PDA

View Full Version : Why Does Nobody Like Amon ? [ToM: Binding/Vestiges]

Maerok
2007-11-06, 10:53 PM
Is there a mechanical reason for why some vestiges don't work with Amon, the Void Before the Altar? Or is it just for flavor? He doesn't seem to possess any powers that could be broken when used with the incompatible vestiges, and none of his powers seem particularly breakable to begin with...

triforcel
2007-11-06, 11:05 PM
I honestly don't know. The book says that there's some unknown reason for it, and maybe there is. The only abilities I can see as even being synergistic are Amon's horn attack and Chupoclop's pounce ability. Other than that I can't see anything, but it's late for me and I didn't delve too much into the matter.

MisterSaturnine
2007-11-06, 11:14 PM
I think it's good they have a whole bunch of mysterious fluff behind some vestiges like Amon or Naberius--what's Naberius' real story? And like you said--why does everyone hate Amon? This way, a lot of vestiges have plenty of lore, but the DM can make up a bunch of stuff, too. Maybe some campaign-specific stuff.

But yeah, I think it's definitely a fluff reason--otherwise, they wouldn't have also included that feat that lets you ignore special requirements (and thus be bound to both Amon and, let's say, Chupoclops.

Maybe Amon invited all the vestiges but them to a party.