PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Metallic (variable Warforged feat, apologies for puns)

rferries
2021-01-09, 03:06 PM
Metallic [Racial]
You have incorporated additional metal components into your anatomy.

Prerequisites
Construct, character level 3rd.

Benefit
Choose two of the abilities from the table below. You gain the associated benefits.

Ability
Effect

Bold As Brass
You gain a +4 bonus on saving throws against fear effects.

Brass Knuckles
You gain Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat.

Chrome Dome
You gain a +2 bonus on Intelligence-based checks.

Copper Skin
Your natural armour bonus increases by +2.

Heart Of Gold
You gain the alignment subtypes that correspond with your alignment.

Iron Fist
Your unarmed strikes count as cold iron.

Iron Stomach
You gain a +2 bonus on Constitution-based and Strength-based checks.

Iron Will
You gain Iron Will as a bonus feat.

Lead Foot
Your land speed increases by +10 ft.

Mercurial
You gain a +4 bonus on saves against compulsion effects.

Mind Like A Steel Trap
You gain a +2 bonus on Wisdom-based checks.

Nerves Of Steel
You gain a +2 bonus on Dexterity-based checks.

Silver Tongue
You gain a +2 bonus on Charisma-based checks.

Tin Ear
You gain Blind-Fight as a bonus feat.

Special
You may select this feat more than once, each time choosing two additional abilities that you have not already gained.

Add your own! There's still brass ball( bearing)s, buns of steel, gold digger, golden touch, good as gold, metalhead, platinum blonde, rule with an iron fist, silence is golden, silver fox, sterling reputation, tinfoil hat, worth your weight in gold, etc

noob
2021-01-10, 03:10 PM
Does Mind Like A Steel Trap apply to will saves?

rferries
2021-01-11, 12:42 PM
No, just skill checks and Wisdom ability checks.

sktarq
2021-01-11, 01:06 PM
Well I'm not sure well all the names line up.

Like Nerves of steel: I generally think of nerves of steel as being able to face off against threats and not shake, demure, or back down....Those things imply anti-fear bonus, or maybe a will save (to cover everything from concentration, compulsion, etc)...its mental constitution. Dex bonus makes think of conductivity.

Also Iron Stomach seems....rather overpowered in comparison to the others...I mean its TWO attribute bonus vs the singles for things like silver tongue, chrome dome, etc.

noob
2021-01-11, 01:16 PM
Well I'm not sure well all the names line up.

Like Nerves of steel: I generally think of nerves of steel as being able to face off against threats and not shake, demure, or back down....Those things imply anti-fear bonus, or maybe a will save (to cover everything from concentration, compulsion, etc)...its mental constitution. Dex bonus makes think of conductivity.

Also Iron Stomach seems....rather overpowered in comparison to the others...I mean its TWO attribute bonus vs the singles for things like silver tongue, chrome dome, etc.

It is not attribute bonuses it is bonus to skill checks and ability checks based on those attributes.
On a caster there is one skill check that is good and it is concentration and their lack of focus on str will make them not be so good for jumping or swimming.
On a non caster the con thing is near irrelevant and so it ends up being like only having a bonus to str skills and str checks.