View Full Version : Warforged Cavalier help

andaval
2021-01-20, 04:09 PM
I’m going to be starting an Underdark campaign, and wanted to try playing a Warforged, and I think the party could use a tank. We are doing 27 point buy and are getting a free feat at level 1.

Cavalier seemed to make sense for this, starting off sword and board and defense style for the most AC. With point buy I can go 15, 10, 15, 8, 14, 8. And with Tasha’s, put +2 into Str and +1 into Con. Then the Slasher feat seems good for a Cavalier tank and gets my Str to 18 right away. Would then max out Str and Con and maybe go Sentinel, Res(Wis) later. Possibly dip a level of Cleric at some point (Peace, Order, Forge)

Does this all seem good? Anyone have feedback or experiences they’d like to share with similar characters?

Unoriginal
2021-01-20, 04:13 PM
I’m going to be starting an Underdark campaign, and wanted to try playing a Warforged, and I think the party could use a tank. We are doing 27 point buy and are getting a free feat at level 1.

Cavalier seemed to make sense for this, starting off sword and board and defense style for the most AC. With point buy I can go 15, 10, 15, 8, 14, 8. And with Tasha’s, put +2 into Str and +1 into Con. Then the Slasher feat seems good for a Cavalier tank and gets my Str to 18 right away. Would then max out Str and Con and maybe go Sentinel, Res(Wis) later. Possibly dip a level of Cleric at some point (Peace, Order, Forge)

Does this all seem good? Anyone have feedback or experiences they’d like to share with similar characters?

I know a Livestream campaign of Dragon Heist + Dungeon of the Mad Mage where one of the PC was a Warforged Cavalier.

They were a damn beast.