PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Heart Chapter 3

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-07, 11:18 AM
The Dark Heart Chapter 3

Current Challenge: Discover the true fate of the star-crossed expedition.

You step into the pool and feel yourselves step out of yourselves. The sensation is akin to the feeling of falling and weightlessness you sometimes experience when you’re trying to sleep, then it becomes painful. For one brief moment you are part of everything, you see everything: The forest, the desert, the ocean, a strange city, forgotten places, the jungle burning- then nothing. Time loses its meaning.

As suddenly as you entered this state, you are ejected from it. You spill downward onto the ground as if spit out by a solid wall, and find yourself lying on the floor.

You are indoors, in a large man made structure. The place is in serious decay- ruins. Every surface of the cavernous room is covered with vines and moss. Plants have split the floor stones through centuries of neglect for their upkeep. It is day, and light streams down through the great holes permeating the high, arched roof. You get the sense that you are in a holy place, perhaps a temple.

There is a raised platform in front of you, near where the wall spat you out. Next to it is a square hole with a steep decline built into it that descends into darkness. Behind you a large doorway looms- if there was ever a door in it, you couldn’t say. The outside is jungle as far as the eye can see with mountains rising in the distance. Heat and humidity fill the place, as do buzzing insects and birdcalls.

You enter the room in the order you arrive to this thread. IC thread begins now.

Lochar
2007-11-07, 11:26 AM
Stimpas

Stimpas stands and looks around, attempting to get his bearings. "Next time I get thrown through a divine being's portal, I'd really rather it be Koros."

He checks on the others and then begins looking around the room's ruins.

K: Religion +6, no search modifier

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-07, 11:35 AM
Stimpas:
Nobody else is yet present. You had a very good check. You are definitely in a temple of some sort. The raised platform is an alter, and you can intuit from its unique shape that sacrifices were performed upon it. The pit to the right of the alter is most likely a depository for the remains of said sacrifices.

The_Werebear
2007-11-07, 11:39 AM
Andas True Face

Hrmm... The new shaman kneels on the floor and whispers a quick prayer of thanks for deliverance. He then stands, glancing about, taking in his surroundings. Delving into his knew knowledge, he tries to figure out exactly where he is.

Knowledge: Local +9, Knowledge: Religion +6, Spot +8, Search +1 if there is a secret door nearby.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-07, 02:11 PM
Andas:
There is something strangely familiar about this place, you feel weirdly at home, as if you share some spiritual connection to it. You also notice what look like carvings on the walls beneath the overgrowth and decay.

Chami emerges from a glowing circle on the wall and falls down onto the floor.

Yeowch! he says. Spirits... Never trust them.

The_Werebear
2007-11-07, 03:05 PM
Andas

The elf responds coldly. I believe she is perfectly trustworthy, and she has kept her bargain. We are in a safe place, and on the mainland I believe. The shaman walks over, swiping away some of the plant matter. He examines the relief closely

More knowledge religion and Local.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-07, 03:42 PM
Andas:
The reliefs bare a resemblance to those found back on Nagumi (the island) in the cave. This was a temple to her once, back when he had a following on the mainland, many year ago. You think that maybe this was the only place the spirit had the strength to transport you to.

The_Werebear
2007-11-07, 03:49 PM
Andas

With a self satisfied nod to himself, Andas calls out to the others. See? It is like I said. We are at a Holy Place of Nagumi. Perfectly safe.

Lochar
2007-11-07, 03:53 PM
Stimpas

"No offense to your new god, Andas, but I won't feel safe until I know more of where we are at than lost somewhere in an old temple."

Stimpas turns to Chami. "Does any of this look familiar? Are we near your old home?"

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-07, 03:58 PM
Chami looks around.

Dere's someting familiar about dis place...

He goes to the door and looks out at the jungle, then climbs up the wall, disappearing from sight. After a few minutes, you see the monkey poke his head through one of the holes in the roof. He calls down to you:

Ya, I know where we are. We are near my home... maybe two days away from my village. I came here once before when I travel to da Yuka lands to meet wit dere chief. He was a tough Yuka, but his bite not as bad as my bark.

Lochar
2007-11-07, 04:00 PM
Stimpas

"It's good that we're close to something akin to civilization then. Issian, what say you about finding more about this place?"

The_Werebear
2007-11-07, 04:03 PM
Andas

Yes... I know of this temple, but I am woefully lacking in terms of context. Scouting would be a good idea.

Freshmeat
2007-11-07, 07:12 PM
Carlyss Aritonn

Carlyss shakes his head for a moment and stands up, taking in his unusual surroundings with keen interest.

"Certainly not my preferred method of travel," he says with a wry smile. "but at least we got off that damn island." As he approaches the door and the jungle comes into view, he adds with a tone of uncertainty in his voice. "At least, I think we did..."

While the others perform a routine inspection of the walls and altar, Carlyss warrior stops for a couple of seconds and focuses on whether he hears anything of note.

Listen (+7)

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-07, 07:29 PM
Carlyss:
Nope.

Lochar
2007-11-07, 07:36 PM
Stimpas

Stimpas takes a closer look at the altar, making sure to not actually step on the altar ground.

Looking for if the sacrifices were humanoid in nature, or animals.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-07, 08:03 PM
Stimpas:
A little bit of column A, a little bit of column B. You see there are claw marks on the alter. Also, you see the decrepit mechanism that may have been used to bind a humanoid to the alter.

Lochar
2007-11-07, 08:08 PM
Stimpas

Stimpas looks at the altar, and then looks away with a sickened look. He turns to Andas. "You might consider a kinder, gentler way to handle Nagumi's affairs, Andas. Because if I ever catch you sacrificing a sentient being, we'll be having many words. And none of them pleasant."

Chineselegolas
2007-11-07, 08:48 PM
Matthew

Coming out of the portal, Matthew looked around at the surroundings before walking over to the holes and crouched down next to it, peering into the darkness. "Could someone bring a light, so I can see what lays down here. I'm curious"

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-07, 08:52 PM
The pit is dark, deep, and steep.

The_Werebear
2007-11-07, 08:53 PM
Andas

The new shaman smirks and shakes his head to the rustling of his feathered robes. Nagumi needs new living blood, not spilled blood. If it comes to be that Nagumi is powerful enough to want sacrifice, then it won't be me with which you want words. I'll have been rewarded by joining Nagumi herself.

Lochar
2007-11-07, 09:08 PM
Stimpas

Stimpas nods, accepting Andas words. "If and when that time comes, I'll bring it up with whomever must hear it."

Kesnit
2007-11-08, 09:11 AM
Soondra

Soondra appeared, but immeditally fell to the floor. The transport had made her dizzy, and she was slow to stand and join the others. Please, Rothgar, no more mead... she muttered, rather confused.

Slowly, reality returned to her and she managed to get to her feet. Hmm... The decore leaves something to be desired...

The_Werebear
2007-11-08, 10:38 AM
Andas

I'll continue to ignore your derision at the temple of my mistress. :smallannoyed:

Holocron Coder
2007-11-08, 10:59 AM
Valtar

Valtar tumbles onto the ground after being spit out of the portal. Standing up quickly, he looks around the temple's main room, taking in the ruin and decay. "So... nice place your master has here, Andas," the scout comments, walking to the large entrance and looking out over the jungle.

After listening to Chami's comments about his village, Valtar speaks up, "Would you be permitted to return to your home, my friend? I seem to remember you being rather... forcibly ejected from here before."

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-08, 11:10 AM
Like I said before, Chami tells you, If I return, I'll be killed. If any Overrealmers show up (that's you) they will be killed. They can tell you by your looks and your speech, not to mention that you won't be able to question them, since I'm the only one that learned your language. My magic isn't strong enough to disguise you or change your speech. It's a conundrum. The monkey scratches his head.

Lochar
2007-11-08, 11:12 AM
Stimpas

"How about the Yuka you were talking about? Would it be possible to meet with them?"

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-08, 04:53 PM
Possible, but not recommended. They are very war-like and unfriendly to strangers. Also, they would not be able to shine any light on what happened in my village, since they are kept off of our land by Citydweller soldiers.

Chineselegolas
2007-11-08, 05:42 PM
Matthew

"So the locals will kill us. Does Nagumi hold any sway over them?" Matthew asked, getting up from where had been peering down the hole. "If so then Andas should get some respect, which we could use."

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-08, 06:49 PM
Nagumi is an old spirit. I never heard of him myself, until I got to de island and Papa Sisi told me about her, and I am one of de most knowledgeable people here when it come to old stories. De only person I can tink of dat might know about Nagumi is Baba Mona, but... well... she a little scary. Chami shivers a bit. An old witch, nobody really know just how old she is, but she used to scare me grandfather when he was a boy. She taught me a little bit of what I know, but I don't know if she'd help us.

Kesnit
2007-11-08, 06:59 PM
Soondra

The monkey's phrasing caught Soondra's attention. You said she is scary, but did not say dangerous. Do you think this 'Baba Mona' would help us?

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-08, 07:47 PM
She and I left on... sort of bad terms. I'm afraid of what she'll do to me if we go to her... but... she has powerful magic. Very powerful. If anybody could help us, it's her.

The_Werebear
2007-11-08, 08:52 PM
Andas

If she does know of Nagumi, she will respect my power. Recognize it at least. I vote for questioning her.

Kesnit
2007-11-10, 11:07 PM
Sorry, GJ, I don't check the boards as often on weekends because I'm not at work, bored.

It seems to be this Baba Mona is our only option. Unless anyone can think of something else?

Xanos
2007-11-11, 03:20 PM
(Either I missed the link for this, or I had no idea this excisted ;p)

Issian

Issian, growning, slowly stands up. Obviously not feeling very well, he shakes his head from side to side. After a while, he looks around keenly. he sharpens his senses to get an overall sense of what's going on.
He approaches the others. "What happened, where are we?"

Listen, Spot and Know: Religion checks. The Tangled Web is down, so I have no idea what my mods are. I think they're +1, +5 and +7 or so.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-11, 07:47 PM
Issian:
Your sharp senses reveal all the information in the thread.

Freshmeat
2007-11-12, 04:18 PM
Carlyss Aritonn

Setting himself down on the altar, Carlyss listens to what their strange guide had to say and nods approvingly.
"This 'Baba Mona' sounds like the person we need. Am I right in assuming she lives somewhere around these parts? Alone, preferably? We don't want to anger the locals with our presence."

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-12, 09:23 PM
Oh yes. She live alone... very much alone. She make sure of that. But I know de way. It is near here. If you insist, I take you.

The_Werebear
2007-11-13, 02:19 AM
Andas

The elf nods. Take us. I wish to see this... person who could help.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-13, 03:05 PM
Uneasily, Chami leads you through the jungle to Baba Mona's hut. The trip takes a day and a half, but nothing of interest happens along the way. The mainland is a little safer than Nagumi, Chami explains.

As the sun begins to set on the second day, Chami slows his pace. He seems to be looking for signs and landmarks.

We are almost dere, Chami says. This is de bone tree.

Looming above you is a sinister looking tree. At a glance, there is something unplaceabley wrong about it, but Ishian's sharp senses spot branches full of real bones.

Spin around three times to pass it. Otherwise... well, my uncle died this way. You don't want to become a part of the tree.

He spins in place three times before safely passing the tree, and you all do the same. Finally, as the sun dips below the horizon, you happen upon Baba Mona's hut. It's a squat construction with a hole in the roof for the noxious flume of billowing smoke. A fire outside the hut casts light over the area.

Uh... Baba Mona? Chami calls.

Chami! comes a cracked voice from inside the hut. You have a lot of nerve showing your face here again. She speaks no language you know of, but you can understand her none the less. Baba Mona emerges from her hut, bent and time-ravaged as if she decays before your very eyes. You've heard the phrase "old as the hills" before, but never has it been this apt. You truly believe that this woman is as old as the hills- is part of them. She seems inexorably rooted to the land and commands your unflapping attentions.

Matthew:
There is strong magic present on her and around her. The hut is magic, there is a magic aura around the surrounding area including the bone tree, which radiated very strong arcane magic.

Explain yourselves, she says. Speak.

Chineselegolas
2007-11-14, 06:31 AM
Matthew

Whispering to the others, Matthew said quietly "Careful, she is a powerful one" before looking at her and saying "We are here for many reasons. Partly because we were sent to find out about those who came before us, partly because we cannot go home."

The_Werebear
2007-11-14, 11:31 AM
Andas

We seek a party, probably rather like ourselves. They were shipwrecked here first. I have other goals as well. Nagumi has made me her new Shaman, and seeks followers. Andas wracks his brain, trying to think of everything he just learned about this creature.

Knowledge: Local +9

Xanos
2007-11-14, 12:46 PM
Issian

Issian looks around, then focuses on the old hag. He keeps quiet, but goes to stand somewhat in the front, near Baba, ready in case anything happens.

Spot Check +5
Detect Evil on the hag

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-14, 02:02 PM
Baba Mona frowns. Well, what does that have to do with me? You want my help for that? I can tell you there's been no ships wrecked on this shore.

Upon hearing Andas: Nagumi, eh? Haven't heard that name for a long time. An old spirit... but she's long gone. All her followers are dead.

Issian:
Baba Mona is fearsome, but not evil. There is an air of evil about the hut though, as if it contains items infused with evil, or if strong evil spirits have been present there.

Lochar
2007-11-14, 02:07 PM
Stimpas

"Actually, what is left of Nagumi is on one of the islands. Andas converted to her worship in a bargain to help us on our quest."

Kesnit
2007-11-14, 02:09 PM
Soondra

You have not heard about any shipwrecks? None at all?

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-14, 02:14 PM
That is very interesting. Very good to know. She was a once powerful spirit with many followers, and if she's back... Baba Mona pauses a moment as she considers this. Well, since you gave me some news, I'll give you some news. I don't know what happened to the people that you're looking for, but I do know that they didn't shipwreck. Sounds to me like you need to talk with the Zakari tribe.

That's the problem, Chami speaks up. We can't go back there or we'll be killed. They'll be killed because they're foreigners, and I was banished from my tribe.

Oh, so it's my magic you want. Baba Mona smiles. Chami, you know what I want from you. The rest of you can bargain on your own terms for my help.

Kesnit
2007-11-14, 03:19 PM
Soondra

What would you want from us in terms of a bargin?

Lochar
2007-11-14, 03:45 PM
Stimpas

"I would offer my services as a brewer of healing potions to you for a day or two. If you have the proper materials, I can make potions that can reduce wounds lightly. In trade for your assistance."

The_Werebear
2007-11-14, 04:01 PM
Andas

And I could offer the friendship and alliance of Nagumi. She will be a power here again.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-14, 04:33 PM
Baba Mona laughs loudly. Potions? The allegiance of an obsolete spirit? No, no... Those things are of no use to me. But come inside my hut and we can talk about what you can give me. There's room for two inside, myself and one other. Why don't you come in first, my little Shaman? I'm sure we'll have a lot to talk about?

In interest of time, I'd like to conduct all of your bargains simultaneously over PMs rather than working one at a time on the thread. I'll be sending you each a PM following this post.

Lochar
2007-11-14, 05:59 PM
Stimpas

Stimpas enters the hut when required and is in there but a few minutes. He exits afterward, quietly, contemplative.

Holocron Coder
2007-11-15, 03:20 PM
Valtar

Valtar is in the hut but a minute or two before strolling back out, looking mildly confused but still satisfied.

The_Werebear
2007-11-15, 07:26 PM
Andas

The elf staggers out after five minutes or so, looking slightly dazed. There are a pair of horizontal scars on his forearms where none were before.

Lochar
2007-11-15, 07:47 PM
Stimpas

Stimpas looks to the others once he leaves the hut. "I am curious as to what each of us received. Not what was traded, but what was given to help us in our quest." Stimpas touches the symbol on his chest for a moment, head bowed in prayer.

"I was promised our safety, identities hidden from those who mean us harm."

The_Werebear
2007-11-15, 08:15 PM
Andas

She was nonspecific, but said she would help. He shakes his head, seeming to recover his bearing slightly more. She also said something about me being under a curse, and it being lifted for a minute each night. I don't understand what she was talking about. If there was a curse, Nagumi would have removed it when she took me into her service. Again, there is the disturbing, loving tone. If Mona was lying to me to extract more, there will be problems...

Lochar
2007-11-15, 08:26 PM
Stimpas

"We'll wait up tonight then, keeping you awake. We will see if there is a real curse."

He pauses for a moment before continuing. "I will ask Koros for magic to remove curses, just in case."

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-15, 08:32 PM
Her magic is good, Chami says. Whatever help she offers will be useful enough. Whether it's worth what we traded away, that's anybody's guess.

Still negotiating with Issian, Soondra, and Matthew

Lochar
2007-11-15, 08:35 PM
Stimpas

"Since you've apparently traded with her before, what was it you were looking for, Chami? What drove you to her, that you required so badly that you traded something for it? We need to rescue those lost, in a land we don't know. I would not deal as I have if there were other options."

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-15, 08:56 PM
She teach me magic. She show me where de spirits and de gods left de spells dat create de earth. My tribe didn't have any magician, and since I de storyteller, dey send me to learn.

Chami grows whistful for a moment.

Back den, I just did as she asked, I cleaned, I cooked, I told stories, I gathered food and fetched tings for her.

Lochar
2007-11-15, 09:00 PM
Stimpas

"I see." Stimpas is quiet, considering.

The_Werebear
2007-11-16, 01:20 AM
Andas

Debasing yourself for that witch? All she took from me was some blood.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-16, 12:42 PM
Chami shrugs.

If you say so, man. I did what was required of me. I think we all do.

Kesnit
2007-11-16, 01:24 PM
Soondra walked out of the hut, scratching her left ear and tapping herself on the side of the head. Well, that was an..experience...

Lochar
2007-11-16, 01:37 PM
Stimpas

"Blood is a powerful spell component, Andas. It could be used as a focus for any number of effects against you from a distance."

Stimpas shrugs. "But as Chami said, we do what we must."

The_Werebear
2007-11-16, 02:32 PM
Andas

The elf shrugs. She said she wanted some of my power. I figure that is a fair enough trade if it can secure her help in directing people to Nagumi as well.

Lochar
2007-11-16, 02:36 PM
Stimpas

"Your power, as in your own innate energies, or the power you have granted from Nagumi though? As the only true worshipper of Nagumi currently, it would be possible to draw through your clerical powers directly upon her. I do not know how much power Nagumi would have to spare in that case."

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-16, 02:37 PM
I've heard tale of blood magic, Chami says quizically. In the stories, it's always a powerful and horrible magic cast of blood. They say that blood is the strongest offering one can give, stronger than love, prayer, or song. I wonder what she'll do with yours.

Xanos
2007-11-18, 02:37 PM
Issian

Issian stumbles out of the house, trips, and falls to the ground. As he gets up, you notice both of his eyes being closed. He turnes his head from side to side, eyes shut.
"I have a bad feeling about this.. This is not good."

Lochar
2007-11-18, 02:49 PM
Stimpas

Stimpas goes to Issian. "What is the matter?"

Xanos
2007-11-18, 02:51 PM
Issian

Issian looks at the direction of the sound. He keeps cool, but there are some obvious signs of emotions boiling inside. "I cannot open my eyes. They are.. Welted shut."

Lochar
2007-11-18, 02:57 PM
Stimpas

Stimpas blinks in shock. "What in the world did the witch ask you for, that she took your sight?"

The_Werebear
2007-11-18, 03:01 PM
Andas

huh. I am glad I merely donated blood...

Xanos
2007-11-18, 03:03 PM
Issian

"The glow of my eyes.." Issian rubs his hand over his face. "Her magic went wrong, horribly wrong.."

Lochar
2007-11-18, 03:11 PM
Stimpas

"In the morning I will pray for Koros to give me the power to remove blindness. Can you wait that long, Issian?"

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-18, 03:27 PM
Chami gasps in shock. He is not blind, his eyes are gone! Oowai! Oowai, what a horror, oowai!

Lochar
2007-11-18, 03:39 PM
Stimpas

"As Issian has yet to even open his eyes, how can you say that Chami?"

The_Werebear
2007-11-18, 03:51 PM
Andas

Well...Uh... That's incredibly disturbing. Was this an error or intentional, do you think?

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-18, 10:35 PM
Can't you see? He has no eyelids, no eye lashes... his eyes are gone.

As you look closer, you see that Issian's eyes are completely gone.

Freshmeat
2007-11-19, 04:13 AM
Carlyss Aritonn

"What the...?"

Carlyss comes closer to take a look and sees, to his horror, that Issian's eyes have indeed completely disappeared. In a snap, he turns to Chami.

"That's the kind of power this old bat has? The power to mutilate people's faces? We came here looking for help, not for further hindrances!"

Angrily, the warrior storms towards Baba Mona's hut.
"Let's see what the witch has to say about this..."

Xanos
2007-11-19, 10:40 AM
Issian

"Wait, Carlyss!" Issian says, upon hearing Carlyss' reaction. "Let us not rush head-first into anything. We will confront her with it when she comes out. She did warn me, that there was some risk involved, so she is not entirely to blame."
He then turnes to where Stimpas' voice were before. "I will make no demands of you of course, my friend. But if you would try to pray for the power to remove my blindness, it would not be forgotten. I know, that this is nothing of the usual, perhaps not within the spell's power, but alas, I would like for you to try. Perhaps a special prayer of such, a ritual of some kind, might do it. Hm..
There is no foul air between Reo and Koros, we could try together, perhaps. You pray to Koros, I pray to Reo."

The_Werebear
2007-11-19, 11:25 AM
Andas

And if you aren't Biased, I can call for the Aid of Nagumi. She has eyes to spare. He grins, slightly sickly, slightly happy to be helpful.

Lochar
2007-11-19, 11:43 AM
Stimpas

"Any help is better than none, Andas. I will pray for Koros to remove his blindness in the morning then, and we will attempt what the witch called your curse tomorrow night, agreed?"

The_Werebear
2007-11-19, 11:45 AM
Andas

Personally, I think she was just trying to distract me from pressing for more, but... He shakes his head. I can talk to her later about that.

Xanos
2007-11-19, 12:24 PM
Issian

Issian speaks into the air. "I hesistate to call upon the aid of Nagumi. She is a spirit of evil, and your soul is presently seeding with it, as far as I could tell. I will not willingly let her help me in such a manner, not to offend neither you nor her. Reo would be shaken, if the help of him and an evil spirit was called upon at the same time. I think it of no good idea.
Since I put all of your lives above my own, I will not let you fight without me, if I can help it. It is not Reo's way to hide during battle, blinded or not.
If the spell fails, will you hold a ritual with me, Father Stimpas? Call upon the Gods' favour, and try to work this out?"

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-19, 02:04 PM
Matthew stumbles out of Baba Mona's hut in a daze, and he is followed by the witch herself. She stops, looking at the distressed party.

Is there a problem?

Lochar
2007-11-19, 02:12 PM
Stimpas

Stimpas is about to answer Issian when Baba Mona walks out. "How does Issian losing his eyes help any of us in finding the others we were looking for? Nothing you took from any one else is as debilitating as that!" Stimpas' voice starts calm, but reaches a crescendo at the end, nearly yelling at Baba Mona.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-19, 02:32 PM
Baba Mona, unworried, explains:

It was not my intention to take your captain's eyes. He offered up his otherworldly glow, and I accepted. I warned him of the risk involved, and he accepted that as well.

Still, I admit that he did not offer his eyes to me.

She produces a bundle of dried leaves.

You'll be praying to your foreign gods for healing, no doubt, but I warn you that they have less power here. In this land the spirits hold sway, and the gods of the city dwellers. You'd be wise to offer some prayers to the spirits. They are powerful, and many of them that might hear your prayers are good. Offer your love and your songs and you may be answered. And burn this offering, too. She drops the bundle.

That is more than you are entitled to. It's up to you to prove that it is not more than you deserve. You are free to stay on my property and enjoy my protection until the moon sets. When you are ready to receive my aid, you have but to ask.

Xanos
2007-11-19, 02:37 PM
Issian

"I thank you, Baba Mona. This is indeed not your wronging, but hopefully you will understand the sacrifice given, should our prayers not yield true."

Lochar
2007-11-19, 02:39 PM
Stimpas

Stimpas calms down and picks up the bundle. He takes a deep breath. "I apologize for shouting, and thank you for the extra help. May the gods keep you safe."

The_Werebear
2007-11-19, 02:41 PM
Andas

The elf glowers at the celestial. Very well. If you choose to refuse the aid of someone who has sworn to help you... He shakes his head. So arrogant.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-19, 02:43 PM
Baba Mona smirks.

Which ones? she asks, rhetorically, before returning to her hut.

Xanos
2007-11-19, 02:49 PM
Issian

"When dealing with evil, a helpful hand can quickly turn into a knife in the back. Such is the reason why I do not associate with evil, unless I absolutely have to. When a person is not bound by morals, how can one put faith or trust in him?"

The_Werebear
2007-11-19, 02:59 PM
Andas

Because, maybe, I swore I would? Because I am bound by my previous oath to assist you? Or perhaps because I have negotiated that the powers I channel from Nagumi literally can not harm you? He throws his hands in the air in frustration. How can I help if you don't trust me not to kill you simply because my Morals have been corrected from yours.

Lochar
2007-11-19, 03:06 PM
Baba Mona smirks.

Which ones? she asks, rhetorically, before returning to her hut.

Stimpas

"At this point, whichever listen and help without harm." he says, to the closed hut.

Stimpas looks to Issian. "Issian, Koros and Reo are mighty, yes, but I do not think we should turn down help. We do not know what powers Baba Mona invoked, and if local spirits are more adept at dispelling things such as that, it might be wise to include them." He then looks to Andas. "You did indeed bargain to never harm us, but will you again swear to Issian that your magic will not harm him, specifically to this?"

Xanos
2007-11-19, 03:35 PM
Issian

In a modest and honest-sound tone, Issian says:
"I believe you, Andas, but not Nagumi. I trust you, but not her. I know, that in your heart, you are not a follower of evil. I do know, however, that you have touched Nagumi, and have been tainted by her presence, at least to the eye of the divine. You radiate evil where-ever you go now, and I do not know if it is only your aura which have become tainted.
You can never trust evil, not even through swears and oaths. If you swear, as Stimpas say, that her magic cannot harm me, I will believe you, for you are my friend until you give me a reason not to think you as one. However, I have seen what the influence of evil can do to a person, and it will be a long while from now, before I start trusting evil."

The_Werebear
2007-11-19, 06:42 PM
Andas

He shakes his head, even though he is realizing the gestures are wasted effort before the blind paladin. That's because I am no worshiper of evil Issan. Nor is Nagumi truly evil. She does what she must to survive here. Old morality doesn't apply here. This won't be clean. In any case, I did bargain with Nagumi before she blessed me. Her harmful magics will not affect you, but I will be able to aid. I can not yet channel her magic towards removing curses, but I can restore, and I can lend her strength and my power to Stimpas' casting.

Chineselegolas
2007-11-19, 08:22 PM
Matthew

Sitting off to the side, Matthew watched the discussion about Issian's eyes, rubbing at his temples, knowing something was different, but not what.

Getting up and walking over to the others, "Sometimes evil does good. Is hiring an assassin to kill a murderer evil?"

Xanos
2007-11-20, 01:04 AM
Issian
Issian reacts to Matthew's voice. "Using an evil method towards a good cause is evil, indeed. I see your point, Andas, and all this arguing will get us no-where. I will rather have results than our party split."

Holocron Coder
2007-11-20, 09:10 AM
Valtar

Silent throughout the various exchanges, Valtar takes tally of the things the crone took. Issian's glow.. and his eyes, blood from Andas, my taste of salt and sugar... such odd things to collect.

Knowing little to none of arcane matters, Valtar dismisses the train of thought, instead focusing on the development of some religious debate. "I agree, Issian, for what little it matters. We all have to deal with things we are not comfortable with in a land such as this. Perhaps it is as our newly religious friend has said; maybe morality works differently in a place where different gods are stronger."

Valtar shrugs. "As for me, I hold little to deities and spirits. Rarely to never has one intervened in my life to any great degree. On another note, shall we take advantage of the crone's offer and stay here the night?"

Kesnit
2007-11-20, 09:27 AM
Soondra

I think we should stay. Stimpas, and possibly Andas, will need to pray. Since we have a reletively safe place, we should take advantage of it.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-22, 11:28 AM
keeping the thread alive. happy thanksgiving to my American friends

The_Werebear
2007-11-22, 02:37 PM
OOC: I am ready to move on to midnight or the eye restoration. Since I need to prepare spells to help with the latter, Midnight first?

The_Werebear
2007-11-24, 07:19 PM
Andas- Midnight

The elf has been sitting and praying calmly since about 8 in the evening. As midnight approaches, he looks up at the others. Well... it's about Midnight. I think she was playing me for a fool... I really don't even know what type of cur- Andas twitches -ah.. Where am I? Did that face give us what we needed? Gah, she must have pulled a number on me. Where's my familiar? He stands up and brushes himself off. Oh, nice robes. Thanks for putting me in them.

Kesnit
2007-11-24, 08:00 PM
Soondra

Soondra looks at the elf in surprise. Uh, you put on those robes yourself. After you made a deal with Nagumi to become her cleric...

The_Werebear
2007-11-24, 09:53 PM
Andas

Well... I knew I made the deal, but why didn't you wake me up until now? Confusion is evident in his voice. And did anyone catch what they said I was supposed to do?

Xanos
2007-11-25, 03:49 AM
Issian

Issian reacts upon hearing the sound of Andas. "Andas? What is going on? Are you.. Back?"

The_Werebear
2007-11-25, 04:31 AM
Andas

Back? Where could I have gone.. Other than where you all carried me. Or did That creepy face puddle dump us here? He blinks twice. Dear Cleon, what did you do with your eyes?

30 seconds left or so.

Lochar
2007-11-25, 02:13 PM
Stimpas

"Andas, listen to me carefully. You agreed to become Nagumi's voice in return for our leaving the island. I do not have any curse breaking magics prepared, as we just learned of this today. Nagumi apparently placed a whole new personality on you. I will ask Koros for the new magics in the morning, and I promise you we will break this curse on you. Alright?"

The_Werebear
2007-11-25, 02:22 PM
Andas

Wait what? I don't feel any different. He pats himself. I have to have been out... Can you even do that with a curse? I don't know of anything that could actually rewri- he blinks and twitches slightly -urse I could have even been placed under. And see? Midnight's passed and nothing happened. I ought to rain Nagumi's wrath on her like the.... Why are you all staring at me like I just started spouting gibberish?

Lochar
2007-11-25, 02:26 PM
Stimpas

"You have been cursed, Andas. You've got multiple personalities. Unfortunately, I think the only time we can remove the curse is when the other personality is in effect. You'll have to wait up again tomorrow night."

The_Werebear
2007-11-25, 02:39 PM
Andas

Wait what? No! That witch gave me another personality to "help"? Damn her! With all the stuff she's pulled on us, we should have her head. He points to Stimpas and Issan. As soon as we've got his eyes back, I want you two to help me get rid of whatever Baba Mona tacked on to me.

Lochar
2007-11-25, 02:45 PM
Stimpas

Stimpas speaks in a calm voice to Andas. "It may have been Baba Mona, it may have been Nagumi, Andas. It may even be the stress of the area, or something else we don't know. As much as I dislike Baba Mona at the moment for taking Issian's eyes, that does not mean she is responsible for your curse as well."

Xanos
2007-11-25, 02:46 PM
Issian

Issian looks at where Andas is sitting with a rather blank look on his face, it is impossible to tell his mood. "I will talk to her tomorrow, we are on what I consider good ground, I should be able to have a proper conversation with her. Diplomacy never hurt anyone, and should always be tried out first. Such is the way of Reo, and if it was up to me, such was the way of the world. Too many people have suffered from the brutality which springs from hastiness and rushed conclusions."

The_Werebear
2007-11-25, 02:48 PM
Andas

In a flat harsh voice accompanied by a small glare. It wasn't Nagumi. She wouldn't do anything to me. He kneels back down and resumes prayer. She'll help me find a way out of this.

Holocron Coder
2007-11-25, 08:21 PM
Valtar

Uncomfortable with the rapid, and blatantly obvious, personality changes by Andas, Valtar stares at the wizard - cleric? - with trepidation. Whenever the man glances his way, Valtar looks to be bedding down for the night, although he is keeping an eye on Nagumi's charge.

"Didn't have anything like this posted for the job hiring..." he mutters to himself quietly before turning in.

Human Paragon 3
2007-11-27, 08:10 PM
Chami frowns and mutters to himself.

Dis is bad... bad. I shoulda just stayed on de island...

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-01, 12:51 AM
In the morning, Baba Mona once again emerges from her hut. The old woman squints out at you, chewing on something- you're not sure what, maybe something imaginary.

The moon is set. Your time here is over. Are you ready to receive my aid?

The_Werebear
2007-12-01, 03:35 AM
Andas

Let us hope it is worth the price. His voice is filled with acid. If looks could kill, the elf's would be replicating a Finger of Death spell.

Xanos
2007-12-02, 07:50 AM
Issian

"Baba Mona, if you do not mind, I - or we - wish to do a prayer first, to our 'foreign Gods of healing'. It will take a while, but then we will be ready."

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-02, 10:41 AM
I'll allow it, she nods.

Xanos
2007-12-02, 10:47 AM
Issian

Issian starts looking for a clearing of some size near the hut, preferrably with a dirt ground.

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-02, 08:59 PM
Issian

Issian starts looking for a clearing of some size near the hut, preferrably with a dirt ground.

He finds one, with some trouble. Normally he relies on his eyes, but by relying on his allies he manages to find a suitable clearing.

Lochar
2007-12-02, 10:17 PM
Stimpas

Stimpas moves away from the others and prays to Koros, realigning his prayers for the day to include a request to remove the blindness, and also to remove curses for Andas that night.

His prayers seem somewhat odd this day, more feverish, almost pleading, from what those of you who look can make from his face even as he walks away from the group to pray.

((Moving at least 50' away from everyone else, so it's nearly impossible to hear a whispered prayer. DC would be 20 to hear him whispering, 30 to actually get what he is saying.))
Koros, thou who art the divine lightbringer, give unto me this day the ability to bring your light back to Issian's eyes. I ask this of you in humbleness, that you may gift me with only the merest shred of your power. I ask that of you in peaceful request, free of sacrifice of life and light. May your power strengthen us this day, and give us the energy needed to walk in your light.

Koros, thou who art mine God, I ask of you in peaceful prayer to grant unto me the power to remove the foul curse laid upon Andas by the spirit Nagumi. We bargained with the spirit in hopes to continue our quest to find the lost, but one of ours fell to the spirit's influences and curses. I pray for this with humility and in peace, as a worshipper of your divine radiance.

Koros, I ask for your divine guidance this day in answer. I ask that you strengthen my spirit, as the request I made in furtherance of your cause to find those lost has draw a shade over my eyes. I pray to you that you give your light to me, that I may see without fear again.

Afterwards, he joins Issian, carrying the plants that Baba Mona had given him. "Do you wish to begin now, Issian?"

Holocron Coder
2007-12-02, 10:46 PM
Valtar

Having little need for morning prayers, Valtar stands a relaxed watch. He scans the horizon, watching for anything of interest or note. If nothing dangerous is in view, he glances up at the sky, attempting to figure out their orientation and potentially which way they should head.

When Stimpas returns from his prayers, Valtar moves in closer to Issian and Stimpas, hoping that the divine were on their side this day.

Xanos
2007-12-03, 09:47 AM
(Gah, looking for, wrong expression =p.)

"Yes, I do. Better now than later. Will you get the bundle to sacrifice to the local spirits? And someone to do it?"

Lochar
2007-12-03, 09:55 AM
Stimpas

"I have it here. I will include it in my prayers for your sight, Issian."

Xanos
2007-12-03, 11:00 AM
Issian

"Well then.. I will begin."
Issian goes to his knees, and stretches out his arms. before him. He then puts them in front of him.
"Reo, my God, The Vigilant Blade and the Brighest Light. I pray to thee, my master, my guidance in times of need, and hopefully, my saviour in this hour.
My eyesight I have lost, a faith most foul, my eyes I need, for striking true in your name. Without them, I am but a shell, unable to perform my duties as your Paladin, and yet again, failing my Order.
I, Issian De'Un, know, that you are not one for words as much as action. But your judgement is wise as your lightning is bright.
I therefore pray to thee, to help me, regain my eyesight, and let me once again smite the corruption that is evil, in your most Holy name.
I have always been your faithful servant, strike me if this is not true.
In your name I have written the world of evil, since I was ready to become a man.
Much have I overcome, my mother murdered because of my actions, but my life still was meaningful, and to that, I owe you everything. You are my everything, the reason I live, I am but a vassal of your force, but I am not complete. Without my sight, I am foulful.
I am not your servant when I cannot rid of evil, I am not Issian, without the glow of my eyes.
Aid I have enlisted, to help me in this time of need. The aid of Koros, and the aid of the local spirits. Your strength is weakend over the distance, yet you still grant me my powers. I will never linger, you are my God, Reo, the Lightning Above, the Vigilant One and my only Master.
Koros, the god of the sun, of healing, his Priest, a friend, will help me remove my blindess.
To him you hold no quarrel, and consider him a friend, as I consider his Priest my friend.
The spirits of local, both responsible, but also aidful. They will help me restore, with your aid, and with Koros'."
Issian puts both his hands on his chest.
"I will restore what I can with my own divine energies, from what you have given me to use, Reo, I will pray it can help."
Issian's hands glow for but a moment. He then proceeds to chant for a healing spell.

Lay on Hands, all points.
Cure Light Wounds
Looking drained, he says. "Stimpas, if you will continue."

Lochar
2007-12-03, 11:53 AM
Stimpas

Stimpas removes his holy symbol, laying it on the ground, before intoning quietly over it. The metal symbol glows with a red hue before Stimpas lays the plants on them and watches them catch fire.

Heat Metal on his holy symbol, allowing time to deal fire damage to the plants, igniting them.

As the plants burn, Stimpas pulls Issian towards him, on the other side of the smoke. Reaching out through the smoke and laying his hands across Issian's brow, covering where his eyes were supposed to be, Stimpas speaks.

"Koros, God of the Sun, I stand here in prayer, asking you that you restore light to the eyes of Issian, Paladin of Reo."

Stimpas looks to the burning plants, then to the sky. "I ask any spirits that stand with us today to do no harm to Issian, and if ye be of a mind, to aid in the healing of this Paladin."

Stimpas looks again upon Issian. "Koros, God of healing, I ask you that you grant Issian your divine health, that he may see the sun once more, that he see that which he can only feel now."

Stimpas kneels down, taking the chain of his holy symbol, now somewhat cooler, and holds it. "Koros, we ask you in humility, for help. We make no demands, we beg for only help in removing harm done to Issian."

Stimpas stands once more, touching Issian, releasing his magics into Issian.

Cure Moderate Wounds on Issian, followed by Cure Blindness.

The_Werebear
2007-12-03, 12:15 PM
Andas

The shaman has stayed back through the other's speeches, knowing their discomfort. When they are done, he steps forward. He has spent the night praying and crafting his holy symbol. He steps forward, a small circle of wood with faces painted on on both sides. Andas begins a prayer.

Oh Nagumi Many Faces, your servant requests the notice of some of your hundred eyes...My companion has suffered the effects of a painful curse, one that has robbed him of his sight, needed for our goals. He has prayed to his god for aid. Stimpas, our ally, has prayed to his healer god. Now, I ask you to lend your aid to our cause.

His voice picks up in a fast, excited, and conspiratorial tone.
Oh Nagumi, you know the lay here. You are the unnoticed in the night, the trickster and clever. They gods they pray to are full of power, but unknown in this land. Guide them. Sneak them past the ancient guards of this land with your power. Steer them in. From this, you gain recognition by our party members as truly powerful, and a claim in a miracle, powerful for gaining the aid of new followers. I also promise you in sacrifice the first animal I find.

He throws his head to the sky and howls the last bit in a voice that echoes like three people said it nigh simultaneously.NAGUMI, AID MY CALL. Chanting furiously in gutteral tones, he unleashes his magic into Issan.

Casting Lesser Restoration

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-03, 01:41 PM
When the last spell is cast, the air swirls with the smoke of your offerings. A faint glow appears around Issian's head, and you feel a spiritual presence all around you. Issian's stance and countenance change slightly from that of one who is blind to one who is aware of his surroundings, but his eyes have not returned.

For Issian:
As the last spell is called, you hear whispering, quiet at first, then louder and louder until it creates a swirling cacophony of sound. The voices don't grow louder themselves, it's more like they grow more numerous, emphatic and closer. Though they speak in many languages and seem to speak on many topics, you make out one theme: "We hear your call and answer. We answer your call."

Gradually, the world comes into focus- not as you saw it before, but a world of shadows. You sense things as they truly are without the distraction of ugliness, beauty, dullness or color.

The whispering dies down, but not completely. It fades to the background, but exists quietly in your subconscious, occasionally becoming audible and understandable.

Gain Blindsense out to 60 feet. You will either automatically pass or fail any spot check from now on depending on the nature of the check. You're free to transfer your spot ranks to any of the following: Knowledge: Local, Knowledge: Nature, Knowledge: Religion, Sense Motive, thanks to the secrets whispered to you by the voices.

The_Werebear
2007-12-03, 01:53 PM
Andas

The shaman glances at Issian and waves his hand, holy symbol clattering against his wrist. Feel better?

Xanos
2007-12-03, 03:20 PM
Issian

"I... Do not see.. I.. Feel.. The world."
Issian turnes his head from side to side, but does not really seem to notice anything.
"I cannot feel anything very far.. Maybe fifty feet, or a bit more.. But as a scout, I will be useless.
The voices in my head.. They.. Argh.. They tell me, that they are with me.."

Lochar
2007-12-03, 03:36 PM
Stimpas

"It is more than you had previously, Issian. We do have another scout with us, although he will not be airborne as you were."

Xanos
2007-12-03, 03:40 PM
Issian
"I am still blessed with strength. As we have tried, I can lift everyone in the party. We can duo as scout."

The_Werebear
2007-12-03, 04:34 PM
Andas

The shaman throws his hands in the air. Praise Nagumi! Now, someone help me find an animal so I can fulfill my promise to Nagumi...

Holocron Coder
2007-12-03, 05:33 PM
Valtar

Grinning, Valtar claps Issian on the back. "Some sight is better than none, my friend. Perhaps more will return in time. As for scouting, feel free to leave that to me. I may not be airborne, but it has been the focus of my life."

Turning to Andas, Valtar smiles and nods. "For your help with Issian, however much it was, I'll find something for you. Though, in such a land, who knows what it will be."

Survival +10, for hunting I suppose?

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-03, 11:23 PM
Valtar stalks off into the jungle and returns shortly thereafter with the carcass of a small wild cat.

You got a 28, Daedu, so it's a prime catch. Proving you have the goods to scout, I suppose.

Baba Mona nods in approval and says a few words over the corpse of the cat.

Are you ready to receive my aid, now? I have affairs to attend to, after all.

You think you saw a sly wink at Carlyss as she says this, but it could have been a tick.

Lochar
2007-12-04, 07:17 AM
Stimpas

Stimpas nods to Baba Mona. "Yes."

The_Werebear
2007-12-04, 10:25 AM
Andas

Yes, lets get on with it. He wipes cat parts off of his hands and slides the sharpened stone he used into a pouch.

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-04, 12:14 PM
Baba Mona nods, then begins to chant softly. A strong wind picks up as she begins to gesticulate wildly at and around you. For a moment you feel dizzy, then you feel fine.

The group has been transformed:

Issian: A large lizard-like man with a flowing cape

Carlyss: A huge, powerful gorilla-like ape

Andas: A Zakari, like Chami

Soondra: A female Zakari

Valtar: A smaller lizard-like man

Stimpas: A short, dark skinned, dark eyed human, a city-dweller

Matthew: A dog

All of your gear has been likewise transformed to fit your new forms, but remains functionally the same.

There, Baba Mona says. It is done. You will be able to move among the people of this land without fear of discovery; you will even be able to speak with them in their own tongue.

But be warned, the effects of my magic lasts for three days and no more. The third time the sun rises, you will be restored to your former selves.

The_Werebear
2007-12-04, 12:30 PM
Andas

Lovely. The priest inspects his new body and takes a few experimental steps. Chami, I'll need to know any local customs so I don't do something enormously incorrect and bring the whole thing down before we start.

Lochar
2007-12-04, 12:34 PM
Who is this Lochar you speak of? I am Stimpas. Also, I would like to thank Disney for their sense of timing. I am not Ariel, TYVM. :smallamused:

Stimpas

Stimpas peers down at himself. "So, this is what a city dweller looks like. Interesting." He then addresses Baba Mona. "Thank you."

Xanos
2007-12-04, 01:04 PM
Issian
Issian flexes and bends his new body. "This is.. Weird.."

Freshmeat
2007-12-04, 04:30 PM
Carlyss Aritonn

Even after witnessiing the strange rituals that somehow led to the restoration of Issian's sight - not to mention everything else that has happened since the party's unfortunate landfall - Carlyss still can't help but be amazed at the wonders of this alluring new world. Baba Mona's latest incantation, for example, didn't fall short of any expectations.

It was strange though. No matter what had happened, they had always persevered. Perhaps not in the way they wanted to, but it still felt like nothing could go wrong, even after the witch's foreshadowing of potentially unfortunate events to come.

But for some reason, Carlyss didn't want to worry about those things. Not now. When hope is lost, so too does all reason to continue fade away. If it was up to Carlyss, he would never let it come to that.

Curiously, the warrior inspects his own new form. Both his arms and chest had nearly doubled in size, and were now covered in unkempt, brown/black fur. The blood running through his veins felt like it was channeling pure, raw energy. The type of savage strength that makes you feel confident and fills you with a sense of relaxed determination.

Eagerly, Carlyss slams a solid fist on his hairy chest and offers a primal grin to his companions.
"I think I'm going to like this."

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-04, 07:15 PM
Chami is changed too, if more subtly. His fur is a darker hue and he's a bit taller than he was, eyes slightly larger- a fitting disguise.

I'll try and give you what help I can. For starters, be careful who you look in de eye. A stare can be considered a challenge to a superior. I suggest we claim to be traveling north to the Games. Dis time of year foot traffic increases for dat reason. Tankfully, it is taboo to deny shelter and food to travelers who request it, so we will have no trouble dere.

Then, to Soondra with a grin: Looking good! If I didn't know you were a human... well, be careful when you get to my village.

Holocron Coder
2007-12-05, 08:13 AM
Valtar

Blinking a few times after the transformation occurs, Valtar looks himself over. "...Well, now. Definitely not what I was expecting. Interesting nonetheless."

He turns to Chami and asks, "So, what am I, now, anyway?"

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-05, 10:41 PM
Cham looks Valtar over and concludes, You Kala now: Chameleon Man.

The_Werebear
2007-12-05, 11:05 PM
Andas

The shaman scratches his chin. I have heard of a lizard similar to that from Nagumi... They change color?

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-05, 11:35 PM
Dat's right. Dey good at hiding in de jungle. Nasty bunch, Kala.

Holocron Coder
2007-12-06, 07:11 AM
Valtar

"Really, now?" Valtar comments, looking over himself and wondering how to do this 'color changing.'

Kesnit
2007-12-06, 10:46 AM
Then, to Soondra with a grin: Looking good! If I didn't know you were a human... well, be careful when you get to my village.

Soondra gulped audibly. Uh, thanks, Chami. Those close to her could hear her mutter I think.

She moved closer to Stimpas.

Lochar
2007-12-06, 10:53 AM
Stimpas

Stimpas smiles at Soondra. "Are you sure you want to be close to a city dweller, Soondra? I could choose you as the one to take from the village." He laughs lightly.

"But we only have a certain amount of time before we return to normal. We need to come up with a plan, and soon. " He looks at Baba Mona. "I hate to ask for more, but could you tell us how far the closest settlements are? If we only have three days before you magic wears off, we need to know where we are capable of going."

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-06, 12:12 PM
Baba Mona surveys her work with a look of satisfaction.

Chami knows the way. He's made the trip many times. I suggest haste; it's nearly two days away.

Xanos
2007-12-06, 02:40 PM
Issian

The lizard nods towards Baba Mona. "I suggest we make haste, aswell. Baba Mona is right. On the way, Chami, I would very much like you to explain.. What I am. What this lizard-thing is, and how it serves in form of rank, compared to the others."

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-06, 05:18 PM
As you travel, Chami explains:

Issian has taken the form of a Kala wind rider, a specialized jungle scout who uses a cape to glide from tree to tree like a flying squirrel. They are prized and elite warriors, stealthy, fast, and versatile.

Valtar seems to have taken the form of a land scout, appropriately enough.

Carlyss is a Yuka warrior, a tough one by the looks of it.

Xanos
2007-12-07, 05:40 PM
Issian

"Interesting.. I suppose that is a way to cover my wings. What of ranking? Who would be assumed leader of this group?"

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-07, 07:55 PM
Well, Carlyss is de biggest, so him I should tink. But de most believable lie would be dat we crossed paths by coincidence and are traveling together for safety. Members of different tribes usually don't travel like dis.

Xanos
2007-12-08, 06:27 AM
Issian
"I see. Hm.. What about manners? Etiquette? Is there a way we should stand, talk to others, introduce ourselves?"

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-08, 12:05 PM
You overtink dis, my friend, the monkey grins. We're perfectly disguised- even our voices. Just follow my lead. What could possible go wrong?

Xanos
2007-12-08, 01:42 PM
Issian
Issian sighs. Obviously sounding tired and as if Issian's giving up: "Just about anything, Chami.. Just about anything.."

Kesnit
2007-12-08, 02:06 PM
Soondra

The bard covered her head and gave a small squeek when Chimi asked what could go wrong. Please, she muttered to any good god that was listening. Please don't let that statement be prophetic...

The_Werebear
2007-12-08, 09:26 PM
Andas

The shaman flashes his teeth in something that isn't a smile. Like most things have gone right for us?

(Ready to move ahead)

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-09, 12:22 AM
You travel for a day and a half, camping twice. Early on the second morning you arrive at the village.

The Zakari village is organized around a central hub where females care for the young. There is a large, communal hut for young females as well as a house for the male warriors. There are other small dwellings set aside for elders and their wives including a larger hut for the chief. Chami explains that when he was the Zakari's storyteller he had a place of honor and his own hut as well, but now that hut is vacant. He suspects that you will be boarded in that hut.

Zakari scouts greet you at the outskirts of the village. They are suspicious, but not unfriendly.

Who are you, strangers?

We are travelers headed north, Chami says to them. If you have food and shelter to spare, we would be grateful. We have little to trade, but we offer our friendship and any help we can lend.

You have the day and the night to find out what happened to the first expedition- when the sun comes up you will revert to your true forms.

Freshmeat
2007-12-09, 05:33 AM
Carlyss Aritonn

Pseudo-nonchalantly, Carlyss looks around, trying to pick up on anything that might be of use, be it local customs, places of interests or the presence (or lack of) any armed forces. After a few moments, he turns to Chami.

"Any idea who would know about the expedition? And are these people known for gossipping, or is that a big no-no? Could we pass ourselves off as representatives of the City Dwellers?"

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-09, 12:14 PM
Some warriors are armed with bows, some with clubs. At the moment they don't look particularly organized or "on duty." They chat, maintain their weapons, lounge about. You suspect there are others in the forest, like the scouts you met. The young ones are all playing, or being coddled by the females. Grooming is near-constant.

In between his interactions with the Zakari tribe (waving, making deferent nods, smiling), Chami whispers:

Everybody would know about the expedition, but if I know my tribe, they won't want to talk about it. Chances are, they've locked those memories away and the stories will never be told, especially to outsiders like us. This is going to be difficult. Stimpas, maybe, could claim to be a representative from the city, but first, they never use "animals" like us for official purposes and second, they always send a group of 4 or more, not one.

Kesnit
2007-12-09, 12:39 PM
Soondra

Soondra nodded. Only one way to find out.

She adjusted her clothes to make them seem a little more "revealing," then strolled up to the warriors. I wonder if Zakari have an equivilant to 'hey big boy...' she thought.

Hello, fellows, she said with a smile. Is there anything to do in this village? My companiors are nice, but I've been with them for a while. A change of pace - even for one evening - would be nice.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Freshmeat
2007-12-09, 12:41 PM
Carlyss Aritonn

The large Yuka warrior looks at his companions and raises a large, furry eyebrow.

"She's kidding, right?"

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-09, 01:34 PM
The largest of the warriors turns and gives Soondra an appraising look.

I think we can find something to keep you busy. I am Kona, he says, the hunting chief. What are you called, and what tribe are you from?

Holocron Coder
2007-12-09, 02:23 PM
Valtar

Valtar resist the urge to smack his forehead at Soondra's antics. Instead, he looks to his companions and asks, "So, any other bright ideas for prying information out of them?"

Kesnit
2007-12-09, 04:29 PM
Soondra

Soondra ignores her companion's reactions. They can get info however they want to. Nothing says we have to stay together, she thought.

Turning to Kona, she smiles. My name is Sonda. My tribe lives a long way from here. I doubt the name would mean anything to you. She smiled (what she hoped was) sweetly.

Bluff: [roll0]

So, what is there to do around here?

Xanos
2007-12-09, 05:41 PM
Issian

"I think I will try something.. A bit similar. I do not have the looks, but.. It is worth the try" Issian quietly tells the others of the group.

With that, he slowly walks towards the warriors Soondra's near, but addresses someone a bit away from Soondra, who isn't paying all too much attention to her.. Way of gathering intelligence.

Now, how do I say hello in this weird place.. Should have asked Chami.. Any of you spirits in here who could aid me?

"Greetings, honour to the Zakari tribe. I am new to these lands, would you be so kind, as to enlighten me how the wheel spins here? How does the land lie?"

[roll0]
[roll1] For spirits in head knowing anything.
[roll2] For spirits in head knowing anything.

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-09, 06:37 PM
Kona returns "Sonda's" smile, apparently "far away" was a good enough explanation for him.

I have a very high position in the tribe, he says boastfully. I could introduce you to some other females who could entertain you with womanly things- the babies... flowers. He seems to stumble a bit here, perhaps a little unsure himself of how the women keep themselves entertained. I could introduce you to the Elder Chief, too. I am his trusted hunting chief, and his favorite son. I even have my own dwelling, which is very spacious. I could show it to you if you wish.

Issian:
You get a general sense of how to behave from the spirits. "Speak softly, make yourself meek and they will not fear you."

Greetings Kala, says one of the warriors. He seems wary of you, but your subtle genuflections encourage him. The land is rough, but manageable. It is kept safe by the city dwellers, at least somewhat. There are the usual dangers, of course, but if you stick by the river travel is easy enough. It is strange to see you here- you travel in strange company. I am Koi, by the way. How are you called?

The_Werebear
2007-12-09, 09:26 PM
Andas

The shaman sits back and lets the others take the lead in negotiations. Foolish creatures.... Should convert them all for Nagumi if I could find a way to broach the subject in a way that wouldn't result in my arms being ripped off.

Xanos
2007-12-10, 11:12 AM
Issian

"I am called Is by most. We are indeed a strange bunch, but an entertaining one. We help eachother out when we travel. Scouting, hunting, keeping safe.."
Issian looks at Soondra.
"Fun.."
Issian smiles.
"Tell me, Roi of the Zakari tribe, is there anything happening these parts? Anything out of the.. normal?"

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-10, 12:39 PM
It's Koi, actually. And no, nothing out of the ordinary. Things are the same as they always have been for eons. Long may the Elder Chief live.

The_Werebear
2007-12-10, 12:46 PM
Andas

Ah.. An opening... The shaman sidles up by Issian. He adopts a conspiratorial tone, hushed but promising. Indeed, may he live long, but... How would he feel if I told him that I am traveling with these folk because I have found a way to live forever?

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-10, 12:54 PM
Koi looks a bit cross. He would be incredulous. Nobody lives forever. What Kala witchcraft do you speak of?

The_Werebear
2007-12-10, 03:26 PM
Andas

The priest looks around. This is something that would better be discussed in private. Would you care to walk with me?

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-11, 10:27 AM
Koi frowns.

Anything you wish to say to me you can say to my brothers.

He shouts to the other warriors:

Brothers! This Kala wants to talk with us about the Elder Chief. Come here and listen.

He looks smugly back at you as the troop falls in around you.

Sorry, Sonda, we can pick this up later, Kona says as he walks over with the others.

Kesnit
2007-12-11, 12:36 PM
Soondra

Soondra glared at the cleric. I was trying to be helpful, she muttered. At least my technique was going to get us information, not make everything in this village think I travel with insane idiots.

Gritting her teeth, she strolled into the village and began looking for a bar-tavern-common house.

The_Werebear
2007-12-11, 01:00 PM
Andas

If you wish then. The priest feigns nonchalance, though he is currently sweating up a storm under his disguise. He offers up a silent prayer. Nagumi, may the face of a priest and a converter be mine He waits until all of the people who are wandering over are around. My name is Raguno the Second Face, and I bring news most great. Death need not be the end of you. You can still be here, joined with the rest of the universe, able to experience, feel, see, just like before. He pauses, trying to gauge how the crowd is reacting

Oh boy, not the reaction I wanted. I just hope that most of them don't know about Nagumi already. Here's everything that I think might apply. Bluff +9, Sense Motive +3, Knowledge Local +9, Knowledge Religion +6

Lochar
2007-12-11, 01:06 PM
Stimpas

Stimpas sighs, shaking his head. Insane. That's what this personality is.

Xanos
2007-12-11, 02:02 PM
Issian

Issian shakes his head slightly, as he feels the gathering near Andas. He turnes his head from side to side, and walks over to Stimpas. He gives the Priest a fade smile, and closes his eyes and shakes his head, obviously slightly amused. He goes to stand next to Stimpas, and turnes towards Andas, appearing to be watching him.
"This will be good, I think. Let us see, how loose the tongue of Raguno is. I hope he will not bring trouble upon us."

Issian thinks a question up for the spirits to answer:
How do you think, the tribe will take Andas' ramblings? Should we be wary of a threat, if he comes to be confronted?

Holocron Coder
2007-12-11, 04:11 PM
Valtar

Valtar gapes as the crowd forms around Andas. Speaking aside to Issian, he asks, "Did we want this much attention?"

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-11, 11:45 PM
Koi looks at Kona, who uneasily speaks.

When we die, our spirits rejoin our ancestors in the Eternal Hunting Ground. Where will you go when you die, Raguno Kala?

Issian:
The Zakari are not known for the battle prowess, but these are a proud group of warrior hunters none the less. The spirits are silent on how this all will end for you.

The_Werebear
2007-12-12, 12:53 AM
Andas

My tribe was wiped out. No one was left. I wandered alone until I found a great spirit font. If you go to the font and enter it just before you die, you may live forever. You can't leave the font, but that is fair enough for me, since my tribe always believed that your spirit followed your living relatives. I have no living relatives left, so my soul would fly away to nothing. This is good for me, spares me that fate. If you don't feel like it though, that's fine...I'll take immortality on my own, drawbacks or no.He shrugs, and turns to go, praying no one asks him any inconvenient questions.

This is what his uncle believed, so it is only sort of a lie. Since he has no sisters and his family goes by matrilinial names, it is also technically not a lie that he is the last of his clan.

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-13, 10:37 AM
Koi speaks up.

So are you saying you're immortal?

Freshmeat
2007-12-13, 10:41 AM
Carlyss Aritonn

Carlyss eyes the large group of Zakari warriors warily, before looking at Andas again.
What does this have to do with finding out about the last expedition? he thinks, but remains quiet, hoping Andas' speech is actually going somewhere.

The_Werebear
2007-12-13, 11:26 AM
Koi speaks up.

So are you saying you're immortal?

Andas

The priest laughs. Of course not. If you stab me, I'll bleed. But if I can drag myself back to the font before expiring, then I'll live on as part of the spirit font. I might even be able to get my spirit back there alone if I get killed. I've never been a ghost, I don't know for sure. Still, if you're not interested, I won't take more of your time. There are other things to talk about.

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-13, 12:51 PM
This sounds like strange magic, Kona says. I don't trust it.

The warrior snorts and turns his back to you, stomping off. The group disperses.

He'll be watching you, Chami says afterwards. He may not be the brightest star in the sky, but he's got a suspicious streak in him. Be on guard.

Kesnit
2007-12-14, 05:45 AM
Soondra

The bard settled herself in the common area of the tavern. Let's try this again, she thought. She pulled out her drum. I just hope epic stories of heroes are as universal as everyone thinks!

Taking a deep breath, she began to chant a favorite of her clan, the tale of the Peasant and King of Shadows.

OOC: Not using Bardic Music. Just making myself known and getting a feel for the patrons of the bar. Yes, I have been playing NWN2! :smallbiggrin:

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-14, 08:30 PM
Soondra

The bard settled herself in the common area of the tavern. Let's try this again, she thought. She pulled out her drum. I just hope epic stories of heroes are as universal as everyone thinks!

Taking a deep breath, she began to chant a favorite of her clan, the tale of the Peasant and King of Shadows.

OOC: Not using Bardic Music. Just making myself known and getting a feel for the patrons of the bar. Yes, I have been playing NWN2! :smallbiggrin:

perform modifier?

Kesnit
2007-12-15, 06:27 AM
perform modifier?

Oops.
Perform: +11

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-15, 11:21 AM
Some of the Zakari gather around as Soondra chants her tale, mostly males. The chant is good enough to hold their attentions and entertain. At the end (unless Soondra makes some other speech) Koi remarks: Not bad. We lost our storyteller a few months ago, and haven't been able to replace him yet. Your tale is a welcome diversion.

Chami chimes in. I've never heard that one before. Where did you learn that tale?

Lochar
2007-12-15, 11:24 AM
Stimpas

Stimpas, praying to himself he's not completely messing this up, nods at that. "I'd heard you had some oddities happen with your storyteller, but I wasn't in the City when everything happened. For my own records would you like to tell me? Ko'ro would hear your version as well, so that you may stay protected in his grace."

Xanos
2007-12-15, 11:34 AM
Issian
Issian wanders over to where Soondra's playing, and listenes to her performance.

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-15, 12:16 PM
Koi frowns.

Our storyteller left of his own volition a few months ago. I don't know everything myself- you'd have to ask the Elder Chief if you want the whole story.

The_Werebear
2007-12-15, 12:34 PM
Andas

The group dispersed, Andas relaxes. Damn, nothing goes quite how I want it. Still, it could have been worse. When Chami comments, he simply nods. When the rest of the group moves, he moves with them, but tries to stay unobtrusive in the back.

Holocron Coder
2007-12-15, 12:39 PM
Valtar

Unsure at how best to proceed, Valtar scratches idly at his scales before following the rest of the group.

Lochar
2007-12-15, 05:04 PM
Stimpas

Stimpas nods, and will go to find the Elder spoken of and repeat his question to them.

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-15, 09:50 PM
Chami pulls Stimpas aside.

If you are looking for the Elder Chief, he is easy to find. He dwells in the high house to the north. Chami bends down and draws a map in the dirt, clearly marking the Elder Cheif's hut. Just to warn you, he is getting very old. Speak loudly and clearly, but respectully. He is quick to anger, now more than ever. His patience has left him, I am afraid. He was most unwilling to hear my pleas those months ago.

He looks around conspiratorally.

I have to go take care of something... my deal with Baba Mona. So you'll be on your own until sunset. Tell the others to tread lightly. Kona may be dumb, but Koi is smarter than he looks, and I think he may be suspecting something already. Good luck...

He looks over his shoulder once more and departs, losing himself among the other Zakari. You can no longer even remember what he looks like- they all look basically the same to you and his diguise was particularly non-descript, baring no unusual markings.

Lochar
2007-12-19, 09:49 PM
Stimpas

Stimpas nods at the advice and seeks the Chief Elder.

Once he reaches him, he bows before him, as one equal to another.

"Chief Elder. I request to know what has happened recently with intruders and your storyteller. I was not there during the times that things happened, and my superiors wish to have the Zakari's version of what happened, without having the version carried to them weighted by an already tainted viewpoint of one who had been involved." Stimpas nods towards the village. "I would hope that you have the most clear viewpoint of all of the Zakari, seeing as you are their wisest one."

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-19, 10:37 PM
The Elder Chief scratches his head, leaning forward and squinting at Stimpas appraisingly.

There is nothing more to tell, he says finally. The outsiders came. They poisoned us with their lies and our people grew defiant. Finally, the City Dwellers unleashed their wrath on us. We came to our senses and rose up against the outsiders. We killed them all, in accordance to your wishes. Our storyteller, Chami, was banished for his love of the outsiders.

Does this meet your satisfaction? Or do you require yet more of our blood?

Lochar
2007-12-19, 10:58 PM
Stimpas

Stimpas shakes his head. "May I be permitted to examine their corpses? I have magics that I may use to question them, even after their deaths, so that we may make certain they didn't spread their poison to anywhere else."

Stimpas tilts his head. "And I will not request nor require you to spill any more blood this day."

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-20, 09:13 AM
What? Outrageous! My word is the word of law in this village- that is the arrangement. You receive one offering and we rule ourselves in our own way. You doubt me, City Dweller?

The Outsiders' bodies are gone. They are removed from our land to expunge the taint they bring! What you ask is out of the question.

Where is my War Chief? Roku, show our guest out.

A large Zakari comes forward.

The Elder Chief asks that our honored guest leave him in peace. This way, if you please...

Lochar
2007-12-20, 09:27 AM
Stimpas

Stimpas nods and makes to leave. He does say one last thing before he does. "I did not mean that you were in any way at fault, Elder Chief. Only that we were not sure if they had spread their poison to other clans and I only wished to find that out as well."

Xanos
2007-12-20, 10:17 AM
Issian

Issian, who've been watching Stimpas from a distance, not following him into the hut so he wouldn't blow his cover, follows Stimpas and the Zakari from a distance. He makes sure not to lose track, but also look casual and relaxed.

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-20, 11:22 AM
Out! the Elder Chief calls.

I apologize for the Elder Chief's harsh words, Roku whispers once outside the hut, but he is getting on in years, and the embarrassment with the Overrealmers has hurt his pride. You will forgive us, I'm sure.

Lochar
2007-12-20, 12:51 PM
Stimpas

Stimpas nods. "I can understand. They were troublesome and an embarrassment for all. Can you direct me at least in the direction they were disposed of? I would like to have a full report for my superiors."

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-20, 01:03 PM
I'm afraid not, says Roku. It would be against the Elder Chief's wishes.

Lochar
2007-12-20, 01:06 PM
Stimpas

"Then I thank you. I will be considering over everything for my report tonight." Stimpas nods to Roku, and then leaves the Chief Elder's area.

Xanos
2007-12-20, 02:01 PM
Issian

Issian, seeing Stimpas break off with the Zakari, catches up with Stimpas. "Anything new, Stimpas?"

Kesnit
2007-12-20, 02:07 PM
Soondra

The bard sighs with relief at the warm reception to her ballad. With a saucy grin, she launches into a tune she learned in a dirty, dark tavern in Luskin. Although the story is complex, it involves a wizard, his familiar, and a goat.

Once the sang is done, she smiles at the crowd. Singing is dry work, she said. I just need something to 'wet my whistle' and I will start up again. She walked to the bar, swaying her hips.

Lochar
2007-12-20, 02:15 PM
Issian

Issian, seeing Stimpas break off with the Zakari, catches up with Stimpas. "Anything new, Stimpas?"

Stimpas

Stimpas nods. "Several. I think it would be best to talk later though, when I can write my report and not have to go over it again."

Human Paragon 3
2007-12-20, 03:20 PM
Soondra:

There's not so much a bar, but there is a watering hole, which fulfills some of the same social purposes. You could also ask where you could find some stronger drink if that's what you're looking for.

Holocron Coder
2008-01-05, 11:53 PM
Valtar

Unsure of what to do and having little experience with other cultures, Valtar simply wanders the village in his reptilian guise, observing the populace.

Human Paragon 3
2008-02-01, 02:16 PM
Valtar:

The population is small, likely due to the raid the city folk perpetrated some months prior. They all regard you warily. The women seem to be mostly concerned with the young- there are a few nursing babies and young Zakari. Those females who aren't immediately taking are of others are beating a thick white paste out of roots (you'd guess this is the staple of their diet).

The men, on the other hand, seem excited. Some are forming into a hunting party. Kona and a few others have retreated into privacy with the Elder Chief, though nobody can say why.

Xanos
2008-02-02, 04:09 PM
Issian

Issian gives Stimpas a nod. "I will scout around the city, perhaps learning some habbits or such, I think. We are explorers, we might aswell learn a thing or two."
Issian departes, and strolls the city, trying to pick up a habbit or two, which might come in useful.

I suppose he doesn't stare at people, but leaves it to the blindsense to pick everything up. Doesn't really require him facing the person for him to note what they're doing

Human Paragon 3
2008-02-04, 09:36 AM
Issian:
The village is peaceful and the inhabitants treat eachother well. There is little in the way of serious disagreements and play fighting. The command structure of the tribe is unwavering and the various chiefs quickly and unquestionably settle disputes. There is a hunting party forming up; they seem to fall into assigned roles out of habbit. About half wield bows and arrows, a third spears, and the remaining sixth have what look like primitive clubs, little more than tree branches without even the leaves removed.

The spirits show you all of this, and you are able to observe undisturbed, although occasionally the spirits add annotations to what they show you:
This one killed his brother. The short one drowned her baby in the river. That one murdered your kinsmen, the priestess you seek who came here in the name of your gods.

Xanos
2008-02-04, 10:03 AM
Issian

Issian tries not to look too startled at the remark from the spirit. He takes good note of the people in question, and calmly hurries back to Stimpas.

Lochar
2008-02-04, 10:14 AM
Stimpas

When everyone is gathered back, Stimpas, still in his Citydweller guise, addresses them. "Are we done then? We should adjourn for the night, so I may write my report."

Xanos
2008-02-04, 10:20 AM
Issian

Issian looks around, making sure no one else is listening in, then speaks up:
"I have uncovered some important. I know of the person here, who killed the priestess from our realm."

(By the way, were any of them evil?)

Human Paragon 3
2008-02-04, 11:32 AM
Issian:
No, none were evil.

After a time, a Zakari wonders up to the group and winks. You recongize him as Chami's disguised form. He directs you to the guest quarters.

Everyting is going as planned for me. How are tings with you guys? Find anything yet?

Xanos
2008-02-04, 11:46 AM
Issian
Issian nods a greeting to Chami, a concerned look upon his face.

"Yes. I have uncovered one of our kinds' killer, alongside two other dubious inhabitans."

Kesnit
2008-02-04, 11:56 AM
Soondra is still in the bar.

The bard took her drink (fruit juice), then leaned back against the bar. Come on, fishy, fishy, fishy, she thought. I don't have all evening...

Human Paragon 3
2008-02-04, 02:25 PM
Soondra:
You notice a young male at the water hole aka the bar looking at you. When you meet his gaze, he looks away, but later you catch him looking at you again.

Chami looks at Issian, surprised. You discovered all that? Well, done! How did you manage that? I would have thought my tribe wouldn't be so fast to trust a lizard.

Holocron Coder
2008-02-04, 03:48 PM
Valtar

Grouping with the others, Valtar frowns as the information is relayed. "People here kill them?" he whispers, "I would have thought the city people had."

Lochar
2008-02-04, 03:53 PM
Stimpas

Stimpas shakes his head quietly. "On orders from the City, as their Chief told me."

Human Paragon 3
2008-02-04, 04:15 PM
Yes, that's right, Chami chimes in. Dey were afraid De city dwellers would wipe dem out if dey didn't eliminate de outsiders. I was "lucky" just to be banished.

The_Werebear
2008-02-05, 01:41 AM
Andas

Looks like the real problem is the City Dwellers then. We either need to deal with them, or get the people here to rally against them.

Human Paragon 3
2008-02-05, 10:59 AM
Yes, and no... Chami muses. Attacking de City Dwellers won't bring my dead friends back. Also, it's suicide.

Kesnit
2008-02-05, 12:46 PM
Soondra

Soondra picks up her mug of juice and moves closer to the male who was looking at her. When he looks at her again, she smiles.

Human Paragon 3
2008-02-05, 01:27 PM
The young male starts.

Hello! he practically shouts. Look what I can do!

He runs at Soondra then performs a clumsy backflip. Can you do that?

Kesnit
2008-02-05, 01:45 PM
Soondra

Soondra manages not to laugh at the eager male. We'll just have to see if I'm as good as you.

Tumble: [roll0]

The things I get myself into... she thought.

Human Paragon 3
2008-02-05, 01:56 PM
Soondra manages a passable backflip and the young male gawks.

Wow, nice! You must practice a lot. I'll bet you can't catch me...

He runs off, though not at top speed, occasionally looking over his shoulder to see if Soondra is following.

Kesnit
2008-02-05, 03:06 PM
Soondra

Soondra smiles, but the humor doesn't reach her eyes. But the thrill of the chase is the fun part, she called back before running after the male.

Human Paragon 3
2008-02-05, 03:23 PM
Seeing that Soondra is following, he speeds up and runs into the woods, gracefully navigating the jungle.

The_Werebear
2008-02-05, 03:30 PM
Andas

Well... Something will have to be done about them if the rest of them want to stand a chance of getting home, and if I am to have a chance of speaking my Mistress' words in peace. He taps his chin, then paces a few strides. It might be best to rally the people against the city dwellers. If we can get several tribes to assert independence simultaneously, could the City Dwellers put them all down, would they be forced into negotiation? If they fought, would they be at least risking defeat in a battle?

Xanos
2008-02-06, 02:42 AM
Issian

Issian looks at Chami. "I had help, in a way. The spirits who reconstructed my vision guided me with their knowledge. Seeing as they have helped us before, I do not see why we should not trust them."
Issian runs his fingers through his hair, and gets a thoughtful look upon his face. "As for a plan.. I suppose we can go talk to the one who ended the life of the Priestess, and learn what we can."

Human Paragon 3
2008-02-07, 10:21 AM
Chami nods.

You are welcome to try, friend. I suspect he will be a bit tight-lipped, as most of us are. I'll give you whatever help I can.

By the way, who were the other two people you said the spirits warned you of? Do they have something to do with the missing party, too?

Xanos
2008-02-07, 10:28 AM
Issian

"I doubt it. They told me of a tribesman, who killed his brother, and of a woman, who drowned her baby in the river."

Lochar
2008-02-07, 10:30 AM
Stimpas

"I do wonder though, if those are unresolved murders in this tribe? Could you use those to gain credit with the tribe?" Stimpas questions outloud.

Human Paragon 3
2008-02-07, 11:43 AM
I know who you are talking about... says Chami. I know those two.

Kala's brother was posessed by evil spirits. The devils made him attack everyone and bite them. Finally, it got so bad that his own brother had to kill him. That was a sad day, but his spirit is at peace now.

Shura is the one who drowned her baby in the river. He was sick and would not survive, and Shura already had another baby who was strong. If she spent her time nursing and caring for the sick child, the strong one would have suffered and grown up weaker, so the Elder Chief's wife ruled that the baby should be drowned in the river by the mother. That was a sad day, but his spirit is at peace now, too.

Xanos
2008-02-11, 01:38 PM
Issian

"Oh.. I.. Did not think of it that way. Thank you Chami. But that does nothing to the last one, however - the one who slayed the Priestess.
My mind tells me, that we should question the one."

Human Paragon 3
2008-02-11, 01:51 PM
You are welcome to do so, Ishian, Chami replies. If I were you, though, I would be careful about trusting these spirits. They have the power to mislead, they are... many faced. And, like the best liars, they mix truth with their lies.

You have no trouble finding the Zakari you wish to question, so whenever you're ready, you can fire away.

Lochar
2008-02-11, 01:52 PM
Stimpas

Stimpas frowns at Chami's explination. "First though, Issian, these spirits. Do they only give you information, or can you question them as well? It seems that they only give you partial information. Could you question them and gain more information, before we question the person themselves?"

Stimpas pauses, thinking hard for a moment. "Do we even know what these spirits are? Could they be the spirits of those that died? The brother wanting revenge for being killed, the babe for being denied life for a stronger sibling? It would make sense for them to not give the whole explination then."

Xanos
2008-02-12, 10:51 AM
Issian

Spirits... Do you know, why or how the person slayed the Priestess?. And as Stimpas puts it - can we trust you?

Human Paragon 3
2008-02-12, 10:59 AM
Issian:
You can decipher nothing from the murmurings of the spirits. Either you can't understand their answers, or they are being willfully silent on the subject.

Xanos
2008-02-14, 03:17 PM
Issian

"I can ask the spirits if needed... But they are not responding to my thought at this time.. I doubt they want their motives questioned, hence the silence of their voices.."