PDA

View Full Version : Is The Shackled City Adventure Path Official Content

kbob
2021-01-26, 03:40 AM
As the title suggests, is The Shackled City Adventure Path official content?

Troacctid
2021-01-26, 04:22 AM
I suppose that depends on how you define "official."

Personally, I think the better word would be "canon," but that's just my opinion. ☕🐸

Xervous
2021-01-26, 08:44 AM
I consider it on the same level as RHoD. Basically a 1st party adventure path.

But even after all this time. Too many half dragons.

Zombimode
2021-01-26, 09:04 AM
Since there was no official Greyhawk puplication after the release of the Shackled City hardcover, it's hard to say.

What we know is that in at least "Paizo-Greyhawk" (the setting how it is described and developed in the three Dungeon Adventure Paths Shackled City, Age of Worms and Savage Tide) the Flanaesse-colonized lands in the Amedio including the city of Cauldron and the events of Shackled City are referenced.

daremetoidareyo
2021-01-26, 09:30 AM
It’s in the same category as dragon compendium. Wotc sanctioned paizo publication.

Zombimode
2021-01-26, 09:35 AM
For what it's worth, Anna B. Meyer has included the locations from Shackled City (and the other adventure paths) into her Greyhawk maps (https://www.annabmeyer.com/).

Elves
2021-01-26, 02:01 PM
Technically it would be authorized third party but like Dragon Magazine the consensus is to treat it as official.

Thurbane
2021-01-26, 06:14 PM
The hardcover re-print shares the same status as the Dragon Compendium, so is generally considered more "official" than magazine-only stuff.

In terms of Iron Chef etc. I believe it is allowed content for the competition, same as Dragon Compendium.