PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next (Brainstorming) I need a race in Gehenna that won't absolutely body level 4 pc's

mcumoric
2021-01-25, 09:53 PM
So, because some of my players got sent to Gehenna because of non-existent plot reasons, I was thinking "how about I have a race that just lives there."
I mean, I've done races for other evil planes that aren't so evil, one of them would be the Carcass collectors of archon.

Them in a nutshell:
You might have heard of Cadaver collectors…
Carcass collectors are much smaller Cadaver collectors that just kinda exist on the plane of archon with them. They were made by an unknown god that thought
“All these gods are playing war games, what if I instead have my own fun and have my little guys start farming crops beside the battlefield.”
He then made his own race of smaller cadaver collectors that started to grow blood-fruit for food. Unlike Cadaver collectors Carcass collectors are mostly flesh with a small metal coating on their skin. They also possess spear-like protrusions on their backs made of bone which they often like to stick dead goblins on.

Another thing of note is that the setting the "Arclands" takes quite a few liberties when it comes to the planes, one being that the god of water called Thios in the arclands, exists on one of the layers of the abyss, being one of the very low ones, where she basically touched that ring with her power and the demons were driven away and replaced with things called Salma-toa, which are basically Koa-toa, but salmon, and not evil.

So my main question is, what kind of race would exist on Gehenna, but not be outright evil. I'm more-less looking for something like the Carcass collectors that really goes against the nature of the plane, but feels like they still belong on it regardless.

Ettina
2021-01-27, 06:02 PM
Sehrloths (https://www.reddit.com/r/UnearthedArcana/comments/f3zt0t/sehrloths_four_playable_animalesque_yugoloth/)? They're basically weaker yugoloths designed to be balanced PC races.