PDA

View Full Version : Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (OOC)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Another_Poet
2010-05-23, 10:16 PM
I don't think it's changed anything. See my IC post. Feel free to negotiate my movement each round; I just stay on the guy unless I take 30 or more points of damage in which case I flee upwall.

Lycar
2010-05-24, 06:08 AM
You are going to tell me if this guy enters Grigor's field of view, yes?

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-05-24, 07:54 AM
Dammit. I didnít properly save Map #2. That had the note of how high he was. The link to Map #2 just redirected to Map #1. Oh, well. Fixed now.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-05-25, 04:54 PM
I have added a purple dotted outline of the widest part of the obelisk pedestal to the map in order to help settle questions about who may be able to see what. Of course, Grigor is dangling pretty much over the center of the obelisk platform. He would have to be lowered back onto the obelisk and move over to its edge or onto the suspended wooden platform in order to look down and see anything. Megiddo and the militia, meanwhile, are totally in the dark.

Another_Poet
2010-05-25, 06:04 PM
Megiddo and the militia, meanwhile, are totally in the dark.

I'm still not sure why they can't see the bottom of the pit lit up by my Light spell, but you seem to have a pretty good grasp on the layout of this 3D space, whereas I don't, so I trust you.

Skjaldbakka
2010-05-25, 08:46 PM
There is no caster level check to counterspell a spell with the same spell, it automatically works if you use the appropriate spell. A caster level check is needed to use dispel magic to counterspell.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-05-26, 05:44 AM
I'm still not sure why they can't see the bottom of the pit lit up by my Light spell, but you seem to have a pretty good grasp on the layout of this 3D space, whereas I don't, so I trust you.

Okay, go back to my full side-view of the chamber:
http://alpha.dragonflightstudios.com/images/chamberSideView2.png

Try drawing a line-of-sight from Grigor to Tell on that. Nothing thatís not blocked by a wall or the big upside-down obelisk. The militia and Megiddo are even further up the narrow tube, where the opening is only a four foot wide at most. So their view is even more constricted.

Lycar
2010-05-26, 12:59 PM
Okay, let's find out if Grigor can hear anything going on down there...

[roll0]

EDIT: Probably not...

Hmm.. maybe he can reach the other platform if he has some more rope and starts swinging...

Lycar

Lycar
2010-06-01, 02:00 PM
Any word on Grigor's chances to reach the other rope/platform system by swinging on the rope hes dangling from?

Another_Poet
2010-06-01, 02:40 PM
So if I solo this guy I i get all his XP to myself, right?

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-06-01, 07:34 PM
Any word on Grigor's chances to reach the other rope/platform system by swinging on the rope hes dangling from?
Might need a little more slack even after the 30 ft. he requested. (And Grigorís almost there.)

So if I solo this guy I i get all his XP to myself, right?
Guess thatíd be right. But youíll need more than total defense for that.

Another_Poet
2010-06-01, 07:48 PM
Guess thatíd be right. But youíll need more than total defense for that.

I'm just wearing him down. Once he's cast every spell he knows on me, he'll be easy pickings :)

Another_Poet
2010-06-01, 08:13 PM
Note: I've changed my action in the IC thread, just FYI.

Decided to go on the offensive :)

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-06-01, 08:20 PM
Note: I've changed my action in the IC thread, just FYI.

Decided to go on the offensive :)
Gee, while I was updating, too!

Ö
Ö

Uh, the cleric is still 15 ft. in the air.

Another_Poet
2010-06-01, 08:21 PM
Gee, while I was updating, too!

Ö
Ö

Uh, the cleric is still 15 ft. in the air.

Okay, we'll go with my original actions then. Sorry for the untimely update. Consider me not to have attacked at all.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-06-01, 08:25 PM
Okay, we'll go with my original actions then. Sorry for the untimely update. Consider me not to have attacked at all.
Okay.

Cleric is keeping his distance for now. But he may closeÖ eventually. :smalltongue:

Another_Poet
2010-06-01, 08:33 PM
New round action is up!

That's... 4 rounds of the summoned creature? Hope it vanishes soon....

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-06-01, 09:07 PM
As fun as this real-time back and forth is, I must depart. I work in the morning. Good night. :smallcool:

Another_Poet
2010-06-01, 09:08 PM
Okay, correction: Round 7 is the 4th round of the creature.

Shhalahr, it is awesome that you are doing these rapidfire updates. Feel free to keep 'em coming, I'll be here all evening :)

lol, sad ninja is ninja'd by your departure.

Another_Poet
2010-06-02, 02:28 AM
Sorry for the double post.

Just a note, that if the cleric is using Levitate, he can't fly around like that. It lets you go up or down... that's it. Unless you propel yourself off of something (kick off a wall) or have something to hold onto (like pulling yourself along a rope or the wall) you can't move around while in the air.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-06-02, 05:35 AM
Well, obviously, heís not using levitate. One can get third-level spells in a potion, after all. :smallwink:

Another_Poet
2010-06-02, 12:43 PM
Aww, right, I always think Fly is higher level because I mistake it for Overland Flight. Well with a duration of 5 min I'll still outlast him....

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-06-02, 03:15 PM
Megiddo is hardcore. Heís hardcore. :smallamused:

Also: Added a circle indicating the position of the wooden platform to the map.

Another_Poet
2010-06-02, 04:28 PM
Megiddo is hardcore. Heís hardcore. :smallamused:

Agreed!

How many d6's did he just eat?

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-06-02, 04:48 PM
Seven. Five 3s, a 5, and a 1. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2545098/) Pretty funky roll, that.

Lycar
2010-06-02, 05:09 PM
Okay... so... do you want to write Megiddo out of the script or should Grigor abandon his Olidamarra-approved but so far fruitless attempts at acrobatics to help/heal Megiddo?

Also, with his failed hear check earlier, is Grigor aware of a fight happening?

He does remember the tentacles after all. They might have eaten the corpse of the flying monster. They might eat Megiddo too!

Of course, when he sees another caster type around he'll eventually conclude (Hmm... maybe this was a summon that disappeared after being, heh, 'killed in action'. Did last quite a while though...)

Another_Poet
2010-06-02, 06:51 PM
Wow, 70 feet. I broke my ankle with just 1d6 of real-life falling damage.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-06-02, 07:26 PM
Okay... so... do you want to write Megiddo out of the script or should Grigor abandon his Olidamarra-approved but so far fruitless attempts at acrobatics to help/heal Megiddo?
Well, Lycar might not know this, but Megiddo manifested vigor (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/psionicPowersQtoW.html#vigor) for 30 temporary hit points (see the stats in Skjaís signature, if it hasnít changed by now.). He only took 21 damage from the fall, so he still has 9 temporary hit points and full regular hit points. So healing would be wasted.

Once weíre out of round-by-round, Grigor can take 20. Or he can get himself lowered the rest of the way down onto the stone and hope he can make it to the wood platform in time.

Also, with his failed hear check earlier, is Grigor aware of a fight happening?
He could make out that there was some shouting even if he couldnít tell what was being said.

Wow, 70 feet. I broke my ankle with just 1d6 of real-life falling damage.
Well, you didnít have 30 temporary hit points. (Or did you?) That, and D&D doesnít really do broken bones. One of the perks of being a Character rather than a Player, I guess. :smalltongue:

Skjaldbakka
2010-06-07, 03:16 PM
Sorry guts, having some computer problems. Will try to post tonight.

Skjaldbakka
2010-06-08, 01:16 PM
I just thrown out of my apartment, so posting may be shoddy for awhile.

Just when my life was starting to stabilize, friends turn into jerks.

Lycar
2010-06-08, 01:36 PM
Seems like you guys have everything under control. Should Grigor even bother to keep up the acrobatics? :smalltongue:

Lycar

Another_Poet
2010-06-08, 01:47 PM

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that Skjald.

Is there anything I can do to help?

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-06-08, 04:29 PM

That isÖ just terrible.

Wow.

Skjaldbakka
2010-06-08, 10:23 PM
Fortunately, I have a lot of true friends in my community that I trust, and have managed to secure a new place to live. I may actually be spending less money recovering from being evicted than the rent I am now not paying this month.

Skjaldbakka
2010-06-08, 10:36 PM
So, I was hoping not to have to see if this would work or not, but Megiddo lacks any flight, featherfall, or levitation type affects, short of throwing up another Vigor and jumping down, so he is going to have to improvise.

Firstly, Megiddo is going to attempt this whether or not it is ruled that it would work, so I am posting here, and will let the DM posts results of this action.

What he is going to try is to Control Object on his sword, and then grab onto it as it is floating in the air, and try to use it to either let it pull him back up, allow him to hover in place (even if just a few inches off of the obelisk), to slow his fall down to where Tell is, or to accomplish none of these things and fall to his lots of HP damage and/or death.

The object is telekinetically controlled, so it can fly, the question is whether it can support my weight. It doesn't have a listed strength, but it does damage based on my intelligence modifier, so it could be argued that its strength as an animated object would be based on my intelligence as well. If it has that kind of strength, I am a light load for it, so I could do the whole flying sword pulls me up through the air thing (albeit at a movement rate of 20')

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-06-09, 05:39 AM
I may actually be spending less money recovering from being evicted than the rent I am now not paying this month.
Well, sounds like somethingís working out at least. :smallsmile:

So, I was hoping not to have to see if this would work or not, but Megiddo lacks any flight, featherfall, or levitation type affects, short of throwing up another Vigor and jumping down, so he is going to have to improvise.
Uh, there is that wooden platform with a rope-and-pulley. Looks like it would work as an elevatorÖ

Lycar
2010-06-09, 11:38 AM

:smalleek:

Aw man, I totally overlooked this post!

Sorry to hear you are in such a bad circumstance right now. Best wishes for a quick recovery! :smallredface:

Oh and about Megiddo: Why doesn't he just run for the platform beside the obelisk? The one Grigor tries to reach by swinging on the rope he's dangling from... :smallwink:

Lycar

Skjaldbakka
2010-06-09, 03:34 PM
I forgot there was a platform. Let's use that instead.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-06-09, 07:22 PM
Much more sensible. :smallwink:

Skjaldbakka
2010-06-10, 02:08 AM
So, update on the whole apartment situation.

I am crashing at a friend's place, and while last night I was staying in a cleared out space on the floor in a bedroom being used for storage (no complaints though), I got back after work today to find that they had cleaned out the room completely.

If I wanted to, I could bring in a bed and dresser and things would be quite liveable.

However, it is not situated where getting to work and back by bus is easy, so I have already talked to a friend of mine that was looking to move into Lexington this summer, and we will be meeting Friday to see what we can afford, and our goal is to find a place by July 2nd (when we both will have gotten two more paychecks).

It is a testament to the number of times Fate has pulled the rug out from under me that I am so readily able to make that balance check. :smallcool:

Now I just need to find a new game to get into, since I am no longer on speaking terms with the person who was running the only (in the flesh) game I am in.

Another_Poet
2010-06-10, 08:41 AM
Well I'm glad you found a place and have a plan.... yikes what precipitated the kickout from the other place? If I may ask (if it's too personal I understand)

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-06-10, 07:24 PM
Good to know youíre landing on your feet, Skja.

By the way, when I level, may I retrain a level of Fighter over to a level of Druid instead?

I... was not so familiar with the importance of spell progression when I first made Tell.
Well, according to PH2, you should have a quest to rebuild a class levelÖ :smalltongue:

But since this is PbP, I think we can dispense with that formality. Go fer it.

Seems like you guys have everything under control. Should Grigor even bother to keep up the acrobatics? :smalltongue:
It seems heís got three choices:
Keep up swinging. At the current rate, it wonít be long for him to have effectively taken 20 and automatically succeed.
Get himself lowered down and walk across the stone to safety on the wooden platform.
Continue dangling. Though Iím sure the militia would like a break from holding Grigor up.
There may be other options I havenít considered. And itís all up to you anyway.

Lycar
2010-06-11, 02:25 PM
Never mind about the Tarzan impersonation...

Anyway, should I make some rolls for Grigor to see if any of his Knowledge ranks turn up any information?

Lycar

Another_Poet
2010-06-11, 05:26 PM
Also just to head off having this take even longer, Skja should make 11 Spellcraft checks for the 11 potentially magic items to ID their auras. I assume his Detect Magic is still good from just a moment ago.

Or Shhalahr could just tell us the aura of each :)

Skjaldbakka
2010-06-11, 10:25 PM
I would be happy to share the details with you, but not right now. Just achieved a happy nuetral state about the whole situation, and don't want to go into rant mode and spoil it. :)

Another_Poet
2010-06-12, 01:45 AM
I would be happy to share the details with you, but not right now. Just achieved a happy nuetral state about the whole situation, and don't want to go into rant mode and spoil it. :)

Makes sense, I understand. Now make with the Spellcraft rolls :)

Skjaldbakka
2010-06-12, 12:18 PM
Oh right. I need 11 spellcraft rolls, potentially, so here goes:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]

And one more to ID the potion, because I am pretty sure that is spellcraft, not craft alchemy:
[roll11] (Fail)

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-06-14, 07:40 PM
Hey, even cleric spells occasionally need a material component. Though apparently you need to go outside of core to get non-costly ones.

I will hint that three of the spells he used were non-core with a most-definitely non-costly material component not labeled as being arcane-onlyÖ :smalltongue:

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-06-16, 02:40 PM
((I think I told them everything, correct me if I'm wrong.))

Did you tell him that you only had time to make actual searches around the carvings? :smalltongue:

Another_Poet
2010-06-16, 02:41 PM
((I think I told them everything, correct me if I'm wrong.))

Did you tell him that you only had time to make actual searches around the carvings? :smalltongue:

Well, not really. I'm no rogue though, they can infer my level of searchitude from all my previous failed search attempts :)

Skjaldbakka
2010-06-17, 12:39 AM
I know AP is going to be interested, but thought I would let the whole gang know about it as well. I am getting close to unveiling PostHaste2, a system inspired by AP's thread a long time ago on designing a game for the Play by Post medium, and will be looking for some playtesters. We've proved we can keep a game alive I think, so if any of you are interested, you have first crack at it.

We're looking at probably another two weeks before the big reveal.

Another_Poet
2010-06-17, 10:20 AM
PostHaste2

HOLY CRAP!!!!

That's awesome!! I can hardly wait to see the rules. Not sure I'll be able to join in a game though.

Skjaldbakka
2010-06-17, 11:34 PM
Here is a sneak peek. I finally have enough of the rules complete to make some sample characters:

Schmendrick the Magician -
Vital Statistics - Strength 5, Dexterity 9, Willpower 6, Spirit 10
Resources - Prowess 2, Agility 5, Endurance 4, Tactics 5, Health 20, Mana 10
Feats - Blessing of Mana, Arcane Lore, Stealth
Traits - Poor Magician, Magic Do As You Will, Cunning

Spells -
Fire Bolt (cost 1 Mana, ranged attack, strength = 2 x Willpower, +2 strength/Mana)
Distracting Illusions (cost 1 Mana, duration willpower - target willpower, target cannot use or benefit from the use of tactics. +1 duration/Mana)

Equipment -
Knife (power 2, no requirements)

Prince Lir -
Vital Statistics - Strength 10, Dexterity 8, Willpower 6, Spirit 6
Resources - Prowess 8, Agility 4, Endurance 6, Tactics 2, Health 20
Feats - Power Strike I, Power Strike II, Resist Magic I
Traits - Knight, Courageous, True Love

Equipment -
Basic Sword (power 4, requires 1 prowess)
Chain Shirt (protection 4, requires endurance 1)
Kite Shield (offense 3, defense 3, requires 2 prowess)

Lady Amalthea -
Vital Statistics - Strength 5, Dexterity 9, Willpower 6, Spirit 10
Resources - Prowess 5, Agility 10, Endurance 5, Tactics 0, Health 20, Mana 10
Feats - Blessing of Mana, Fleet of Foot, Resist Magic I
Traits - Innocence, Healer, Beauty

Molly Grue -
Vital Statistics - Strength 7, Dexterity 7, Willpower 8, Spirit 6
Resources - Prowess 5, Agility 5, Endurance 5, Tactics 5, Health 20
Feats - Stealth, Double Back, Coordinate Assault
Traits - Faith, Scullery-Maid, Tough

Equipment -
Cast Iron Skillet - (power 2, requires 1 prowess, +1 phy)

Group Tactics 12

Another_Poet
2010-06-18, 09:53 AM
The traits, etc. sound awesome but of course I don't know what they mean :)

@ everyone - Tell has already been carrying 1 orange robe and 1 evil holy symbol in case he needs to disguise himself as a cleric. Now he has a second holy symbol (from the vanquished cleric) and you guys just found a second set of orange robes (ditto).

Does someone want to take robe & holy symbol so they have a disguise?

Skjaldbakka
2010-06-19, 12:17 AM
So, looking to find a site to host PostHaste2, and eventually put up other game systems that I design.

Do any of you know anything about how to go about doing that?

I've never really looked into the website thing, don't have much concept where to start.

As to this game, I guess Megiddo will take the disguise.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-06-19, 06:52 AM
So, looking to find a site to host PostHaste2, and eventually put up other game systems that I design.

Do any of you know anything about how to go about doing that?
It all depends on how far you wanna go with it. Do you want something really snazzy, with your own domain name and a bit of customizable server space? Or are you fine with just slapping up a quick site on a free and very limited hosting platform?

For the former, I use Nearly Free Speech (http://www.nearlyfreespeech.net). It uses a pay-as-you-go plan thatís really cheap for low-traffic websites. If itís all static html, you could have less than a penny a month, though they charge a few cents per day for anything that requires extra processing server-side. But itís still a better deal than $8/month for gigabytes of transfer and massive database space you never use. They also register domain names for you.

The downside with Nearly Free Speech is that it doesnít offer much in the way of automated interfaces for managing things. To really manage your account, you need a bit of technical know-how, or you have to know someone who does.

For someone that can hold your hand a bit more, I had a teacher that recommended iPower (http://www.ipower.com/). I think that was it, anyways. I donít really have much experience with them. But this was from a ďWeb Design for Graphic DesignersĒ course, so he was making a recommendation to a roomful of people whose technical expertise was mostly limited to art software, and not site management. He was a graphic designer, too. As such, I trust the recommendation.

I also work with someone who uses the ever-popular Go Daddy (http://www.godaddy.com), and sheís never complained about that.

As for free hosting sites, I donít keep on top of those very much. I have experience with Ripway (http://www.ripway.com). Theyíre pretty decent. Probably a few better hosts out there, but I donít have any major complaints.

I've never really looked into the website thing, don't have much concept where to start.
Well, aside from hostng, you actually need to have a site to host. What do you have going on for that?

But, yeah, although you want to have some idea of where youíll host your site when you start a project, you may want to hold off on actually signing up for the service until the site is ready for a test-run. Otherwise, you may end up paying for several months of unused service.

Once the site is ready for testing, youíll want to test it out on the actual server that it will be hosted on. Work out server-specific bugs. Hopefully, that wonít take more than an afternoon. Once thatís all done, you can officially go live.

Another_Poet
2010-06-19, 01:32 PM
Okay, I am deducting one of two evil holy symbols from my sheet, so be sure to add it to yours Skja :)

@ Shhalahr - forgot to answer but how about Soften Earth & Stone (Drd2)? Does the pearl restore the slot?

Lycar
2010-07-02, 05:06 PM
So now what, explore pat that archway or try to navigate the earthen labyrinth?

Lycar

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-07-02, 05:46 PM
So now what, explore pat that archway or try to navigate the earthen labyrinth?
Well, about seventeen minutes before you posted that, I kinda took the liberty of deciding for you, since no one was posting.

And the archway is carved into the wall. So unless that magic aura about it turns out to be Conjuration (telportation) specifically, thereís probably no ďpast the archwayĒ. But, even if it is, it would probably be better to consider that part of examining the magic auras.

Not that I want to unduly influence the partyís actions hereÖ :smallsigh:

Lycar
2010-07-09, 03:51 PM
I could simply go ahead and make a few Know. rolls at random to try and ferret out a clue?

Grigor has Local, History, Arcane and of course Religion.

Skjaldbakka
2010-07-09, 06:51 PM
Excellent. New apartment, now equipped with internet and running water!

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-07-09, 10:04 PM
I could simply go ahead and make a few Know. rolls at random to try and ferret out a clue?

Grigor has Local, History, Arcane and of course Religion.

If you think the subject is correct, you can always make a roll. Worst that happens is that it turns out the clue has no local, historical, arcane, or religious context. Or it does, and you simply donít know about it. Same result. :smallamused:

Awesome títhe Ďpossum! :smallbiggrin:

Another_Poet
2010-07-09, 10:43 PM

Rule of PbP thumb: just make the rolls. If you're not sure they're relevant the GM can ignore them. This policy reduces ping time.

(If you're really unsure whether they're appropriate just tell the GM your modifiers so he can roll them himself when he replies)

Lycar
2010-07-10, 08:27 AM

Heh, good for you, congrats! :smallbiggrin:

As for the rolls, fine, here we go:

Know. Arcane: [roll0]
Know. History: [roll1]
Know. Local : [roll2]
Know. Religion: [roll3]

Another_Poet
2010-07-11, 08:43 PM
Heh, good for you, congrats! :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, seconded!

Now hurry up and unveil PosteHaste2 for gods' sakes!

:smallsmile:

ap

Skjaldbakka
2010-07-11, 09:07 PM
I am working on that right now, actually. Timetable was delayed by the iPhone 4 launch and the mandatory overtime that came with it.

Looking forward to my paycheck on Friday though. :)

I am now dealing with the incredible distraction that is Babylon 5 being available to view online with Netflix.

Lycar
2010-07-13, 12:28 AM
He leaves it to Grigor whether he will reveal to the militia that he can, in fact, interrogate the dead.

Best if someone mentions this. Grigor doesn't really like undead and thus his relationship to anything necromancy related is very strained. He won't come up with it himself, that is for sure...

Lycar

Another_Poet
2010-07-13, 11:04 AM
Sounds like it is up to Mega Megiddo then :)

Otherwise Tell is happy to scream, holler and sing songs while painting the altar with deer blood and his own urine. Eventually someone is going to come have a look at that. And that's how you get ants.

Lycar
2010-07-21, 04:16 PM
Just so you know: I will be away from next monday to the monday the week after that.

Assume Grigor to tag along for the time being.

Lycar

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-08-02, 07:36 AM
SoÖ Was there something else you guys were waiting for?

Another_Poet
2010-08-04, 08:51 PM
Okay team, strategy time.

It looks like whoever fled in here fled back out, probably taking an alternate route out of the maze after we entered.

Questions:

1) Do we want to go try to break through the Evil Gate in the bottom of the cold pit?

2) Can anyone remember any other possible unexplored places in the moathouse?

3) If we're bugging out, do we go hit the main temple (suspecting cult activity here might indicate cult activity there) or go back to Hommlet?

Skjaldbakka
2010-08-06, 09:58 AM
I think going straight to the temple, and letting the town guard go back to town, is what we should do.

Another_Poet
2010-08-06, 12:02 PM
Works for me (if Lycar's invvestigation doesn't turn anything up)

Lycar
2010-08-07, 05:23 AM
So what, return to town, learn what we can, ditch the militia guys and go for the main temple? Sounds like a plan.

So, how do we do the research thing? Ask around or just make some rolls?

Lycar

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-08-07, 10:11 AM
Well, if you take the old, disused road through the forest, you donít even have to go all the way back to Hommlet.

Of course, remember that Elmo was investigating a possible connection back in Hommlet.

Another_Poet
2010-08-07, 01:23 PM
Yeah, we might want to see if my animal messenger got through and then take out the traitor if he hasn't been arrested already. I vote for that.

Skjaldbakka
2010-08-09, 02:09 AM
Good point, let's head back to town first.

Lycar
2010-08-09, 02:57 PM
Sounds like a plan. Let's do this then.

Lycar

Lycar
2010-08-14, 06:34 AM
Grigor will have to return to the town to do any research obviously.

But yes, let's fast foreward to this or after this.

Lycar

Lycar
2010-08-20, 06:04 PM
So do they mention where Grigor can find Todariche?

Lycar

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-08-23, 08:55 PM
Well, as you can see, Eckhard doesnít say so directlyÖ

Lycar
2010-08-30, 11:32 AM
Megiddo and Grigor having a quiet night of sleep in the inn then?

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-09-02, 02:06 PM
Megiddo and Grigor having a quiet night of sleep in the inn then?
Thatís up to you. The night is still young.

Of course, if you want to make a wild night of it, Vesta would prefer you spend it at Terriganís instead of the Welcome Wench. :smalltongue:

Skjaldbakka
2010-09-03, 11:18 AM
Megiddo will take a leisurely stroll around town before settling down for his evening meditation.

Edit - oops, wrong thread

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-09-03, 02:15 PM
Did I miss something about Poet being away for awhile or somesuch?

Another_Poet
2010-09-08, 01:21 AM
No. Tell's part became rather minimal and then I kept meaning to go back and read old posts to remember what is going on in town. I don't recall at all.

I will be out of town with little/no internet Sept 9-13, however. I put up a list of things Tell hopes to do shortly, so run it as you see fit while I am away. I just hope I am correctly remembering that the guy we need to report to is named Elmo :)

Lycar
2010-09-09, 12:27 AM
I will be gone from friday to sunday, so no posting then.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-09-09, 05:25 AM
Allright. So Weekendís off, then?

Iíll give this thing a jump-start by making a summary on the happenings at the Welcome Wench once I get a free moment.

Lycar
2010-09-09, 06:55 AM
No quite... a friend of mine gets married and the place is 11 hour of train ride away. So one day to get there, one day to celebrate and one day to get back.

As for Grigor, he wants to go see that Todariche guy the next day, so he hasn't planned anything special for the night.

Of course, he does have a total +10 at Gather Information, so if he just happens to overhear something interesting while playing his harp and maybe telling a story or two...

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-09-18, 05:30 PM
I suppose an overnight at Hommlet is enough to give you an XP award. When you wake in the morning, take the following:

Tell: 4400 xp
Megiddo: 2060 xp
Grigor: 2060 xp

Yeah, that was a CR 7 cleric that Tell soloed, so thatís quite a bump he gets.

Another_Poet
2010-09-19, 01:35 AM
Dang, still 1400 to level.... ugh.

Still, that is a pretty sweet bump. I'm gonna have to go Jenkins more often.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-09-19, 06:53 AM
Dang, still 1400 to level.... ugh..
Did you ever record your first award?

Another_Poet
2010-09-20, 10:37 AM
Did you ever record your first award?

Wow! No, I did not, apparently....

DING! Leveled.

In that post I had asked if I could retrain feats and you OK'd it, but now I am thinking of retraining a level of fighter over to Druid.... any chance that would be OK? (If it's too much I understand...)

ap

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-09-20, 10:58 AM
In that post I had asked if I could retrain feats and you OK'd it, but now I am thinking of retraining a level of fighter over to Druid.... any chance that would be OK? (If it's too much I understand...)
I believe we touched on this before.

Iím okay with rebuilds in general. I donít want to force anyone to play a build with which they are not happy. If this were a real-life game, Iíd consider enforcing the rebuild quest rules from PH2 for class rebuilding, but that would be too slow for PbP. So go for it.

Anywayóanything else you want out of Elmo? Are you gonna look for Jaroo right now or wait until morning?

Skjaóhow long a walk was Megiddo going for? Think heíd be back in time to catch the end of Tellís talk with Elmo?

Another_Poet
2010-09-25, 12:29 AM
Genuine excitement, or genuine HEXcitement?

You be the judge!

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-10-01, 09:09 PM
So, have any of you guys been working on your level-ups? Even Megiddo should have enough XP now, I think.

Whatícha got?

Oh, an Lycar: Did you ever see the ďCore Beliefs: OlidamarraĒ article from Dragon magazine? I was going through my back issues and just stumbled upon it.

Lycar
2010-10-02, 05:20 AM
No, in which issue is it?

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-10-02, 08:17 AM
Issue #342. Big white dragon on the cover.

Also in that issue is an article with a bunch of Initiate feats. Initiate of Olidamarra grants a few new skills as cleric class skills and allows you to treat the three new spells in the Core Beliefs article as 1-2 levels lower.

Skjaldbakka
2010-10-03, 01:22 AM
I thought just AP leveled. I think I hit my PrC this level. Awesome!

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-10-03, 07:37 AM
I thought just AP leveled.
Only if youíbe been spending XP on something without saying anything.

15,200 + 4,223 + 2,060 = 21,483

You level at 21,000.

I think I hit my PrC this level. Awesome!
Yay! :smallbiggrin:

Skjaldbakka
2010-10-05, 10:43 AM
NOw that we are leveling up, I am confused by my current HP total. Should be getting 3hp/level, 4 at 1st level, and 6hp from Psionic Body, which would be 25 HP, unless I rolled HP at some point, but I don't see any rolls for HP on the OOC thread.

Was there a different character creation thread at some point?

Another_Poet
2010-10-05, 11:07 AM
NOw that we are leveling up, I am confused by my current HP total. Should be getting 3hp/level, 4 at 1st level, and 6hp from Psionic Body, which would be 25 HP, unless I rolled HP at some point, but I don't see any rolls for HP on the OOC thread.

Probably the recruiting thread.

Skjaldbakka
2010-10-05, 11:31 AM
That would have been deleted by now, so I'll assume I rolled. I will not be rolling for this level, I'll just take the 1/2 +1 HD. (+3HP)

I am taking Cerebremancer 1.

I have selected Control Air and Swarm of Crystals as my new Psionic Powers, and Feather Fall and Shatter as my new Wizard Spells.

Skillwise, I am still putting 1 skill point into each skill I have (some are cross-class now, sadly so, only get .5 ranks).

Swarm of Crystals, btw, is awesome. It's like a scaling burning hands with no SR, no Save, and slashing damage instead of fire.

Edit - DM question

Does it take a full day to scribe a scroll that costs less than 1,000gp?

Assuming an 8 hour workday, a 1st level scroll would take proportionally 12 minutes to scribe, at 25gp for 1st lvl/clvl 1. Assuming a literal 24 hour day, it would take 36 minutes to scribe.

I'm asking because I would like to replace a few scrolls I have used, but taking a day per scroll isn't something Megiddo would do, since we have cultists to track down. But if he can scribe a few scrolls in an hour or two, that would be more reasonable (and more realistic, IMO).

Edit - Players

I have two UIMs (Unidentified Magic Items), are there any more the party has that we should ID? It is 100gp and 1 spell slot per item.

Another_Poet
2010-10-05, 11:47 AM
On a similar note, I won't know what HD value to subtract when retraining my fighter level, since the rolls are gone. I assume I should roill 1d10 to see how many hp to remove, and 1d8 to see how many to add on with the replaced level of Druid.

Is that an OK way of handling it?

edit @ skja: I have

Polished pearl - 1st level spell (Strong transmutation) - in a pouch in belt pouch
Mystery potion flask, full (Faint conjuration, possibly healing)
1 extra suit magic leather-studded armour
Full plate armor (Faint abjuration) - In room where we slept
Curved shortsword (Faint evocation) - In room where we slept

I think the only priority to ID there is the shortsword. That intrigues me. Do qualities like Flaming have evocation auras, or are we looking at something more unique here?

I'd also like the pearl ID'd because I don't think Tell has figured it out yet IC.

The other stuff is likely standard magic armr that we can just sell, and a potion that we can get an alchemist to ID for cheaper, maybe.

Skjaldbakka
2010-10-05, 11:57 AM
I gained a rank in spellcraft, so I can retry identifying the potion, I am pretty sure. If so [roll0]

So, I was reading over the fight with the dragon, and really don't know why I thought it was a black dragon. It was described as green, spoke with green text... guess just because I like black dragons better.

Also, as to what Megiddo was thinking with the killing of the dragon, but being angry about it... it had to be killed because Megiddo would not have been able to convince the group not to loot its hoard, and leaving a dragon with reason to hate you is bad news. If we had driven it off, it would have been different. But backstabbing it as it was prepared/considering to surrender/flee, then taking its hoard and showing it mercy by letting it live... would have been adding insult to injury.

So it had to die, because Chatrilon backstabbed it before it could flee or surrender.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-10-05, 05:38 PM
I think Tell and Megiddo were rolled up while we were still discussing this in the Cave of Water OOC thread. Doesnít appear to be available even by online archives.

Either you rolled or there was a mistake in recording hp somewhere. Either way, keep the hit point.

Edit - DM question

Does it take a full day to scribe a scroll that costs less than 1,000gp?

Assuming an 8 hour workday, a 1st level scroll would take proportionally 12 minutes to scribe, at 25gp for 1st lvl/clvl 1. Assuming a literal 24 hour day, it would take 36 minutes to scribe.

I'm asking because I would like to replace a few scrolls I have used, but taking a day per scroll isn't something Megiddo would do, since we have cultists to track down. But if he can scribe a few scrolls in an hour or two, that would be more reasonable (and more realistic, IMO).

By RAW:
ďCreating an item requires one day per 1,000 gp in the itemís base price, with a minimum of at least one day.Ē

However, I think Iím willing to import the Pathfinder version, where scrolls and potions that cost less than 250 gp only take 2 hours. Itíll make things easier in the future. Note that one scroll can have multiple spells. 1 scroll with 10 first-level CL 1 spells would fit in that time frame.

On a similar note, I won't know what HD value to subtract when retraining my fighter level, since the rolls are gone. I assume I should roill 1d10 to see how many hp to remove, and 1d8 to see how many to add on with the replaced level of Druid.

Is that an OK way of handling it?
Well, that could net you +7 hp if you rolled a 1 on the d10 and an 8 on the d8. Doesnít really seem right.

Probably better to just subtract 1 hp from your total. Thatís the average difference in between d10 and d8.

Skjaldbakka
2010-10-05, 05:44 PM
Awesome. Since I will probably be burning spells for Identifies, won't be making scrolls today.

Also, we are ahead of Grigor timewise, I think.

Lycar
2010-10-06, 01:16 PM
I don't think Grigor will learn too much of use from the bard tonight. But together with the the sage, the two might turn out to be a real font of knowledge.

This also means the group could rejoin to meet that seer maybe?

Skjaldbakka
2010-10-12, 03:56 AM
Decided to make scrolls after all, one Protection from Evil, and one Comprehend Languages. Also IDing the curved short sword and leaving one 1st level spell open.

If anyone wants another ID cast, I just need the 100gp pearl.

Also, cost for scrolls and pearls are deducted from my character sheet (100gp for the pearl, 25gp for the scrolls, and 2 xp for the scrolls).

---

Ok, so not really related to this game at all, but looking for some advice for PostHaste 2.

Writing up the archetypes/sample characters/pregens for PostHaste2, I am feeling more and more like melee and ranged attacks should be keyed off of different stats. The problem is, I am already using Dexterity for the "defense" stat, and Agility as an expendable "resource" stat.

Strength is the "physical attack" stat, which I'd like to be melee, but then what the heck do I use for ranged? Can't think of a good word to use... Precision, maybe?

Lycar
2010-10-12, 02:09 PM
I should probably mention that I will be on vacation from 16.10. to 30.10.

I will probably have internet access though.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-10-13, 08:09 PM
I gained a rank in spellcraft, so I can retry identifying the potion, I am pretty sure. If so [roll0]
Why not take 10 anyway? Itís a flat DC.

Skjaldbakka
2010-10-13, 08:26 PM
I don't know, but it's ok, the die roller took 10 for me. :P

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-10-13, 08:44 PM
I don't know, but it's ok, the die roller took 10 for me. :P
Yep. :smallbiggrin:

Another_Poet
2010-10-15, 10:58 AM
Well, that could net you +7 hp if you rolled a 1 on the d10 and an 8 on the d8. Doesnít really seem right.

Probably better to just subtract 1 hp from your total. Thatís the average difference in between d10 and d8.

Could also net me -9 if the rolsl went the other way :smallwink:

But no worries, -1 hp it is.

Did we figure out the pearl?

edit: Gave up Power Attack & 4 ranks in Jump (after watching Megiddo Grigor leap around on that block) to level down.

edit: purchased 4 ranks of Spellcraft (thanks Megiddo) and 1 cross-class rank of Tumble ('cuz who WOULDN'T want that after the moathouse?) in retraining to Druid. Also gained Wildshape 1/day & 1 3rd level spell per day

leveled: gained Wildshape 2/day and more spells; 5 ranks Spot (seemed we always needed to be on the lookout in there, and straining our eyes in the dark) and 1 rank Ride (can't explain that one... maybe Tell was having dreams of riding the dragon or the giant toad).

Finally: retraining Augment Summoning to keep Power Attack (almost never used the former, used the latter in every fight). updated sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=30905)

For everyone: I think I'd like to prepare Contagion (creature touched makes fort save or catches disease of my choice) but it has the [Evil] descriptor. Does anyone here actually have any qualms about germ warfare? I figure if we stumble upon another enclave of these guys, capturing & infecting one and letting them go will mean they'll likely infect all the others. Seems effective to me.

Another_Poet
2010-10-15, 11:27 AM
Sorry for double post, forgot to roll my shiny new HD:

[roll0]

*weeps*

Skjaldbakka
2010-10-15, 03:01 PM
That's the risk you take in rolling. Since contagion has the evil descriptor because it is icky, not because it calls on evil outside powers, Megiddo has no problem with it.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-10-15, 07:28 PM
Could also net me -9 if the rolsl went the other way :smallwink:
Thereís also that.

Did we figure out the pearl?
Well, you tried to see if it was a pearl of power (2nd level spells), but that didnít work. Iíll have to check if you tried anything else.

Also gained Wildshape 1/dayÖ
I think you mean Shapechange (Aerial Form).

Skjaldbakka
2010-10-19, 11:07 AM
I'm getting my first car next month, which is pretty exciting for me... and a little confusing, since the system is designed with the assumption you get your driver's license as a teenager.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-10-19, 03:09 PM
I'm getting my first car next month, which is pretty exciting for me...
Cool! Congrats.

Öand a little confusing, since the system is designed with the assumption you get your driver's license as a teenager.
What I find more troublesome is the assumption that you get your first car right after getting your license. :smallsigh:

Another_Poet
2010-10-24, 05:14 PM
Don't want to bog down the IC thread with this, but...

I think we should take the sword off the top of the loot before dividing it. After all it benefits the whole party to make our bard more effective in combat. It's not like I gave him a wedding ring or something.

Skjaldbakka
2010-10-24, 05:48 PM
I don't really care oocly, just was trying to keep things moving.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-10-31, 10:52 AM
Happy Halloween, everyone! :biggrin:

Skjaldbakka
2010-10-31, 01:21 PM
Happy Halloween indeed.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-15, 12:43 PM
Knowledge Planes [roll0] trying to think of extraplanar creatures such a demon or some such that is referred to as 'the Eye' by its followers.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-11-15, 01:57 PM
Just want to let you know Iíve seen this. Just donít have what I need in front of me to answer DC 29 at the moment. The answer should pop up soon enough.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-17, 12:32 AM
Wasn't there a letter that we discovered at some point?

Edit- Haven't heard from AP for awhile...

Lycar
2010-11-17, 06:02 PM
So, doesn't any of the others remember more details to give our most cooperative scholar? Or should we ask about the Canoness or that Burne guy?

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-11-21, 05:41 PM
So, doesn't any of the others remember more details to give our most cooperative scholar? Or should we ask about the Canoness or that Burne guy?
Feel free to go back through the the threads for details if you need to. Itís all fresher for your characters, so I donít consider that unacceptable metagaming.

And sorry about all my announced time off. Just got lots of busy time and my usual November mood issues.

Lycar
2010-11-22, 09:13 PM
If Elmo is taking care of Kevril, then this means the PCs shouldn't worry about it? Just go on with the story and forget about that stupid NPC? :smalltongue:

Just kidding. But I wonder if one of the others doesn't want to do the honours and describe what we found?

Lycar
2010-11-27, 07:37 PM
All right, I'll go ahead and post what we found in the moathouse dungeon.

Another_Poet
2010-12-04, 08:48 PM
Hi guys,

I'm sorry I have to post this. About 5 weeks ago I got a new job, and it is an awesome job, but it has taken all my time. Well, that and launching Rogue Priest (http://www.roguepriest.net) and working on my plans to be able to travel. The short version is, I bowed out of most of my games at that time. I had hoped to continue to play in this one, but as you can see it's been weeks since I posted. Right now there is only one other game I still post in, and that one is only possible because it will be done soon.

So, sadly, I have to withdraw from ye olde Moathouse & Temple of Evil. If it is possible, if Tell could be "off camera" doing something with Jaroo, I would like that. It would leave it open for me to possibly return in the future if things become less busy.

Likewise, if it would be better for the group to have Tell along as an NPC ally, I feel good about that too. He can provide spell support or a decent meat shield. If he dies acting as such I feel no regret; use him as you see fit.

Thanks for a good game guys. As I recall Tell was my first ever PbP character and RttToEE was perhaps my second or so online campaign. It has been a great one and you are all awesome. Thanks for the good times and know that, if I get the chance, I will follow your exploits in the IC thread.

thanks,
AP

Lycar
2010-12-05, 06:24 AM
Real life strikes again, eh? But is good things that require your attention, new job, getting things done and generally getting ahead in life.

So I say, congratulations! :smallsmile:

I am sure Tell will have quite a tale to tell when all is said and done. :smallwink:

Yes, he can stick around as a support NPC for the time being and this will help the remaining players a lot.

It just seems like we could use some fresh blood now. I don't mind being one of two players in the game if our GM doesn't mind either but still it would be nice to fill out the ranks a bit.

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-05, 07:44 PM
Have anyone in mind?

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-12-07, 12:11 PM
Good luck with your new job, Poet! :biggrin:

[hr]

I do feel like it would be nice to get another person on board now. Iíve DMed groups that have been half-NPC before. Never really cared for it. Especially in large combats.

Iíll find out if Tarinth or Entertainer13 are available to pick up again. If not those, I still have a list saved of characters from our previous recruitment drive. We can see if any of those players are available. Otherwise, we can go back to open recruitment.

Also gotta figure out what to do with Tell. Like I said, Iím not too keen on running NPC party members indefinitely. In the past, I usually let other players play take on such characters as cohorts. So thatís an option if we want Tell to stay in the party. Otherwise, we can look for a good way to have him bow out gracefully.

I will mention that the current plotline might give Tell a pretty good excuse to part ways with the rest fairly soon, depending on how things play out. (And pretty soon at the speed of PbP could still be a few months off real-time.)

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-07, 12:50 PM
I'm cool with Megiddo taking Leadership at the next available feat, and taking on Tell as a Cohort at that time. He could hang out with Jaroo until then, or I could NPC him until then.

I am equally cool with him leaving the party indefinitely.

Lycar
2010-12-11, 02:02 AM
In case you are waiting for me: I'm cool with whatever works. Grigor is happy enough to use some buff spells on other people and I don't mind if they are 'bloody NPCs' or not. :smallwink:

Soo... does the sage remember where exactly that cultist bumped into him?

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-12-13, 01:36 PM
No need to spend a feat just to keep Tell around. I generally only consider Leadership as representative of people who can attract followers and cohorts with little to no effort, anyway. That is, itís not required if you work hard enough on managing the details of attracting cohorts and/or followers and maintaining your relationship to them in-character. Cohorts and followers granted by the feat will also tend to be less fickle.

DMG even mentions that characters could potentially have multiple cohorts, but the feat really only allows for one.

[hr]

Iím still waiting for a response from Tarinth. Entertainer13 already said heís not available.

In the meantime, here are the previous candidates that we did not use:
Hiram, LE Human Cleric of Power (http://thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=4650), by Maurkov
Ranelath Sunscythe, LG Human Paladin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=52848), by Nexus-R.C._Mina
Cob, N Halfling Cleric of Boccob and Malconvoker (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=52846), by Methates
Hoss Ravencourt, LN Human Rogue (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=49231), by dathom
Malon Flammar, NG Human Cleric of Pelor (http://www.campaign-blog.com/view.php?id=8587), by Solophoenix
M. Xavier Seneschal, N Human Egoist (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=53026), by yango
Dain Ironwrought, CN Dwarf Warblade (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=4038), by wadledo

And characters that were with us:
Orthus, by Zero Numerous: Dropped out due to waning interest in role-playing.
Terminus Aristi, LN Human Cleric of Fate (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=4014), byXerah: Dropped out due to real-life conflicts
Pyro Aeliat, NG Gray Elf Factotum (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=53664), by Frosty: Stopped posting with no explanation

[hr]

And thanks for the nudge, Lycar. Iím just going through a brief ďposting is too hardĒ phase. I also need to dig out the map so I can be sure I get the location right myself. :smallwink:

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-13, 03:47 PM
Do Not Want:
Dain: CN Warblade
-I don't like playing with CN characters unless I know the player, since many people play CN as an excuse to be disruptive.

Orthus: Dropped out
Pyro: Dropped out
-These are pretty obvious, one dropped out because he didn't like the game, and the other dropped out w/o telling us.

Hiram: Cleric of Power
-I don't like the concept of a 'cleric of power'.

Others in order of preference:
Terminus: LN Cleric of Fate
Ranelath: Paladin
Cob: Cleric of Boccob
Hoss: LN Rogue
Malon: NG Cleric of Pelor
Xavier: N Egoist

Also -

I plan to start up a PbP game in the near future. If either of you are interested, I'd be happy to guarantee you a spot. It won't be a long game, what could probably be run in a single tabletop session or two.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-12-13, 08:35 PM
I plan to start up a PbP game in the near future. If either of you are interested, I'd be happy to guarantee you a spot. It won't be a long game, what could probably be run in a single tabletop session or two.
Cool. What kind of game would it be?

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-13, 08:52 PM
Short Version:
Tier 3 D&D 3.5 Game, Level 3 characters, with a pit stop to level up to 4 and buy/sell magic items halfway through.

By Tier 3, I mean I am asking players to optimize to that level of effectiveness, not actual class restrictions.

The premise is pretty simple. Deliver message from captain of the guard in town A to baron in castle B, and have zany adventures along the way there and back.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-12-13, 10:32 PM
Awesome. Let me know when youíre starting.

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-14, 12:37 AM
Here is the recruiting thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9962798#post9962798). All the info is there. Except the part where you are guaranteed a spot, on account of I've gamed with you for awhile.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-12-15, 09:10 AM
Got a no-go from Tarinth.

Lycar: Got any preferences as far as recruiting some new blood goes?

Lycar
2010-12-15, 01:51 PM
Not really.

Although a rogue could do well with some buffs provided by a cleric.

While Grigor is a fighter at heart, he certainly prefers to help out his buddies with buffs and heals instead of going 'zilla himself. After all, Olidamarra is a lot about not-being-a-jerk. :smallwink:

Having said that, a warblade would do even better. Maybe... too good?

But I do have to say, a Cleric of Power sounds not too encouraging really.

A Paladin would be nice to have though.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-12-21, 11:10 AM
Okay, after looking at user profiles for posting activity, Iím thinking we should go with Ranelath Sunscythe, by Nexus-R.C._Mina, then. Howís that sound?

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-21, 01:05 PM
Sure. We really needed a traditional noun-verber in this party. :smallbiggrin:

Should probably let him know that my anti-paladin vibe is purely in character. oogly, I love paladins (conceptually, but we won't go into my thoughts on implementation).

Lycar
2010-12-22, 04:21 PM
Paladin is fine. So this is a 36 point Paladin? Works for me, they need those stats.

A Pelorite with a scythe... interesting. Oh well, Grigor doesn't mind paladins as long as they don't forget that the Prime Material Plane is not Celestia and that ordinary folks sometimes just can't quite live up to the high standards.

Lycar
2010-12-24, 05:00 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone. :smallsmile:

Also: Hopefully you find more then just coal in your stockings. ;)

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-12-26, 05:32 PM
Merry Christmas.

Finally got Dungeon Crawliní Fools. Yay!

Now that the major distraction for myself is over, Iíll see about picking the pace back up.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-12-29, 01:14 PM
Got confirmation from Nexus for joining up. So current party layout isÖ

Megiddo, Cerebremancer
Grigor, Cleric
Ranelath, Paladin
Tell, Druid cohort
Redithidoor, class-undisclosed NPC

Do we want to flesh this out with anything else?

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-30, 01:51 AM
I was actually thinking we might drop off Tell with the big wig druid, since we picked up another player. Also, I have less free time than I thought I would, so not sure I can run a second character.

Lycar
2011-01-01, 12:21 AM
Happy new year everybody! :)

Lycar

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-01-01, 09:45 AM
Happy New year.

2011 is pretty good so far. Though I've barely been awake for more than an hour of it in my time zone.

Miraqariftsky
2011-01-10, 02:25 PM
Annnnnd goooood evening [?] to y'all, folks. Hope y'all are well.

Sorreh fer me late arrival. Juuuuuust waitin' on the good chief Shhalahr's answers/confirmations/clarifications to the PM that I sent him afore I zip on over to the IC fer my entry proper.

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-01-10, 10:24 PM
Donít worry. Got a response coming. I think itís about time for some Gather Information checks. And those are a good way to meet people. :smallwink:

EDIT: Itís getting late. Iíll get to the results of the information gathering tomorrow. (Though Iíve already rolled for Redithidoor. He successfully aids the primary roll (additional +2 to the check)).

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-01-12, 11:23 PM
Ranelath can probably show up about any time now.

Lycar
2011-01-14, 02:00 PM
Is the party splitting just supposed to get rid of our NPC Tell?

Otherwise we should consider how we get our new PC into the party. Maybe meet him at Jaroo's place for some reason?

Miraqariftsky
2011-01-14, 02:12 PM
Ding-dong...

...Good evening [?], hope y'all are well.

Koff. Hope y'all don't mind a spot of verse here and there from yours truly. Though, admittedly, nebulous... still working some things out with the chief.

Skjaldbakka
2011-01-14, 02:45 PM
@Lycar: That is the idea.

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-01-14, 03:54 PM
Havenít had a chance to really go over everything in your last PM, Nexus. Iíll get a better chance later tonight.

Miraqariftsky
2011-01-15, 01:28 PM
No worries, chief. Take it easy, eh, sir?
Been there. Just getting back into the groove of things meself.

Lycar
2011-01-24, 01:28 AM
If neither Tell nor Megiddo want to say anything, due to embarrassment, should Grigor do the talking?

Skjaldbakka
2011-01-24, 01:38 AM
I had tell say something

Lycar
2011-01-24, 11:46 AM
Yes, but he didn't get past a mumbled apology for breaking the door. :smalltongue:

I'm talking about chatting up the strangers that Yahoo guy is with. :smallwink:

Okay, let me think...

Miraqariftsky
2011-01-24, 11:49 AM
Well, I was waiting on the "Chief's Word"...
...buuuuuut mebbe this be a good time ta step in and investigate what soundsed like a robbery in progress, what with the tell-tale splintered-and-smashed door and outraged/alarmed yells?

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-01-24, 07:06 PM
^ Yeah, itís a good time.

Anyway, I gotta apologize if Iíve been flaking out a bit. Iíve been feeling a bit fuzzy-headed all week. Been interfering with my motivation to post.

Plus I need to catch up on re-working a few key character stats and maps that we will probably need soon.

And thatís not even considering my time-management issues with real life concerns, which have also been affected by aforementioned fuzzy-headedness. :smallfrown:

Anyway, thingsíll be back on track soon, I think.

Lycar
2011-01-25, 01:53 PM
He, Real Life (TM) always comes first!

But it is good to see that you seem to get things straightened out. Gaming is supposed to be a fun and ideally relaxing pasttime, not some dreaded obligation!

Miraqariftsky
2011-01-26, 12:53 PM
Indeed. Meatspace always takes precedence. Daresay, been there. Right bad place, yes?
Me pray'rs to ye, sir.

Lycar
2011-01-27, 04:44 PM
Any reaction from Jaroo or his 'guests' ?

Miraqariftsky
2011-01-28, 11:27 AM
In the same vein, any reaction from... well... "to whom it may concern, there's a warrior with drawn blade investigating a ruckus in these 'ere parts and from the noise and broken door, suspects robbery"?

Erm... and if I may humbly ask, do y'all think I should drop the verse-form or just use it sometimes?

Lycar
2011-01-28, 05:58 PM
Oh it is just I don't want to respond to the new arrival until I know what reaction, if any, Grigor provokes from these strangers. :smallamused:

As for the verse, use it sparingly and it will have good effect. use it always and, well, it will get old soon. So use it sometimes and you are good.

Or you just mix and match: Verse for internal monologue and such and actual speech and action descriptions in normal. :smallsmile:

Skjaldbakka
2011-01-28, 08:19 PM
verse form is fine by me

Miraqariftsky
2011-01-29, 11:38 AM
M'alrighty, thankee, chaps.

And agreed with ye there, Lycar. Quite valid points, ~shrug~ but alas, can't help meself when flash-inspiration strikes.

Lycar
2011-01-31, 01:30 PM
So, any reaction from Jaroo or the strangers? At all?

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-02-02, 10:15 PM
I hope to get back in the groove of things this weekend. Got a trip tomorrow, though.

Lycar
2011-02-03, 03:11 PM
Oh okay, just as long as you assure us that the game isn't dead. :smallsmile:

Lycar
2011-02-10, 02:56 PM
Any news? Inquiring minds want to know... :smalleek:

Miraqariftsky
2011-02-13, 11:05 AM
@^: Chalk me down for "hopeful", bub. Pretty sure the good chief Shhalahr is presently taking care of meatspace matters but will, when things get better, pull a MacArthur and 'will return'.

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-03-07, 09:40 PM
Okay, so whatís a week or four in the grand scheme of things?

All right, itís updated. Letís see where this goes.

Skjaldbakka
2011-03-08, 01:56 PM
The only thing of note is a wrinkled corner of a fur rug exposing an out-of-place plank on the lodgeís dirt floor.

Does this make my elf senses tingle?

[roll0] Search

edit- apparently not

Miraqariftsky
2011-03-09, 01:30 PM
Question for the chief: What sort of "buzzing" is this, sir?

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-03-13, 06:08 PM
Hah! Spell-like ability for the stealth! :smallwink:

Damn. I forgot about RedithidoorÖ

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-03-13, 10:00 PM
Got the map finished, but donít have time to do a post update tonight. Gotta get some sleep.

But hereís the map: http://alpha.dragonflightstudios.com/showmap.php?mapNum=jarooslodge&turn=1

Lycar
2011-03-14, 12:10 AM
Hehe. Okay, another battle then.

Init: [roll0]

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-03-14, 05:40 AM
Hehe. Okay, another battle then.
Well, likely anyway. I just figure timing may be important.

Lycar
2011-03-15, 02:30 PM
Okay, confused now. Grigor needs input... or rather, his player does. :smalltongue:

Roll Sense Motive to figure out what the hell is going on... is that Jaroo guy with these two or is he not: [roll0].

Skjaldbakka
2011-03-15, 04:17 PM
I think that is DC20. Clearly, you should roll on the confusion chart :p

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-03-15, 06:30 PM
Jaroo is clearly more mad at you guys for breaking his door than he is with the people in his lodge.

Whether or not he is ďwithĒ them is another thing entirely.

Lycar
2011-03-18, 02:48 PM
Sorry for the late answer, hectic week. :smallyuk:

One should think, a week off would be a bit more rejuvenating, but not when one has to go through the necessary hassles of buying an apartment. :smallsigh:

Skjaldbakka
2011-03-18, 09:44 PM
If applicable:

Tell's Initiative:

To-Hit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll]2d4+2d6+7 edit- ok, so that doesn't work, but it doesn't matter.
Taking Penalty to deal non-lethal damage, attacking the blond man. Not power attacking.

Also, the link to Tell's sheet is about to change, per message from mythweavers when I brought it up. The new link is http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=30905

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-03-23, 08:09 PM
Oh, now Iím forgetting about Tell, too.

ooc: Activating wand of detect good. If there are no good auras present, Megiddo will say "Tell, subdue them. My spell has confirmed my suspicions."
Based on the map, only the three in the building are in the cone.
Hm, true neutral wizard, using simple lack of Good auras as evidence of wrongdoing? With one of the suspects being a druid? :smallamused:

Skjaldbakka
2011-03-24, 01:34 AM
His mind was already made up. Lack of evil would be insufficient, because it is simple to shield from a detect evil spell. But faking a good aura is more difficult, and the odds that none of them are cultists, and none of them have a good aura, slim, in his eyes.

So yes, lack of a good aura, plus suspicious behavior, enough for Megiddo.

Lycar
2011-03-27, 10:52 AM
So we fight now?

Skjaldbakka
2011-03-27, 10:17 PM
Sorry I haven't been paying attention to this much in the past week. Been busy setting up for the con this weekend (which turned out to be a bust :smallfrown:)

Lycar
2011-03-30, 12:28 PM
So I really am at a loss about how Grigor should react to this. He really ought to try stop a fight from breaking out but I am not too happy to go and act against a fellow player here. :smallannoyed:

Skjaldbakka
2011-03-30, 12:51 PM
You should refocus.

Skjaldbakka
2011-04-06, 12:58 AM
My next action depends on what Jaroo does.

edit - still really can't declare my action until I know what the enemy spellcaster is going to do.

Skjaldbakka
2011-04-13, 11:41 AM
Rolls:

[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Listen

Skjaldbakka
2011-04-22, 11:47 AM
Are we waiting for Megiddo's action? Because I thought we were waiting for the NPCs actions.

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-04-22, 09:01 PM
Actually, itís Ranelathís turn. Was giving him a shot to get back. I got a PM from Nexus and thought heíd be back soon. Oh, well, Iíll see about getting an update tomorrow morning.

Lycar
2011-05-03, 03:35 PM
Hello? Is this thing still on?

Skjaldbakka
2011-05-03, 05:07 PM
I don't know what we are waiting for.

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-05-03, 08:49 PM
Oh, Iím sorry.

When I mention it being someoneís turn after that characterís turn is posted, feel free to point that out to me. Obviously, at such a time, I had been overcome with a case of temporary blindness of some sort :smallredface:.

Edited in an update to the IC thread.

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-05-04, 09:00 PM
(hoping it is ok to speak out-of-turn)
Of course. Outright stated as being one of the few free actions you can take out of turn. I mostly keep the NPCs from speaking out of turn to avoid confusion when there are a lot of folks acting.

EDIT: Oops. Just realized I forgot to change the initiative for Megiddoís readied action.

Skjaldbakka
2011-05-11, 12:34 AM
That was a tumble check, right?

Also, do I hit armor with a 15? If so, what kind of armor does it feel like?

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-05-11, 08:50 PM
That was a tumble check, right
Certainly resembled one.

Also, do I hit armor with a 15?
Nope.

Scratch that. Just realized that I miscalculated his touch AC. Itís some sort of leather armor.

Skjaldbakka
2011-05-12, 12:09 PM
[roll0] trying that to-hit roll again

Lycar
2011-05-12, 01:27 PM
At least the old man rolled really well on his grapple check. :smalleek:

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-05-24, 09:35 PM
Been spending the past couple of days recovering from a tornado. No, it was nothing like the one in Missouri, or even the one in Minneapolis, so no worries. Just property damage, and that goes for the whole town. Other than the downed tree, everything else for my house has been minor. Just had power restored this evening.

Anyway, Iíll see about getting a proper update out tomorrow.

Lycar
2011-05-29, 04:30 AM
Aw man, tornado! :smalleek:

And here I thought last week's thunderstorm was bad weather. All it did was mess up TV reception while it lasted. Heh, seems I'm spoiled rotten as far as weather goes...

Skjaldbakka
2011-06-01, 01:55 AM
[roll0] Spellcraft check for lingering aura.

It looks like my die decided to take 10 for me.

Lycar
2011-06-15, 06:33 PM
*poke poke* Are we still playing? :smallconfused:

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-06-15, 07:19 PM
*poke poke* Are we still playing? :smallconfused:
Sorry about that. Back in job hunt mode. Thatís all.

Lycar
2011-06-16, 01:45 PM
Oh okay then. RL always comes first. :smallsmile:

Lycar
2011-06-27, 01:41 PM
Can Grigor just take care of the zombie or doe we have to roll some dice?

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-06-27, 06:31 PM
Can Grigor just take care of the zombie or doe we have to roll some dice?
The zombie is helpless. Itís automatic as long as neither Megiddo nor Tell stop Grigor.

Or some other thing in the cellar that you are not aware of. If there is such a thing. :smallamused:

Lycar
2011-06-30, 02:01 PM
I have decided to call your bluff. :smallbiggrin:

Lycar
2011-07-10, 02:39 PM
Anything about those trunks?

Skjaldbakka
2011-07-15, 12:50 AM
ok, so which one is Ranelath, and which one is Redithidoor?

Lycar
2011-07-17, 07:23 AM
Anything about the chests?

I mean, we could cut to the chase here and Grigor just tries to pry them open?

Lycar
2011-07-22, 04:54 PM
I should notify you of the fact that I will be on vacation for a week, starting this monday.

I will not have internet access during this time.

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-07-23, 10:11 AM
NotificationÖ noted.

Lycar
2011-08-03, 04:52 PM
I'm back in case someone is wondering.

Grigor isn't going to call 'dibs' on anything in case you are wondering.

So... should we get our prisoners into town now?

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-08-05, 08:10 PM
So... should we get our prisoners into town now?
Grigor might want to consult with Megiddo on that.

Lycar
2011-09-01, 05:57 AM
Grigor still guards the captives in case you are wondering.

Lycar
2011-09-06, 02:27 PM
*poke poke* Is this still on?

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-09-06, 08:38 PM
Wow. My subscription wasnít working. I missed that there had been replies.

Sorry.

Lycar
2011-09-08, 06:19 PM
Oh that reminds me: Can Grigor hazard a guess about how long 'Jaroo's' apprentice has been dead, judging from the progress of decomposition of the zombified corpse?

He does have a +8 in Heal in case it helps.

Skjaldbakka
2011-09-22, 11:48 PM
Have any of the other prisoners stirred yet?

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-09-23, 09:48 AM
Yeah, the swordsman should probably be waking up in a moment or so. And ďJarooĒ shortly thereafter.

You didnít do that much nonlethal damage to them.

Lycar
2011-10-23, 12:21 PM
Are we still playing this?

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-10-24, 07:44 PM
Yep. Weíre good. Kinda had a rough week. On my end. Also wanted to give Megiddo a chance to react to the Will Save if he wanted to do so.

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-11-03, 03:26 PM
Been wondering if it would help get things back in gear if we tried out a real-time session via Skype or something. Time difference could be a problem, though. Iím currently UTC Ė5, but the DST changeover to UTC Ė6 is this Sunday.

What do you think?

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-11-09, 02:30 PM
Just saying Iím still around. Just finishing up some important job application work and fighting some writerís block with regards to our pending scene change.

Lycar
2011-11-09, 05:05 PM
Just for the record: I appreciate your offer but the difference in time zones means that this isn't really feasible I'm afraid.

There is a 6 hour difference between here and New York or eastern time.

When it s evening for you it is midnight for me. Sorry, no can do.

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-11-09, 05:33 PM
When it s evening for you it is midnight for me. Sorry, no can do.
Iím a morning person, really. Most of the time Iíd rather play early in the day than late in the evening. I can be up and ready to play by 9:00 am, and it would be 4:00 pm for you.

Lycar
2011-11-11, 01:55 PM
Huh, curious. :smallamused:

I'm more of an owl myself. At any rate, depending on my work schedule I'm usually home at 7 or 8 or 8:30 PM. And I like to eat too.

But hey, fridays and weekends are a possibility.

On Skype my handle is Lycarr (stupid must-have-6-letters-name limitation).

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-11-16, 12:04 PM
Okay, things just got busy on my end, so perhaps weíll just call it an official vacation until after next week. Maybe we can look into that Skype thing then, too.

Lycar
2011-11-16, 03:30 PM
*poke*? :smallconfused:

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-11-17, 02:53 PM
*poke*? :smallconfused:
What? Something wrong?

Lycar
2011-11-17, 03:02 PM
Waiting for you to continue the game?

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-11-19, 02:17 PM
Not up for the vacation? Iíll see what I can come up with.

Is Skjaldbakka still around?

Lycar
2011-11-25, 12:33 PM
Maybe send a PM and ask?

Skjaldbakka
2011-11-27, 02:05 AM
Sorry guys. Was unexpectedly without internet access for awhile there.

Edit- I'd be up for giving a chat or skype game a try, if we can get scheduling worked out. I think chat might work better, I think there are some chat clients with built in dicerollers. Also, I like looking back at old online games, and a chat would leave a record for posterity.

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-11-27, 11:30 PM
I think some AIM clients can record audio. But if searching for specific info is easier with a text transcript.

If we want to use a client with a dice roller, we could also go whole-hog with one that includes a map client, tooóit would be easier than having to refresh the current pages after every move. I know I few years ago I looked at a freeware Java client. Unfortunately, I do not recall its name and no longer possess the link.

EDIT: It might have been this: MapTool. (http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=maptool)

Skjaldbakka
2011-11-28, 05:27 PM
I can't get that one to work on my computer. I tried to run a game with AP using that a couple years back, and this dinosaur would not connect.

I'd planned to get a new computer by the end of the year, but that doesn't look like it is going to happen.

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-11-28, 07:33 PM
Okay. Refreshing the current map page will probably have to do then.

Lycar
2011-11-29, 02:08 PM
I should point out that I'll be on vacation from 03.12. - 17.12. and very likely have only intermittent internet access, so postings will be sporadic.

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-11-30, 11:01 PM
Okay, I think Iím just gonna have to get my gumption up and scrape up an actual update tomorrow.

I am so sorry. My head is just not where it should be lately.

Lycar
2011-12-08, 12:51 PM
Re: Your avatar...

Tenser's floating Disc is really useful for keeping these loot/treasure/gift sacks afloat, isn't it. :smallwink: