PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Looking For Infiltration PrC

Thurbane
2021-01-06, 05:36 PM
Looking for a PrC for a monstrous NPC. It's a very non-human monster that uses shape shifting to masquerade as a humanoid.

I'm looking for PrCs that give things like always-on Nondetection, ability to hide alignment, and/or otherwise blend in with the general populace.

Any suggestions? Non-casting classes preferred. Only official 3.5 stuff please; no PF, no 3rd party, no homebrew, and preferably no Dragon or Dungeon.

Cheers - T

Gorthawar
2021-01-06, 06:12 PM
If you don't mind being evil I'd say Zhentarim Spy from PGtF should work. Undetectable alignment at lvl 2, deep cover at lvl 5 and some big boni on disguise etc. Spymaster from CAdv is pretty much the same without the alignment restriction but requires lvl 7 for deep cover. Hope that helps.

Thurbane
2021-01-06, 06:32 PM
If you don't mind being evil I'd say Zhentarim Spy from PGtF should work. Undetectable alignment at lvl 2, deep cover at lvl 5 and some big boni on disguise etc. Spymaster from CAdv is pretty much the same without the alignment restriction but requires lvl 7 for deep cover. Hope that helps.

Character is definitely evil, so I'll look into that, thanks.

There's also Dark Lantern for Nondetection at 3rd level, that I've found.

Doctor Despair
2021-01-06, 07:37 PM
I was gonna suggest Zhentarim Spy / Spymaster, but I'll add that Wildshape Ranger as an entry to Master of Many Forms would be good for lots of disguises. Folks with Vatic Gaze can penetrate a lot of disguises by checking whether you have arcane/divine/no spellcasting, so Chameleon can be helpful for that. If race weren't pre-selected, I'd emphasize the value of Racial Emulation.

If you just want cheap non-detection, God Blooded of Vecna gives immunity to all divination for LA1. You need a lil arcane spellcasting, but you can get that with Sanctum Spell or Versatile Spellcaster (and maybe a Bloodline feat, or Heighten Spell) with a 1-level dip into a spellcasting class.

Edit: If you specifically want humanoids, you can go Urban Druid, too, since that grants humanoids at level 5.

Gorthawar
2021-01-07, 08:25 AM
There's also Dark Lantern for Nondetection at 3rd level, that I've found.

That's a nice class as well. I'm just a little weary of relying on the scaling of non-detection on prestige classes. Dark lantern is better than most but it is still capped at a CL check of 25 and gives casters of the same level a 50% chance to succeed.
If you can qualify as a dragonmarked race the Heir of Siberys gets mind blank as a spell like ability at ECL14 which will solve most of your problems.

Gruftzwerg
2021-01-07, 10:54 AM
Nondetection (or similar ability) PRC (that haven't been mentioned):

Disciple of Mammon (BoVD) 9th lvl Nondetection (SP)

Chaotican 1st lvl Scofflaw (SU) (nondectection against lawful only)

Defiant 7th lvl Nondetection (SU)

Jordain Vizier 1st lvl Arcane Nondetection (EX)(only works against arcane detection effects)

Master of Masks 2nd lvl Faceless Mask (even if enemy overcomes it, your alignment is still shown as neutral)

Occult Slayer 4th Nondetection Cloak (SU) (counts for the occult slayer and his posession)

Unseen Seer 5th Guarded Mind (SU) (nondetection)

Vigilant Sentinel of Aerenal 1st Nondetection (SU)

Wild Mage 6th Chaotic Mind (SU) (Nondetection plus immunity to confusion and insanity)

Doctor Despair
2021-01-07, 11:02 AM
Fiend of Possession technically gets you the ability to hide from just about anything while possessing an object or creature

Thurbane
2021-01-07, 06:40 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Leaning towards Dark Lantern X/Zhentarim Spy X at this stage. I'll just re-fluff the classes to get rid of the setting-specific stuff.

Other than the fluff, these two classes seem to be a good fit for what I'm looking for.

ShurikVch
2021-01-09, 10:47 AM
Besides the all aforementioned: Ebon Saint (Complete Psionic)
Disappear from the Mind can help to cover your tracks (Cloud Mind (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/cloudMind.htm) on those who you Dire Strike non-lethally and spend 5 pp);
if you stay out of victim's sight for 1 minute, and later don't cause any lethal damage to them within 24 hour, victim will forget completely they even seen you;
ability doesn't work on those who you damaged lethally within 24 hours

Steal Form allow to alter self (CL = class level) into the victim of your Dire Strike for up to 50 minutes per 24 hours - can be switched "on/off" as a full-round action (combine with Assume Supernatural Ability for fun and profit)

PoeticallyPsyco
2021-01-11, 07:53 PM
Master of Masks is always flavorful, and as far as I know it's literally impossible to bypass the alignment hiding effects of their masks.