PDA

View Full Version : Why Do the Assains wait till now

Water_Walker
2007-11-06, 09:32 PM
Ok why would the ninjas wait untill now to kill Hinjo compared to as soon as they left AC.

Then
Hinjo is badly injured
Both of the casters are out of spells.
NO one is expecting a attack
There are few soldiers

Now
Every one is fully healed
All the casters have all thier spells
There are more soldiers.

Fish
2007-11-06, 09:48 PM
Because after a major battle in which everybody human-shaped is under constant attack,

Then:
The assassins are injured
The assassin mages are out of spells
They have to maintain their cover or they'll be pitched over the side for the hobgoblins
There's nowhere to escape to

Now:
The assassins are healed up
All the assassin-mages have their spells
Their patrons have had time to organize a mutiny
They know where they can escape to — because they know which of Azure City's allies are willing to shelter them

Seems to make sense to me.

MCerberus
2007-11-06, 09:49 PM
Approaching a ship with the leader of the city and then he died from ninja attack would have too good of a chance to give away the identity of the assassins' employer.

jamroar
2007-11-06, 09:54 PM
Approaching a ship with the leader of the city and then he died from ninja attack would have too good of a chance to give away the identity of the assassins' employer.

And after that, Hinjo has been port hopping for months on his diplomatic mission, and it may not have been possible to insert an assassin into his trusted retinue.

The_Cardinal
2007-11-06, 10:07 PM
Now: Hinjo has had a few drinks and is guarded only by a northerner with golden hair, sparkling blue eyes, creamy skin, lithe but well-muscled body and inviting lips.

Hinjo is doomed.

Baidas Kebante
2007-11-06, 10:17 PM
Hinjo is doomed.

And after the long wait, Elan's finally getting some action again.

Maratanos
2007-11-06, 10:29 PM
Let's be honest. There is only one reason. Anything else is just a ret-con.

It's called... dramatic convenience.

What else? They weren't gonna do it DURING the Roy arc. And having it right AFTERWARDS makes the storytelling flow better than any so-called "filler" that might be in the meantime.

Green Bean
2007-11-06, 10:42 PM
And after the long wait, Elan's finally getting some action again.

Elan's getting some action with a ninja, and the best place to do it is Hinjo's junk? :smallbiggrin:

NeonRonin
2007-11-06, 11:28 PM
Am I the only one who gets the feeling that...

Even if there is a ninja assault and they can get to Hinjo, something is going to come along and interrupt everything at a crucial moment, and it's NOT going to have anything to do with Elan winning over the "Bond girl" orcish ninja?

If it DOES involve a Dashing Swordsman moment, that'd be way too cliche and utterly expected, which is good enough reason for Rich not to do it. He's just leading us on with the idea that Elan turns the bad girl to the good side; I personally think something else is going to happen.

Like, say, Haley and Belkar making contact via a stolen boat... and what if Haley were to catch the ninja and Elan in a compromising position?

But that's just my opinion of what might happen.

the_tick_rules
2007-11-07, 12:13 AM
i'm guessin they waited cause the soliders and hinjo were on full alert, now they're not expecting it.

SPoD
2007-11-07, 12:25 AM
Who says they DID wait? For all we know, this is their 17th attempt on his life.

The Extinguisher
2007-11-07, 12:36 AM
Who says they DID wait? For all we know, this is their 17th attempt on his life.

This week.

Ganurath
2007-11-07, 12:41 AM
This week.......end.

BisectedBrioche
2007-11-07, 12:42 AM
...50th if you count half hearted attempts ¬_¬

Khoran
2007-11-07, 01:44 AM
...and it's only Saturday afternoon.

David Argall
2007-11-07, 03:14 AM
Let's be honest. There is only one reason. Anything else is just a ret-con.

It's called... dramatic convenience.

What else? They weren't gonna do it DURING the Roy arc. And having it right AFTERWARDS makes the storytelling flow better than any so-called "filler" that might be in the meantime.

True, but it would be best to have some excuse for their inaction. Let's see...
At first...Hinjo ship is full of people. Easy for ninja to attack, but not to escape. Kubota can't find ninja who wants a suicide mission.
Hinjo heads to 4 allies. He offers to marry princess to secure alliance at each place. Kubota has wife and can't make this offer [until he is sure the offer will be accepted]. So Kubota hangs back, planning to off Hinjo if somebody agrees to the alliance, and then replace Hinjo at the wedding [his own wife either being understanding about the needs of politics or conveniently dead too]. But the offer of alliance is refused all 4 times and now Kubota has had enough of waiting...

Occasional Sage
2007-11-07, 03:32 AM

*snip*
If it DOES involve a Dashing Swordsman moment, that'd be way too cliche and utterly expected, which is good enough reason for Rich not to do it.
*snip*

I suspect you're not alone in that feeling, which...

...is all the more reason for Rich to do it! :smallbiggrin:

Closet_Skeleton
2007-11-07, 04:28 AM
Assassination takes a good deal of time and preparation. The assassins already attacked Hinjo the day he left Azure city. They didn't know he was going to be injured because they'd already planned to have him killed (either by the ninja or the grand larceny guy). They didn't really have time to attack him when he left since the ninja were already on Kubota's Junk and Hinjo could have avoided that Junk until he was healed.

RMS Oceanic
2007-11-07, 04:58 AM

Even if there is a ninja assault and they can get to Hinjo, something is going to come along and interrupt everything at a crucial moment, and it's NOT going to have anything to do with Elan winning over the "Bond girl" orcish ninja?

If it DOES involve a Dashing Swordsman moment, that'd be way too cliche and utterly expected, which is good enough reason for Rich not to do it. He's just leading us on with the idea that Elan turns the bad girl to the good side; I personally think something else is going to happen.

Like, say, Haley and Belkar making contact via a stolen boat... and what if Haley were to catch the ninja and Elan in a compromising position?

But that's just my opinion of what might happen.

The problem with your prediction is that it's already happened, with Samantha. And since then, Haley and Elan's relationship has changed. I suspect if history were to repeat itself, Haley might be more open minded about the Bard Charter. She's not about to dump 4+ months of striving to reach Elan just to throw it all away after turning up at the wrong moment. It's cliche and annoying. At worst, there'll be a "Well this is awkward" moment, which should hopefully clear up when they both get back to the task at hand: namely the assassination attempt.

SoD
2007-11-07, 10:06 AM
I reckon if that does happen, we'll have another: :sabine: :elan: :thog: : ''Nale!'' moment.

sihnfahl
2007-11-07, 10:35 AM
Well, that WOULD be quite the feat, since HB have no idea where DEV are.

Remember, DEV have been tooling around the past four months with Hinjo to different countries (and are still at sea). Since HB haven't been in contact, the likelihood of them going to open sea on a ship and zooming in on DEV's location would need some sort of third party help.

And, if that third party is good enough to locate DEV at sea, then what would keep that third party from sending a message first? Don't you think HB would have that third party tell DEV "Hey, we're ALIVE... we're on our way after four months..."

Gitman00
2007-11-07, 10:41 AM
The problem with your prediction is that it's already happened, with Samantha. And since then, Haley and Elan's relationship has changed. I suspect if history were to repeat itself, Haley might be more open minded about the Bard Charter. She's not about to dump 4+ months of striving to reach Elan just to throw it all away after turning up at the wrong moment. It's cliche and annoying. At worst, there'll be a "Well this is awkward" moment, which should hopefully clear up when they both get back to the task at hand: namely the assassination attempt.

So, let me get this straight. You think Haley will be more understanding about Elan's promiscuity now that they're officially together? :smallconfused:

Prince_Rohan
2007-11-07, 11:12 AM
When they took out the new contract on Hinjo there was a spelling error on the agreed upon date. The confusion that ensued caused delays.

geekyhedgehog
2007-11-07, 04:38 PM
I reckon if that does happen, we'll have another: :sabine: :elan: :thog: : ''Nale!'' moment.

Stole what I was going to say:smallfrown:

T-O-E
2007-11-07, 04:42 PM
The assassins were on their way to kill Hinjo when suddenly, they fell into a massive plot-hole.

Rutee
2007-11-07, 04:49 PM
The direct answer to the OP's question:
Because Hinjo had no assassins on his junk. That's why they didn't attack when Hinjo was injured and the casters were out of spells.

Plot Hole is the reason after that.

dehro
2007-11-07, 04:56 PM
Elan's getting some action with a ninja, and the best place to do it is Hinjo's junk? :smallbiggrin:
that is seven kinds of wrong...
:smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: ...I love it!

Balgus
2007-11-07, 04:59 PM
Because the ones who tried.. died.

The smart ones wait for the most opportune time...

Hood
2007-11-07, 08:27 PM
She will not be distracted by anything. Single minded, assassinating Hinjo and upholding her honor will prevent any distrac-

Eh? Hey, wow! Mmmmm... blond bard.....*fantasize*

*4 months later*

*end fantasy* well, time to kill Hinjo and-

So...entrancing...

Mmmmm....

GSFB
2007-11-07, 09:42 PM
ok, this is really simple:

you don't just assassinate the current leader without some well thought out plan, because you want to be able to assume control yourself without the people revolting against you or otherwise doubting your legitimacy.

they sent some ninjas after Hinjo during the battle itself, because if Hinjo died in battle, it would have been easy to say it was Xykon's forces. Then, you could assume command of the remaining city folk and they would follow you for lack of any other legitimate leaders.

That plan didn't work. Hinjo escaped. And he escaped on his own junk, which had no ninja assassins abord ready to attack. That moment of opportunity passed.

Now, the battle is over and Hinjo is established as leading the city survivors. Killing him now would be an obvious assassination/mutiny/coup and the people would be outraged.

Therefore, the evil forces have been waiting and plotting. It took them a few months, but now they presumably have some plan to do away with Hinjo AND assume control of the people without arousing their suspicions. Everything for the new plan is in place, so the ninja is ready to move.

Does that 'splain it all to you?