PDA

View Full Version : Constructs and Magic enhancements

BizzaroStormy
2007-11-06, 02:36 PM
Since the "natural" weapons of a contruct arent really natural, can they get enchantments such as keen or vorpal?

Altair_the_Vexed
2007-11-06, 02:38 PM
I'd rule that they can. It makes horrible sense, doesn't it? Why build a big metal killing machine if you can't make those blades at least keen?

Jasdoif
2007-11-06, 03:53 PM
RAW, no. They're still a physical part of the creature, which is the definition of a "natural weapon".

leperkhaun
2007-11-06, 04:10 PM
i dont think you can enchant thier fists.

However, There is nothing to say you cant build into it gauntlets with slashing spikes and pay seperatly to enchant that or build any type of weapon instead of a hand or into its hand.

Also some constructs are built with such weaponery and depending on your world and DM i dont see why he wouldnt allow you to construct a non-standard construct.

BizzaroStormy
2007-11-06, 09:20 PM
I'm wanting to put enhancements on the teeth and claws of a tiger effigy. While the weapons are technically a part of it, theyre also manufactured, the whole damn thing is manufactured.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-06, 09:33 PM
Effigy master, I take. Nah, claws and teeth, even mechanical ones, are natural weapons. They're inherent to the type of creature, so they can't be modded. Now, you could make the whole effigy constantly flaming, or have mechanical gizmos on the teeth that makes it spit out acid when it bites, but you shouldn't be able to enchant the teeth and claws.

Plus, effigy master is terribly broken already. Don't be sadistic and please, don't look for extra ways of pimping it out.

BizzaroStormy
2007-11-06, 09:40 PM
Well, im sorry to say that I am sadistic. ...wait, no im not sorry. Anywho I've got 23HD of dire tiger and 400,000g to work with. Just a few more levels and the pathetic mortals will have to deal with the mecha-tarrasque. you spoke of acid-breath and fire, which book would i find this stuff in?

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-06, 09:47 PM
None. Plain and old homebrew, and lots of imagination. I guess you could replicate what I said with a spell for creating and controlling flames and a permanence for the first thing, and an (Ex) ability that says that, every time an attack overcomes the AC of the target, your effigy spits acid into the target for 3d6 damage, and you make this through true creation and permanence (again, permanence is an effigy master's best friend). As long as you imagine it and work out a cost, effigy master can do it.

Oh, and try a Displacer beast Pack lord, with extra twinks. It's tons of fun. I only switched it after a battle with a (damaged, or course) colossus. For a whateva-the-LG-outsider-dragon-is-called.