PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What if a symbiote like venom fused w / a nonlethal diplomat (build advice plz)

Blind_Prophet
2021-01-10, 12:18 AM
Watched Venom (2018) the other day with a friend and thought it would be fun to roll up a symbiote character, i nosed through various classes and archetypes but synth summoner especially a Soulbound synth unchained summoner is just too perfect for it to do anything else, heres my random musing, no idea if id ever play it but it was fun to mess around with....

oh and for reference my thought is that my Aasimar Elf spent a little over the first third (roughly 300years) of his life mediating, studying and meditating (plan to take the breadth of knowledge feat) so unlike most his mind can handle the influence of the symbiote w/o going insane (others may beg to differ when he is seen arguing with himself lol :P) and he gains more than most from the symbiote because hes much less physically adept than even his non-celestial elven brethren due to age and life style so a win-win situation for both of them.

Aasimar subtype i was thinking agathion because their bestial humanoids which feels very elvish to me (the connection to nature thing)...local wise man type thing uses their vast knowledge to help others, not quite a pacifist (especially post-symbiote) but always tries the diplomatic approach first, might try to make a non-lethal character if theres enough support for that

I also think it would be fun to either roleplay two characters or have whoever the DM is roleplay the symbiote as long as the personality is worked out beforehand and taking the campaign into account...ie. no eating random civilians outside of hells venegance (the latter being best for a 1-on-1 game so theres always someone to talk too...obviously this isnt a necessity just an idea if the DM finds it interesting, again more aimed at a 1-on-1 campaign otherwise itll be fun to roleplay 2 characters)

agathion eidolons are one of the few eidolon types that allow for an abberant base form (the others being daemonm, demon and quite confusingly abberant)

so basically the eidolon would be an abberant agathion eidolon or an aberrant aberrant eidolon since demon nor daemon would work fluff wise id think

as funny as abberant aberrant is an agathion gets both of these

Speak with Animals (Su): This ability works like speak with Animals (caster level equal to the agathion’s Hit Dice): but is a free action and does not require sound.
Truespeech (Su): All agathions can speak with any creature that has a language, as though using a tongues spell (caster level equal to angel’s Hit Dice). This ability is always active.

which would be very useful for a moderaator

not until 12 and 16th level but still fun, and espeically for a 1-on-1 campign they also get lay on hands, again still useful for a normal campaign just saying

oh and this is what the abberant base form starts w/ (bite, tentacle mass ,grab [tentacle mass]) very appropriate for how venom functions in the movie (which ive heard is actualy pretty close to the comic venom but admittedly i dont know the character very well)

random thought is to pick up a level of any class that grants sneak atack (preferably the somewhat less murderous ones and take a bunch of the accomplished sneak attack feats combined with the sap line for lots of non lethal sneak attack fun

that would obviously not work much if it was a 1-on-1 campaign unless it was a gestalt (which is quite common for 1-on-1 campaign fluff wise might be fun for the second class to be the "symbiotes" class, that would not be RAW but neither is gestalt) in which cause i likely take ninja since its cha based and can go invisible as a swift action or a class that grants an animal companion & sneak attack (off the top of my head carnivalist unchained rogue would be appropriate and aberrant eidolons have a VERY SLIGHTLY better dex than str so thats a minor boost)...if not 1-on-1 i just gotta make sure there's another melee in the group or i could pick up animal ally feat.

anyways here's the tl:dr so far

Class: Unchained Soulbound Synthesist Summoner
Alignment: Both Neutral Good
Race: Agathion Aasimar Elf (Racial: +2 Con, +2 Cha & +2 Wis [Replaces SLA])
Stats: STR 4 / DEX 4 / CON 12 / INT 16 / WIS 16 / CHA 22 (Post-Racial/Age Mods)
Eidolon: Aberrant Agathion (Starts w/ Bite, Tentacle Mass & Grab, get reach ASAP to feel more "symbiote-like")
Fluff: An old Elven Sage who prefers to mediate but will defend self when necessary, sometimes the soulbound eidolon (aka symbiote) thinks its necessary before the Host but regardless uses non-lethal damage.
Feats: Bludgeoner & Breadth of Knowledge
Favored: Reduce Eidolon Summon x 9 (Total = 1/rd summon instead of 10/rd), Add DR/Evil x 11 (total = DR 5/Evil, or iow DR 1 + 1/2 DR/Evil per level)

Blind_Prophet
2021-01-10, 12:26 AM
Note: Despite obviously playing a bit loose w/ paizo rule (ie. optional gestalt mentioned,mixing synth archetype w/ any other archetype) id appreciate if we generally stuck to 1st party materials

Blind_Prophet
2021-01-10, 11:38 AM
one thing i thought of is instead of abberant base form i could take the leshy caller archetype and take one of those base forms rapidly shifting leaves, vines and bark coul;d achieve similar affects as the "goo" that is venom but feel more elvish anf fantasy like at the same time, with the idea that over time the elf has slowly merged with the forest he dwells in and formed a symbiotic relationship with it which is quite common with plant life. This would make the availible sub-types more flexible but i think agathion would still be quite appropriate. The only issue would be how to roleplay what is essentially a hive mind of all the plants, animals etc. that make up the forest he's linked with, maybe make it mnore a single plant he cultivated that eventually formed a rudimentary sentience, something along those lines. Really just spitballing here.

Blind_Prophet
2021-01-10, 03:07 PM
This is roughly what im thinking (just grabbed an image off google) if one of my DMs find this character interesting ill likely commission something similar except you can see the ancient elf inside the plant/tree creature and likely have one of the arms raised like its flicking its wrist and "tentacle-like" vines shooting off to the side like how venom uses his goo.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/b6/e7/c0/b6e7c07ce62424bb9e227990076c93cc.jpg