorite one-shot campaign? (no homebrew)

KaussH
2021-01-06, 01:29 AM
Anything call of cuthulu. Its great for one shots and arcs.

Khedrac
2021-01-06, 02:57 AM
What is your favorite one-shot campaign? (no homebrew)

Err, as an old-school AD&D player orignally the terms "one-shot" and "campaign" mean pretty much opposite things to me.

I would put forward as a contender for the best one-shot module: UK7: Dark Clouds Gather

Junbug
2021-01-07, 01:42 AM
I've always been fond of Stealth Train, from Paranoia, it's really silly.

Alcore
2021-01-07, 02:19 AM
This was before We Be Goblins Too was a thing; We Be Goblins!

It had just been released so i did not own it. I felt offended when my first goblin was called out as too dark. For context the only lore i had for goblins from Golarion at that time came from the Advanced Rage Guide. In it was infant endangerment, cannibalism and much more Chaotic Evil than orcs ever had. All of which was incorporated into my character; the module was a PG-13 comedy that was a sharp betrayal of established goblins.

Did the GM not read the core books? :smallconfused:

We had fun. Our all caster party did quite well; on a challenge our wizard rolled a 7 for stealth. The oposing goblins rolled a 4. So there he was standing in the open holding two branches pretending to be a tree. The chasing goblins double backed on themselves confused each other for the target and clobered each other. We even took a shortcut on the beached ship. By shortcut i mean me (alchemist) and our oracle both shot at the guardian with firy explosions. GM had fun with it; we turned the guardian into red paste, blew a hole in the ceiling of the boss room and knocked over the mast.

All in a good day's work.