PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder PF looking for armour and feat recommendations. Also your opinion. Half-giant Psywar

BloodSnake'sCha
2021-01-11, 12:21 AM
Hello guys :)

That is about the PF that is like 3.5e, not the new one people talks about.

So I am finishing my Half-Giant Psywar(I wanted to take something that will get me to bab16 and power level 9 but didn't like the other psionic classes powers).

I am planning to take the mind knight path with the pathmaster variant because I want to focus on call weapon.
His weapon should be that character imagery friend called Jim.

I want the feats:
Mind Knight’s Arsenal
Mind Blade Knight
(Someone said keen Swatter???)
Awesome Blow
psionic Meditation
psicrystal affinity and psicrystal containment(optional)
Psionic weapon(I think I have to take it for the other feats).

I will start at level 2(all the others start at 3) because I am a half giant(I didn't understand how the level chech-up mechanic in PF work. The equivalent to LA buyoff).
We are playing Darksun.

My stats are(after racial. 20 points point buy):
24 str
8 dex
16 con
4 int
15 wis
5 cha
(I will be happy if someone have a better idea for the stats).

The main problem it that I only have 2 skill points and need 4 to take Psionic Meditation.

I need to choose 2 traits(have no idea what to take)

I have a flaw(the one that need 20 str and make you accidentally break stuff).

I plan on using Expansion for hard combats. Call weaponry, inertial armor for my regular weapon and armour (can always be kept active, I can just use my focus to keep them active all day. It will be funny that every few minutes I will look for my imaginary friend Jim the Swatter).

Should I look for other armour for the start to use instead of inertial armor power?

What others early powers you think I should take?

Edit:
I am considering to take 5-8 levels in war mind for the extra BAB and his nice abilities.

Edit 2:

Here the Half-Giant stats we use from Darksun campaign book:

+6 Strength, +4 Constitution, -2 Dexterity, -4 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Half-giants are very powerful and tough, but
their size makes them clumsy, and they are famously dimwitted.
Large: Half-giants take a -1 penalty to Armor Class and attack rolls due to their size. However, they have a reach of 10 ft.
The base price of equipment for large creatures is twice that listed in the Equipment chapter.
Movement: Half-giant base land speed is 40 feet.
Darkvision: Half-giants can see in darkness out to 60 feet.
Natural Armor: Half-giants have thick, leathery skin which grants them a +2 natural armor bonus to AC.
Natural Psionics: Half-giants gain 1 bonus power point at 1st level, thereby allowing them to qualify for psionic feats.
Malleable Alignment: When creating a half-giant character, choose one axis of his alignment (good/evil or law/chaos) to
be fixed. The other axis may be changed once each day when the half-giant wakes. Half-giants often find interesting
members of other species to pattern themselves on, and adopt the personality characteristics of their “little masters.”
A little master usually has a strong personality, but half-giants may change allegiance (and identity) without warning.
Racial Weapon: Half-giants treat the swatter as a martial weapon.
Language: Half-giant characters automatically speak Common.
Level Adjustment: Half-giant characters count as 1 level higher for the purposes of determining their character level. For
example, a 1st-level half-giant barbarian would count as a 2nd level character when determining his strength in the
group and the experience he needs to level up.

burpbot
2021-01-11, 05:14 AM
Pretty sure around these parts, Pathfinder 1st ED is still the more popular one.

BloodSnake'sCha
2021-01-11, 05:26 AM
Pretty sure around these parts, Pathfinder 1st ED is still the more popular one.

I didn't know there was 2e and people asked me before what I am talking about.

Railak
2021-01-12, 11:30 AM
Well inertial armor is nice, and I'm guessing you're starting at level 1? I guess the other question is how much min/max are you wanting?
If your DM(GM) allows, there is a system of piecemeal armor in Ultimate Combat, where you can mix and match armor pieces. For 40 gp you can have medium armor with +8 armor, max dex of +3, and an armor check penalty of -5. It's four mirror chest with scale mail arms and legs.

BloodSnake'sCha
2021-01-13, 10:40 AM
Well inertial armor is nice, and I'm guessing you're starting at level 1? I guess the other question is how much min/max are you wanting?
If your DM(GM) allows, there is a system of piecemeal armor in Ultimate Combat, where you can mix and match armor pieces. For 40 gp you can have medium armor with +8 armor, max dex of +3, and an armor check penalty of -5. It's four mirror chest with scale mail arms and legs.

I am starting at level 2(my bad, forgot to add it).

As I have a -1 dex mod I don't think I care for max dex bonus (I am considering to take dex to 6 and raise con, I plan to take Biokinetic Shielding in order to get con to AC when I am focused. DM allowed me to delay my feats for it as it requires psionic Meditation and another feat that gives thp when you gain focus).

For now as the DM said we can start with any armour, weapon and adventuring gear we want so I have bone full plate. I guess we will lose everything soon(we start to play next week).
I only have the call weaponry power from my path, I will get inertial armour at level 3.

I don't want to bring custom armours to the table.

I am open to as much min-maxsing I can do in regards to make me hit harder with a fancy swatter(exotic/ martial for Half-Giants)
It is a two handed 3d6 x4 weapon (I am large).

At level 9 I will be able to make it keen.
From what I saw crit range stacking doesn't exist in PF.
So I will be happy to find stuff that will allow me to make more comically large crits.

I will probably get the feat that gives me +2hp for each psionic feat I have so I will be happy for psionic feats recommendations.
I mainly plan to use self buffs.

My main problems is that I feel like I missed something important. This build is too easy to make.