PDA

View Full Version : Hold up, HOLD UP!

PhallicWarrior
2007-11-07, 12:31 PM
When was it said that the femal half-orc (half-orcesse?) was named Thelcka? (Theckla? Thlecka?)

I'm so confused

Ganurath
2007-11-07, 12:32 PM
Therkla, by the disembodied voice, in panel ten of today's comic.

"Can you hear me Therkla?"

PhallicWarrior
2007-11-07, 12:36 PM
Oh, I see. Can't believe I missed that.

FoE
2007-11-07, 12:49 PM
Well, since this thread is now dead, I'll use it pose my own "HOLD IT!!" thought that I had last night:

Nearly four months have passed since Roy died. By all accounts, Kazumi and Daigo barely knew each other during the siege of Azure City (considering they had not yet gone on a date). And now they're getting married, after four months of dating?! What the hecuva?!

Ganurath
2007-11-07, 12:54 PM
Well, since this thread is now dead, I'll use it pose my own "HOLD IT!!" thought that I had last night:

Nearly four months have passed since Roy died. By all accounts, Kazumi and Kaito barely knew each other during the siege of Azure City (considering they had not yet gone on a date). And now they're getting married, after four months of dating?! What the hecuva?!Yeah, and it's not like they've been through a lot together. I mean, they haven't had nearly as many near-death experiences laced with sexual tension as in a normal rela- Oh, yeah. Well, it's not like they have a pregnancy they need to cov- Wait, what? Ah, I see.

Albub
2007-11-07, 12:54 PM
Never mind... eight weeks pregnant. My bad, thought it said months.

*smacks forehead*

SoD
2007-11-07, 12:59 PM
Plus, in times of war, people do tend to get married with a bit more haste than in times of peace...and that goes for other parts of pre-marriage 'get-to-know-each-other' stuff as well...

FoE
2007-11-07, 01:59 PM
Yeah, and it's not like they've been through a lot together. I mean, they haven't had nearly as many near-death experiences laced with sexual tension as in a normal rela- Oh, yeah. Well, it's not like they have a pregnancy they need to cov- Wait, what? Ah, I see.

They've just had the one near-death experience, as far as I can figure. After all, Daigo hasn't even used his last name yet!

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0472.html

And what's the big deal about getting a girl pregnant? I've knocked up plenty of girls, and I never married any of them; I always skipped town once they gave me the news!

(Looks around at uncomfortable silence) Why are you all looking at me like I'm a bad person? :smallwink:

Oracle_Hunter
2007-11-07, 02:18 PM
Ooooh, I see how this thread works.

How about these:

Why hasn't Belkar killed Kubota yet? It's not like they're in a city!
Why can't anyone see what's going on in Azure City?
Why is Elan Hinjo's bodyguard?

:wink:

Kaelaroth
2007-11-07, 02:30 PM
(Looks around at uncomfortable silence) Why are you all looking at me like I'm a bad person? :smallwink:

You're a bad, bad, bad person. :smallfurious:

David Argall
2007-11-07, 04:16 PM
Ooooh, I see how this thread works.

How about these:

Why hasn't Belkar killed Kubota yet? It's not like they're in a city!
Why can't anyone see what's going on in Azure City?
Why is Elan Hinjo's bodyguard?

:wink:

Belkar has been stuck in the city and Kubota has been stuck outside the city.
Lick has put up some mystery [homebrew?] spell which seems to prevent any exit or entry.
Elan wanted to be Hinjo's bodyguard and one just can't tell him he is totally worthless at the job. Assuming he actually got the message [a rather major assumption], it might make him cry. So Hinjo has to put up with his presence.

geekyhedgehog
2007-11-07, 04:25 PM
I think that Cloister is a perfectly normal spell, if it was created by Xykon, it would be Xykon's massive field of utter undetectability

or something

Yendor
2007-11-07, 04:38 PM
But he casts it with what is apparently Dorukan's headband, so it may well be Dorukan's spell.

Animefunkmaster
2007-11-07, 06:26 PM
or Command word item.