PDA

View Full Version : Psionic/Gem Dragon Shaman?

Luccan
2021-01-14, 11:43 PM
How would you go about creating a psionic Dragon Shaman ACF, based around Gem Dragons? It seems sensible to offer at least some psionic mantles for the sake of using their auras. Would you give them the ability to manifest psionic powers as well? Since that's a straight upgrade, what would you trade off*? Or just offer a single psi-like ability for their Draconic Adaptation, perhaps? Any input is welcome

*I'm looking to fit this into a setting that's primarily psionic. I might not even have regular Dragon Shamans, so it being a straight upgrade to regular Dragon Shaman might not even be an issue.

ZamielVanWeber
2021-01-15, 05:58 AM
Try this (http://www.mit.edu/~locutus/DnD/classes/TotemDragons.html) as a starting point. Compared to base dragon shaman gem dragon shaman already have dramatically stronger breath weapons, so I am not sure how much buffing you want to do.

high speed
2021-02-10, 11:52 PM
How would you go about creating a psionic Dragon Shaman ACF, based around Gem Dragons? It seems sensible to offer at least some psionic mantles for the sake of using their auras. Would you give them the ability to manifest psionic powers as well? Since that's a straight upgrade, what would you trade off*? Or just offer a single psi-like ability for their Draconic Adaptation, perhaps? Any input is welcome

*I'm looking to fit this into a setting that's primarily psionic. I might not even have regular Dragon Shamans, so it being a straight upgrade to regular Dragon Shaman might not even be an issue.

probably the psionic powers part is like normal spellcasting for a dragon so you wouldn't give it to the dragon shamman but it could be cool to give them other psionic abilities maybe a power point reserve and psi-like abilities.