PDA

View Full Version : Free alchemical items, on demand.

SangoProduction
2021-01-13, 03:31 AM
So, say you can simply summon mundane alchemical items (including poisons) as a standard action. It disappears 1 hour after it's summoned, and cannot be sold due to this fact being obvious, somehow.
The maximum cost of the item is limited by the gold value, depending on character level though.

lvl ....gp
1st ...25
2nd ..50
3rd ..75
4th...100
5th...250
6th...300
7th...350

What are the most notable alchemical items you would summon if you could do so as described above?

Firest Kathon
2021-01-13, 09:46 AM
Is there a limit per day? If not, I would permanently keep up Antitoxin/Antiplague and similar things.

Psyren
2021-01-13, 11:12 AM
Is there a limit per day? If not, I would permanently keep up Antitoxin/Antiplague and similar things.

I'm guessing it's a Spheres ability which would make it at-will, give or take a tradition of some kind.

@OP: There's an alchemical items handbook (https://lbannenb.home.xs4all.nl/Guides/Alchemy.pdf) that should help you pick the good ones. Weapon Blanches + arrows are a pretty good one at low levels, particularly for bypassing annoying DR/cold iron and DR/silver at 1st level using your table.

Vizzerdrix
2021-01-13, 11:41 AM
Shapesand would be a must. Go look up the lantan/gnome artificer PrC from magic of faerun.

Dither bombs, egg shell grenades, tanglefoot bags, trail bars, everything in comp mage, stone breaker acid and healing salve are all close seconds.