PDA

View Full Version : Puzzled Where is the monster in the darkness?

Precure
2021-01-08, 01:32 PM
I don't remember ever seeing him since Durkon's meeting with Redcloak. Did they forgot to bring him into the hunt, or is he busy with something else?

Quebbster
2021-01-08, 01:48 PM
I don't remember ever seeing him since Durkon's meeting with Redcloak. Did they forgot to bring him into the hunt, or is he busy with something else?

TBD. It's not like this is a planned expedition, Oona and Xykon just showed up when the fighting caught their attention. The MitD may not have noticed the scuffle yet.

snowblizz
2021-01-08, 02:20 PM
I'm waiting for MitD to show up there and go "oooh hey Flopsy! How's Mr Stiffly? Is he with you?"

KorvinStarmast
2021-01-08, 03:39 PM
Where is the monster in the darkness?
Somewhere, under umbrella

Sung to the tune of
Somewhere, over the rainbow

Hmm, prospective lyrics opening ...

Somewhere, under umbrella
Dark and shy
There's a monster I know
Whose stew habit makes me sigh .

Emanick
2021-01-08, 04:10 PM
Where is the monster in the darkness? Probably somewhere towards the front, since we can see his eyes.

DavidBV
2021-01-09, 04:06 AM
If anything, the absence of MitD made clear this was not going to be the final showdown.

Mic_128
2021-01-09, 10:41 AM
If anything, the absence of MitD made clear this was not going to be the final showdown.

That plus it's the very start of a book? Did people really think that the final show down would be happening so soon?

WanderingMist
2021-01-09, 01:54 PM

He's probably still under his umbrella.

Finagle
2021-01-10, 07:11 PM
He needs to be away from the rest of Team Evil first so he can fulfil his cliche ("You never do anything around here!") and second so that when O-chul escapes his captors, he can meet separately with MITD and turn him to the good guys side. Thus when Xykon finally reveals MITD as a giant space hamster and dramatically orders him to crush the Order of the Stick, MITD turns on Xykon and destroys him. Redcloak drops his phylactery into a volcano, the Dark One uses his purple quiddity to seal Serini's gate forever, and they all live happily ever after with social justice for the oppressed goblins. And treasure.