PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Please help me find the 1e Stoner God

Blind_Prophet
2021-01-23, 10:28 PM
Pretty much the title, a while back i was trying to build a character that thought the material plane would be better off if the various deities (regardless of alignment) just went away, preferably by amicable means but by force if necessary (one thought was to become a god himself and use his powers to inhabit the astral plane and cut of all travel in or out of it)

anyways in my search for ideas for this i stumbled upon a deity that IIRC actually tried to do this until he got fed up and decided to basically become a stoner, he appears as just a generic peasent and likes to share his "medicine" w/ other mortals and swap stories, etc.

Thats all i can remember about him but I cant find him anywhere and I'm hoping to have my character for an upcoming Skulls and Shackles game worship him. My charcter is gonna be a Terrakineticist which is a kineticist that has access to all the elements but only one at a time based on what ranger favored terrain he is in (ie. underground = earth, ocean = water, urban = aether, etc.) and personality wise I'm going to play him very "go w/ the flow" hippie stoner kind of thing. Likely True Neutral...currently have Onos as a placeholder Deity but really hoping to find the stoner god.

legomaster00156
2021-01-23, 11:48 PM
You are probably thinking of Ghenshau, Breezes-Still-and-Ripples-Cease (https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Ghenshau), but that was not his backstory.

lylsyly
2021-01-24, 12:48 AM
Actually HE inhabits this forum ... HIS name is LYLSYLY ;-D))))

Kurald Galain
2021-01-24, 06:30 AM
Cayden Cailean?

lylsyly
2021-01-24, 07:25 PM
Cayden Cailean?

Sounds pretty close to what the OP wants. Thanks for that. I had to drag out the books (we include a very limited PF content in our games despite having all the books) but now I want to make a TWF tankard weilding brewkeeper alchemist ;-)

Blind_Prophet
2021-01-24, 11:06 PM
Yes it's totally Ghenshau Thanks :D

Ghenshau once strove to understand every aspect of creation and to create perfect order and goodness. As the empyreal lord added more and more elements to his world equation, however, he realized that his efforts were futile. Ghenshau abandoned his work and instead learned to appreciate the elements of peace and tranquility that come with acceptance.

At first glance, Ghenshau could be mistaken for a Tian peasant boy, often wearing a hat of woven rushes and simple linen clothes. The hat shelters his beautiful face and his level, serene gaze. His clothes bear elegantly embroidered trim depicting fantastic birds, foo creatures, and runes. He carries a pipe in his hand and a workman’s axe tucked into his rope belt.

The pastoral fields and beaten trails of Heaven are home to Ghenshau, but he can be found sleeping on the banks of rivers or daydreaming in a wooded
thicket as often as he is met on the road, where he’s always ready to stop and share tales with a stranger over a drink and a smoke.

Not exactly how I remember it but pretty close (mainly misremembered what he gave up on)