PDA

View Full Version : System Requirements Tester

Icewalker
2007-11-06, 11:29 PM
A little while back somebody made a post in which they linked to a website which would let you download a little program which would test your computer to see if it could meet the system requirements for certain games. I need that link again to find out if my computer can run Portal :smallbiggrin:

RandomLogic
2007-11-07, 11:44 AM
Wikipedia knows all:
Minimum[2]:
1.7 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM, DirectX 8 compatible video card, Windows 2000/XP/Vista
Recommended:
Pentium 4 processor (3.0 GHz or better), 1 GB RAM, DirectX 9 compatible video card, Windows 2000/XP/Vista

I have a two year old rig that runs it fine, Opteron 148 and 7800GT. What are you set up with that you are worried about? The source engine scales really well with older hardware.

Om
2007-11-07, 03:32 PM
System Requirements Lab

Setra
2007-11-07, 03:59 PM
This post? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61065)

But yeah, www.systemrequirementslab.com

Icewalker
2007-11-07, 06:52 PM
I thought it was you Setra: smallbiggrin:

I did look up the requirements on Wikipedia, I just wasn't sure how to check some of them, and I just barely didn't meet them, and the site showed how well the game would run.

Mainly the min processor speed is 1.7 GHz, and mine is 1.6.

edit: Crap! Portal isn't on there...anybody know something with similar requirements I could test by?
Aha! Half-life 2 orange box is the same engine.

Awesome! I can meet the minimum requirements by a good bit.

RandomLogic
2007-11-08, 09:51 AM
I thought it was you Setra: smallbiggrin:

I did look up the requirements on Wikipedia, I just wasn't sure how to check some of them, and I just barely didn't meet them, and the site showed how well the game would run.

Mainly the min processor speed is 1.7 GHz, and mine is 1.6.

edit: Crap! Portal isn't on there...anybody know something with similar requirements I could test by?
Aha! Half-life 2 orange box is the same engine.

Awesome! I can meet the minimum requirements by a good bit.

Oh I guess I hang around too many computer forums, I just expected that everyone knows their computer specs!