PDA

View Full Version : My triumphant return ;)

jkdjr25
2007-11-06, 03:48 PM
Hey everyone. I have returned. I'm sorry for my long absence but back in April I had a bit of a problem; namely a four day hospital stay. Its an interesting thing when a nurse checks your blood and asks why you're still alive. Although, to be fair, I DID have the lowest blood count that they'd ever seen, 2.5 or so if I remember right. I'm feeling smooth now though, although I do take iron supplements now.

It should be noted that I was diagnosed with anemia, but the punch line was that it was mystery anemia. They did try to find out why I was anemic. Twice, actually, but I quit breathing during both attempts and the second time it took them 40 min. to get me breathing normally and on my own again.

As I said though I'm cool now and I wanted to say hi again to everyone and a hale and hearty greetings to anyone that's new.

InaVegt
2007-11-06, 03:50 PM
Who the *beep* are you?

topher
2007-11-06, 03:52 PM
welcome back, even though you were before my time.:smallsmile:
glad to here you have recovered.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-11-06, 03:53 PM
Who the *beep* are you?
Does that matter? He came, saw, fell ill, conquered, and returned, using proper grammar and everything! :smallsmile:

Ummm...That said, welcome back...whoever you are. :smallbiggrin:

jkdjr25
2007-11-06, 03:54 PM
Who the *beep* are you?

I was a semi-regular poster until my near death experience. :smalltongue:
Other than that just another gamer. :)

iamkoolerthanu
2007-11-06, 03:56 PM
Welcome back even though I have no idea who you are!!

Rockphed
2007-11-06, 03:57 PM
The first word out of my mouth when I saw this was "Pixie!"

Welcome back! Now, use the Be Well!

Narmoth
2007-11-06, 04:02 PM
Welcome back!
Glad you made it through hospital.
I'm shure there's some revard for such an occasion. I'll check it up for you

Telonius
2007-11-06, 04:07 PM
I would suggest taking up vampirism. Or your medicine. Either way, welcome back!

jkdjr25
2007-11-06, 04:20 PM
Many thanks all.

Ego Slayer
2007-11-06, 04:20 PM
Can't say I recognize you, but no matter. Welcome back. :smallsmile:

Sir_Norbert
2007-11-06, 05:28 PM
So brutally honest. Nothing less from our resident slayer of egos :elan:

FoE
2007-11-06, 05:50 PM
What, the anemia kept you from using a computer? "Ooh, I have problems with my hemoglobin! Pay attention to me and pity me!" What a whiner.

((Just kidding. Seriously, though, I do want to make a point that anyone starting a thread to announce their return should just post in Friendly Banter or the Welcome New Members thread. It's not like we're all waiting with baited breath for you to show up again.))

Trog
2007-11-06, 06:02 PM
*hands stoneskin scroll and a package of Bernie Botts Ball Bearings to chew on for extra iron.*

Glad you're well.

*digs out a small notebook full of numbers*

Now... about that bar tab you skipped out on...

Sisqui
2007-11-06, 07:41 PM
What, the anemia kept you from using a computer? "Ooh, I have problems with my hemoglobin! Pay attention to me and pity me!" What a whiner.

((Seriously, anyone starting a thread to announce their return should just post in Friendly Banter or the Welcome New Members thread. It's not like we're waiting with bated breath for you to show up again.))

How utterly pleasant. What a ray of sunshine you are. :smallsigh:

As for you jkdjr25, welcome back, from one anemic to another- although mine is my own fault for donating blood every 8 weeks. I also have to take iron supplements. If you haven't figured it out the hard way yet, eat when you take them! I used to get sick to my stomach every time :smalleek:

On a related and somewhat shameless note: donate blood- save a life!(please :smallsmile: )

Ivellios
2007-11-06, 08:10 PM
Hey! You're that one guy, who said something about that thing...You know, that one time...

Welcome back.

jkdjr25
2007-11-06, 09:45 PM
How utterly pleasant. What a ray of sunshine you are. :smallsigh:

As for you jkdjr25, welcome back, from one anemic to another- although mine is my own fault for donating blood every 8 weeks. I also have to take iron supplements. If you haven't figured it out the hard way yet, eat when you take them! I used to get sick to my stomach every time :smalleek:

On a related and somewhat shameless note: donate blood- save a life!(please :smallsmile: )

I learned that pretty quick actually. Thank you though.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-11-06, 10:50 PM
Tch, am I the only one who recognises the poor kid? I can't say I remember what was posted but I do recognise the name and avatar... :smalltongue:

Ego Slayer
2007-11-06, 10:52 PM
Tch, am I the only one who recognises the poor kid? I can't say I remember what was posted but I do recognise the name and avatar... :smalltongue:
Really? I don't recognize that avatar. :smallamused:

Whaaaat? I'm kidding.

Raiser Blade
2007-11-07, 01:25 AM
Welcome back and i'm glad your feeling better. :smallsmile:

InaVegt
2007-11-07, 01:27 AM
I might've recognized the avatar, if I had them turned on. But since I find it quite annoying to look at all the texts saying 'this person's avatar' when using w3m I have turned them off.

FoE
2007-11-07, 01:40 AM
Calm down, I was being overly insensitive as a joke. Honestly, who insults a person based on a serious medical condition? :smallbiggrin:

Sure, I've done some terrible things in my life, but I'm no monster.

Wellllllll, I'm not a total monster. I did once run over a guy with my car, but in fairness he shouldn't have been jogging that early in the morning on a foggy day.

Wellllllll, it was really more misty than it was foggy, but it was still pretty early in the morning. I mean, who jogs at 11 a.m.? I tell you. But it's not like I killed his family afterwards.

Welllllll, I didn't kill all of his family. I did leave the youngest daughter alive. But she did grow up to be a productive member of society-ish. When she's not drinking. Or, umm, smoking crystal meth to hide the pain.

(Notes uncomfortable silence, yawns) Welllllllll, better be hitting the ol' dusty trail.

(Runs away)

Midnight Son
2007-11-07, 01:53 AM
*Throws a palm tree at jkdr25.*

Palms are the right thing for triumphant returns, right?

Raiser Blade
2007-11-07, 01:58 AM
*snip*
(Runs away)

Well maybe you should make it a little more obvious that your joking. You might accidentaly insult someone.

However i understand and indeed i did find it strange that you were being so "rude".

banjo1985
2007-11-07, 04:16 AM
You were before my time, but welcome back! I also recommend vampirism...keeps the bloodcount up nice and high :smallbiggrin:

And don't mind about Face of Evil, I know him well enough on these forums to say that the first post was definitely a joke, though I must be honest it didn't read like one :smalleek:

Trog
2007-11-07, 10:25 AM
Sure, I've done some terrible things in my life, but I'm no monster.

Wellllllll, I'm not a total monster. I did once run over a guy with my car, but in fairness he shouldn't have been jogging that early in the morning on a foggy day.

Wellllllll, it was really more misty than it was foggy, but it was still pretty early in the morning. I mean, who jogs at 11 a.m.? I tell you. But it's not like I killed his family afterwards.

Welllllll, I didn't kill all of his family. I did leave the youngest daughter alive. But she did grow up to be a productive member of society-ish. When she's not drinking. Or, umm, smoking crystal meth to hide the pain.

(Notes uncomfortable silence, yawns) Welllllllll, better be hitting the ol' dusty trail.

(Runs away)

This ^ was my laugh for the day. :smallbiggrin: